Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 12:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
Police are people just as we are. To make the assumption that all police are agents of the tyrant king is too far fetched to fathom. Most are doing their best to protect society, with the few bad apples being brought into the spotlight to paint a picture that they want us to see.

How do you not see that? My brother isn't one of the bad apples. Neither is my next door neighbor or the multitude of friends that we have who are in law enforcement. How can you paint with such a broad brush that their intent is to harm us?

What about the police and paramedics that were moving TOWARDS the gunfire with hopes of trying to save the lives of whomever they could? Did they have a hidden agenda?

Police are the strong arm agents of government and the wealthy ruling class. To do the dirty work, they themselves are to cowardly to do themselves. Imposing your will on others, takes an army to force compliance, of those that do not consent. Liberty and forced compliance and not compatible.

Those that are hired guns for the wealthy corporate, are not held to the same accountability as an elected Sheriff is.
Police are not there to protect and serve any longer. They are there to harass and abuse and clean up the mess they create. Every bully in school, became LE of some sort.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Maybe you should respond to this poster. I am curious how you would choose to answer his questions.

Pick our battles wisely, because watching our backs is worse than the fight that will take place.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:09 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,194 times
Question Being Objective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Police are the strong arm agents of government and the wealthy ruling class. To do the dirty work, they themselves are to cowardly to do themselves. Imposing your will on others, takes an army to force compliance, of those that do not consent. Liberty and forced compliance and not compatible.

Those that are hired guns for the wealthy corporate, are not held to the same accountability as an elected Sheriff is.
Police are not there to protect and serve any longer. They are there to harass and abuse and clean up the mess they create. Every bully in school, became LE of some sort.

I am sorry you feel that way. The Law is for everyone, "not just rich white guys". Most police departments work full time in being in touch with the community. There are few officers who make bad decision , which are not officers any more.
However with the witch over Freddy Gray the Prosecutor Mosley presented a case to further a political cause.
The result is 6 offices are forever effected over a investigation that should of never resulted a indictment.

Again for the Record, we have many Professional Black Police Chiefs and Sheriffs around the country!

Everyone must be more Objective.

Last edited by GHOSTRIDER AZ; 07-18-2016 at 12:20 PM..

Old 07-18-2016, 12:10 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:

But you see, the bolded is your opinion.

Police officer has saved my little nephew's life once, long story. Police officers have helped me personally many times. You can argue all the day that they no longer protect and serve, I am sure many people would disagree with you.

Bottom line is that cop killing has to stop. There is no excuse under the sun can justify cop killing.

Prior to work, officers assemble their uniforms and equipment and possibly do some preparation or preventive maintenance. Some officers dress for work at home, and some wear street clothes to work and dress in a locker room. An officer might ensure his shoes and "brass" (the snap covers on his Sam Browne/gun belt and various insignia pins on his uniform shirt) are shined, his sidearm is loaded and serviceable, and his flashlight has fresh batteries or is fully charged if it's rechargeable.

Most shifts begin with a briefing or roll call session of 10-30 minutes. Here, a supervisor will assign beats (patrol sectors) and radio call numbers, advise of any special details or assignments that might have to be covered during the shift (e.g. a high school football game is set to end at 10 p.m., and an officer should be in the area for traffic control), and brief everyone on any ongoing crime patterns or "BOLOs" (Be On the LookOuts) so officers will know to watch for specific behaviors, people, or vehicles.

That is a typical day for them. They go to work everyday, and hope to make it home to their families and loved ones. Most of the officers don't even pull the trigger through out their entire career.

They are not enemies.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
All my tickets?

If you are receiving multiple tickets for your vehicle operation it says a lot about your driving

Yes... Yes it does....

Point A - to- point B

Atlanta to Austin. 15 hours, when the speed limit was 55mph and I was dragging my box trailer.
Things to do, places to be.

Now with the speed limit 75 that is normal.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I am sorry you feel that way. The Law is for everyone, "not just rich white guys". Most police departments work full time in being in touch with the community. There are few officers who make bad decision , which are not officers any more.
However with the witch over Freddy Gray the Prosecutor Mosley presented a case to further a political cause.
The result is 6 offices are forever effected over a investigation that should of never resulted a indictment.

Everyone must be more Objective.

Laws are for those that consent.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
But you see, the bolded is your opinion.

Police officer has saved my little nephew's life once, long story. Police officers have helped me personally many times. You can argue all the day that they no longer protect and serve, I am sure many people would disagree with you.

Bottom line is that cop killing has to stop. There is no excuse under the sun can justify cop killing.

Prior to work, officers assemble their uniforms and equipment and possibly do some preparation or preventive maintenance. Some officers dress for work at home, and some wear street clothes to work and dress in a locker room. An officer might ensure his shoes and "brass" (the snap covers on his Sam Browne/gun belt and various insignia pins on his uniform shirt) are shined, his sidearm is loaded and serviceable, and his flashlight has fresh batteries or is fully charged if it's rechargeable.

Most shifts begin with a briefing or roll call session of 10-30 minutes. Here, a supervisor will assign beats (patrol sectors) and radio call numbers, advise of any special details or assignments that might have to be covered during the shift (e.g. a high school football game is set to end at 10 p.m., and an officer should be in the area for traffic control), and brief everyone on any ongoing crime patterns or "BOLOs" (Be On the LookOuts) so officers will know to watch for specific behaviors, people, or vehicles.

That is a typical day for them. They go to work everyday, and hope to make it home to their families and loved ones. Most of the officers don't even pull the trigger through out their entire career.

They are not enemies.

If one is not capable of keeping themselves safe, then they need someone else to rely on. That is understandable.
Where I come from, it is SSS.
If you want to break into my house when I'm here, you better have left an itinerary if you ever want to be found.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Laws are for those that consent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_smAtZxpAk

Old 07-18-2016, 12:20 PM

8,379 posts, read 4,363,801 times
A thin blue line is the ONLY thing between civilization and anarchy. Trying to destroy the ONLY thing between you and all the bad crap in the world is the same as committing suicide.

Cops are people too. There are far more good ones than bad ones. Bad one make mistakes and they need to be held accountable.

I dare say that in the majority of incidents where LEO have shot people it is because the person acted in a stupid manner. They did not follow direction, they acted disrespectful, they tried to run, they were belligerent and escalated something routine into something nasty and dangerous. It is a mean nasty world out there and LEO can not afford to take chances with anyone that acts dangerous at all.

I am not trying to take all the blame off LEO, like I said, they are people, they make mistakes.

But what is going on now is beyond stupid and insane. It is terrorism. It is self destructive. Place responsibility where it needs to be and take responsibility for your own actions.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
If one is not capable of keeping themselves safe, then they need someone else to rely on. That is understandable.
Where I come from, it is SSS.
If you want to break into my house when I'm here, you better have left an itinerary if you ever want to be found.
well, like I said, it is okay that you don't need police officers. Most of us don't even know how much we need them until it is too late.

Maybe I will never really "need" a police officer, but I still understand that they are just regular people just like myself. Who do I think I am to judge them based on their career choices?

That is the bottom line. I don't know where you are from, well, I was born in Oklahoma city, and I grew up in Newport Beach, california. Police officers are welcomed and respected.

My brother has a bbq restaurant run by veterans. If police officers came to our restaurant to eat, that would be our lucky day. They are very funny people, actually! Try talk to one, sometimes. They are not as intimidating as you think they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies