Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 09:25 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Victimless crimes, made just to target black communities and incarcerate them at higher per capita levels than any other race in the USA. Different sentencing for blacks committing the same victimless crimes as whites or even hispanics and certainly different than illegal aliens.
The goal being to keep the black population unarmed, because felons cannot legally own a firearm. Not according to the constitution, but statutory unconstitutional laws.
If a person is not incarcerated, they have liberties we all have, until dead.

Victimless you say ?

Over spilled Kool-Aid..
2-year-old taken off life support; 3 charged

Just some family members having a disagreement...
Shooting kills 1 child, critically injures another on Detroit's west side - Story | WJBK

They were really good chips though...
Man shot over potato chips in Detroit

That damn Facebook !
Update: Fatal Shooting of Girl, 3, Began With Beef on Facebook *–* Deadline Detroit

Old 07-18-2016, 09:31 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,670,560 times
The first step to ending the violence is self-reflection and personal responsibility. Before blaming someone else, it's wise to figure out if you may be part of the problem. This is what most don't want to admit. It's much easier to lay blame on everyone else (regardless of color, economic class, or job) to avoid admitting where the problem really lies.

This will never end as long as everyone (and I do mean EVERYONE) involved refuse to reflect on that. I don't dislike someone because of the money they make, or the color of their skin. I dislike someone who has proven to me that they have an agenda that negatively impacts society.

In this instance, we see racial relations stirred up because of BLM and similar movements. While the initial intent may have been noble, people have taken that to a much higher level and have now wrapped the movements up in violence. As such, LEO's have been put on the hot seat to somehow try to curb that violence, and in turn are being persecuted because of it. Eventually they too will become tired of dealing with it and even the good ones will turn bad. There is only so much a person can take before snapping. After all, LEO's are humans too. And on goes the cycle of violence.

When will people wake up and realize that is an effect of something else much deeper?

Old 07-18-2016, 09:33 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,946,602 times
Your race has brought this on you. Their committing crimes, and thus you are sterotyped. Just like muslims.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have many personal friends who are LAPD officers, several of them are black and Latinos, majority of them are white. I know they don't "target" certain race. Many officers support legalizing marijuana and other drugs.

That is a good story for the campfire, but unless we are both there to see for ourselves, statistics are being more comprehensive and the truth of the matter at hand.

Are we seeing the symptoms? Or are we witnessing the cause?
A badge, has become the flag of the enemy to the people in the Police State, government has created. Killing unarmed humans, is murder. Killing an armed human, is war.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
and if police officers cannot take it anymore, then what?
Take what? Being assassinated in a war they have been accused of perpetuating, with the Police State Government has created?

The 2nd Amendment is very scary and intended to be even scarier for government.
It wasn't created to go hunting to eat. It was created to hunt tyrants and all agents of tyrants.

Pick your battles wisely as a human. It could be the last.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:40 AM

19,643 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Having been a 19 year old white female, I can tell you that you are WRONG, but you will never listen because it doesn't fit your narrative and agendas...and after all of your posts yesterday, I'm convinced you only have an agenda and do not care to hear reality.

What do you think is wrong with the story of being stopped at 19 in the bmw?

If OP lived in an affluent area then lots of younger people have expensive foreign cars, and do they get stopped because of it? Not living in that type of area I don't know.

Police sometimes stop young drivers with nice cars anyway, they think they are spoiled punks. But in an affluent area it seems too common to bother with so maybe race did have something to do with it.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:42 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Where did the stereotypes come from? Did they appear from nowhere? Did everyone wake up one morning and say "you know what? From here on out we are going to say that blacks as a group are prone to crime, poverty and educational underachievement."

It's a chicken and egg sort of thing.
Long before there were the statistics that we have now, blacks were stopped, harassed, lynched... on a regular basis.
There are thousands of pages that detail the incidents that occurred after the Civil War that were a direct result of skin color.
If a people is beaten down for generations, how easy do you think it is to break those cycles?

Yes, millions have done it, but they've done it under the cloud of affirmative action and other so-called "benefit" programs that people use to minimize the actual credit they deserve for their accomplishments.

I saw similar comments following the video that was posted of the doctor who treated the Dallas victims talking about his experiences with the police.

The antagonistic relationship exists. It has existed since before any of us were born.
Crime is lower now than it has been in years and yet people still try to use it to justify stops even in low-crime areas.
It is patently clear that many in this thread regard the majority of blacks as criminals, deserving whatever befalls them as some sort of punishment for the crimes perpetrated by the few.

As long as people continue to believe this, nothing will change.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post

Are those victimless crimes? NO!
Murder and theft have always been natural crimes of mankind, that have garnered revenge, from the beginning of time.

Yes, I said victimless. Those incarcerated or killed, and no one was harmed and no one took what was not theirs.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:45 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,670,560 times
We may as well get ready for war. The BLM folks will never back down as they believe their violent actions are justified. On the other hand, those of us who disagree with them believe we are justified and are growing weary of dealing with the threats, the accusations, and everything else being forced upon us. We are quickly approaching a stalemate. If someone can't come in and calm the situation down with reasoning (which unfortunately I don't believe will work) then the only other option is to fight violence with violence.

Every day I see articles about officers helping others, yet those articles are quickly overcast by more officers being gunned down and the quick rebuttal that they're all dirty. Why do you think that is? There is an AGENDA that many are trying to fulfill. Peace is nowhere in that agenda.

Just yesterday here locally a young black family called our police department to report that their son had bought a bicycle from another young man and they found out it was stolen. They attempted to get his money back and couldn't. The officers drove down to a local store and bought the young boy a bicycle, added on some extras for him and promptly delivered it to the young man's family as they couldn't afford to buy another one.

Last week at the local black college, students organized an "All Lives Matter" campaign. Hundreds of people showed up, and the local police force was there to help keep the peace. Interestingly enough, there was not one single act of violence and white and black people stood together to push their message of peace.

Oddly enough, this didn't garner much attention outside of our local area, let alone the state or national headlines. Again, the AGENDA doesn't permit it to. Time for us to wake up.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:45 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Who typically commits the most crime in a community?

The young/male/unmarried/not employed/not in school .

It's just that this narrow demographic is a much higher proportion of blacks than it is of whites.
Depends on location.
I doubt that this would be the case in, say, Idaho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies