Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 12:10 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post
But this false perception is perpetuated by TV and rap music. For many whites, they have more contact with black people being gangbangers on TV and in rap music than they have contact with normal black people in real life just going to work and coming home. It's no wonder the perceptions are off.

What if black people collectively refused to play a criminal of any sort on TV or in the movies from this point forward. Went on strike against any black created music that had violent lyrics. Do you think things might change? It might take several years, to let it all sink in, but I think it would work.

And it's a lot better than what's happening now.

I agree to an extent. The issue of the black American image in the media is very complex. Many actors and artists are very aware of their image and its impact on the perception of black Americans in the collective.

But I will also say that artistic expression should not be stifled due to the inability for some Americans to separate entertainment from reality. For example, numerous rap and hip hop artists are also college educated. And a LOT of them grew up in middle class neighborhoods and 2 parent homes that are nothing like the world that they rap about.

Rappers & College: 14 Hip-Hop Heavyweights Who Attended University

Old 07-18-2016, 12:15 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
again, cops will use aggressive tactics in high crime rate areas regardless of color.....you can't have different standards based on race, its based in crime rate in an area.

the job of the police is not only to investigate crimes already committed but to PREVENT crimes before it happens to bring that crime rate down.

Everyday the police gets pressure to get that crime rate down in areas that is out of control......that's the bottom line.....what tactics you want the police to take to bring the crime rate down in a very hostile environment....aggressive or passive?

Old 07-18-2016, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
You are clueless.........the Police will act differently in areas of HIGH CRIME RATE regardless of color. Its call good police work.

The Police gets pressure by their superiors and their political bosses to bring crime rate down. If Crime rate doesn't come down the police get their a$$es chew from top to bottom.

The job of the Police is to not only investigate crimes already committed but to prevent crimes before it happens in high crime rate areas to bring down the crime rate.......so if police have to profile from the data base and intelligence so be it, unless you have a better way to bring crime rate down.

to prevent crimes in a high crime rate area and in a community that doesn't cooperate with the police, the police will be more aggressive and will profile....something the black community are against.

the problem is that the culture in the black communities which have a high crime rate is to challenge the police and authority and not cooperate with the police.....that's the problem.......high crime rate is not going down by the police being soft or passive or ignoring lawbreakers.

so tell me what tactics you want the police to change to bring HIGH CRIME RATE down which is their job while not getting killed or putting their lives at a higher risk?

The police puts their lives on the line everyday to protect the community from the most violent criminals for a $hitty pay and they get pressure everyday to bring the crime rate down, they get their a$$es chew from top to bottom why the crime rate keeps going up......so put yourself in their shoes.

if the Police are aggressive in high crime rate areas they complain.....if they are too passive in high crime rate areas and crimes rates stay the same or goes up, they complain.

its a no win situation for the police in these high crime rate areas where they get no respect and not cooperation from the communities.

Well I am not from, do not live in and do not frequent "High Crime Rate Areas" so should I still be treated differently because I am a black American?

Old 07-18-2016, 12:16 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Why do some white people think BLM represents all black people?

Did every black person have to vote on this?

Does the KKK represent all white people?

Old 07-18-2016, 12:18 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times
An example...who started "The Knockout Game", which isn't a game but a violent assault, for no reason?

What group calls for v the killing of cops, chanting "What do we want? Dead cops. When do we want them? Now!" Who carries signs saying 'pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon"? Even the kkk in their marches over the last 20 yrs don't call for violence against blacks or other people.
Look at the violence and rioting at "peaceful "BLM protests.
Look at the black leaders like farrakan, calling for the killing of whites.
Then we have a divisive president, that immediately condemned Darren Wilson in the michael brown shooting, and blamed bad cops. And sent reps to his funeral (when he can't be bothered to send reps to funerals for veterans killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.)

Old 07-18-2016, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Well I am not from, do not live in and do not frequent "High Crime Rate Areas" so should I still be treated differently because I am a black American?

is it hard for you to cooperate with the police and not challenge them?........I'm sure you are a smart person when you get stop by the police for any reason you follow their instructions and don't be hostile to them for doing their jobs?

I'm not WHITE, and I never had a problem with the police and trust me I have been stop for speeding or driving without insurance many times and I know how to act and they treated me with respect....sometimes they gave me a warning other times gave me a ticket.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:22 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Also,this is something else i do not understand.

Are black people supposed to accept mis-treatment in America because it may be worse in Africa?

Why is every black person automatically linked with Africa,as if black people cannot come from somewhere else(example,Jamaica)?

There was a thread last week about Al-Quada? telling terrorist to attack white americans to avoid getting the hate crime label.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Also,this is something else i do not understand.

Are black people supposed to accept mis-treatment in America because it may be worse in Africa?

so the narrative is ALL black people get mis-treatment in America because of skin color?.....is that a fact?.......or people are treated by their actions and character?

Old 07-18-2016, 12:27 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
More all lIves matter to counter BLM, Black on Black crime, more whites get killed by the police, etc... The usual crappie that gets posted to deflect from the issue of unfair treatment of Blacks at the hands of police and a way to justify it, yes I read that nonsense.

Please refute what was said in the video links I've posted. Btw, speaking of black cops...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oK35y9-dTuw

like you said anecdotal.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
An example...who started "The Knockout Game", which isn't a game but a violent assault, for no reason?

What group calls for v the killing of cops, chanting "What do we want? Dead cops. When do we want them? Now!" Who carries signs saying 'pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon"? Even the kkk in their marches over the last 20 yrs don't call for violence against blacks or other people.
Look at the violence and rioting at "peaceful "BLM protests.
Look at the black leaders like farrakan, calling for the killing of whites.
Then we have a divisive president, that immediately condemned Darren Wilson in the michael brown shooting, and blamed bad cops. And sent reps to his funeral (when he can't be bothered to send reps to funerals for veterans killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.)
I'm just curious....

What percentage of the black American population participated in, advocated for or even knew about the "Knockout Game"?

What percentage of the black American population is calling for the killing of police officers (many of whom happen to be black police officers)?

What percentage of the black American population is out marching and carrying signs?

Also, I think that the percentage of black Americans who follow Farrakhan is less than 1% of the black American population.

And who are YOU referring to as black leaders? My "black" leader is the POTUS. And my "leader" before than was GWB.

Stop with the hysterical rant. We are discussing real ideas and solutions here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies