Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 08:18 AM

29,507 posts, read 14,668,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
I've posted videos that counter that overused rhetoric you're spewing, check them out.

This is from the FBI website. Now the numbers look close but keep in mind blacks make up 13.2% of the U.S. population. Think about it, a small percentage of that 13.2% is committing more or almost the same amount (depending on the crime) of the crimes across the nation as whites , which make up 7 times more people. There is a problem don't you think ? And it isn't color.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43

Old 07-18-2016, 09:02 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This is nothing new. I personally have respect for law enforcement however this MUST change. Black people are treated differently by law enforcement and may police officer abuse their authority.

Having black skin is NOT a crime. This MUST stop. It happens every day. Black people are reaching the breaking point. If you do not like or even hate black people then you should not be a police officer in predominantly black areas. This is not about GOOD police officers, its about the rotten apples.

I understand that law enforcement is a low paid and often thankless job but police officers must stop taking out their anger and frustrations on citizens. Change must come in the way in which officers treat the community AND the improvement of the training and salaries of police officers as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N30tT93FChQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbdZ8x6nc1k

I know that many of the usual suspects will go off of the topic but this is about changing the manner in which law enforcement interacts with the communities that they police. This thread is about ideas and solutions. Please keep it moving if you have neither to offer.

Over the weekend at the ballpark, I got drawn into a discussion with an ex-cop about this, when he told me more cops were shot in Baton Rouge. He was so emotionally enraged, he could not possibly think straight. It was all about revenge for him. First thing I said to him was, "I can see both side of the issue". He snapped back, "there is only one side of the issue"

I said "people just don't kill other people for no reason. Oppressed people or a person, will lash out if they have had their fill of being bulled. That is how we got the American Revolution and the Civil War. That is how we took care of the bully in school or the person we bullied took care of us".
He wanted to make it personal from that point and he did not want to hear any other perspective. So, you condone killing cops...... This ex-cop wants to create a bloody race war, no if's, and's, or but's.

No, I oppose a badge is a privilege to bully others and kill them if they do not consent to being bullied.
If they have not harmed another, or taken what is not theirs, leave them alone, or watch your back.

Guess what, all the sudden he turned into the bully intimidating cop. That is not what he wanted to hear, from a white redneck like he. I laughed and said, you are making my point for me and that we can agree to disagree and walked away, before it escalated.

I blew his day at the ballpark.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:12 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
OP, the reason blacks are profiled for crime more than other races is because they
are the highest percentage of criminals.
What are YOU and other blacks doing about that fact besides blaming cops and racism?

Old 07-18-2016, 09:14 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Over the weekend at the ballpark, I got drawn into a discussion with an ex-cop about this, when he told me more cops were shot in Baton Rouge. He was so emotionally enraged, he could not possibly think straight. It was all about revenge for him. First thing I said to him was, "I can see both side of the issue". He snapped back, "there is only one side of the issue"

I said "people just don't kill other people for no reason. Oppressed people or a person, will lash out if they have had their fill of being bulled. That is how we got the American Revolution and the Civil War. That is how we took care of the bully in school or the person we bullied took care of us".
He wanted to make it personal from that point and he did not want to hear any other perspective. So, you condone killing cops...... This ex-cop wants to create a bloody race war, no if's, and's, or but's.

No, I oppose a badge is a privilege to bully others and kill them if they do not consent to being bullied.
If they have not harmed another, or taken what is not theirs, leave them alone, or watch your back.

Guess what, all the sudden he turned into the bully intimidating cop. That is not what he wanted to hear, from a white redneck like he. I laughed and said, you are making my point for me and that we can agree to disagree and walked away, before it escalated.

I blew his day at the ballpark.
I have been bullied once or twice when I was in Jr. High. I certainly don't want to hate that whole race, I don't even hate those bullies' families.

Maybe these cops are sick and tired being labeled as "redneck" or "bullies with guns." Not all cops are bullies with guns.

We all understand that NOT all minorities are criminals, that is why we get angry when innocent minorities become a target of police brutality. When a police officer never abused his power, why should he be more understanding that people want to kill him simply because of his career choices? Many police officers never draw their weapons in their whole career.

Put yourself in his shoes, you would understand why he was so angry at you.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:17 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
"Some people create their own storms then get upset when it rains."

Old 07-18-2016, 09:19 AM

30,267 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Yes. There is a tendency to prejudge black people. "What are THEY doing in THIS neighborhood"?

Well, I will use myself as an example. I am a black woman. College educated. Raised in a 2 parent home. Grow up in an upper middle class black neighborhood in Los Angeles. Attended private schools my entire life. My parents bought me a BMW for my 18th birthday. When I was 19 I was stopped and harassed twice by the police. Not for speeding. Not for making illegal turns and failing to stop or running a red light. But I was stopped and questioned at length basically about how I (a young black woman attending university) could afford a BMW. During the "interrogations" I remained cordial but frustrated and annoyed. I received a bogus ticket for one of the stops that I fought in court (it was thrown out by the judge).

If I been a 19 yr. white woman the assumption would have been that I was just a spoiled co-ed driving a nice BMW. But I COULDN'T just be a cute spoiled co-ed because the assumption is that blacks are all criminals. It is MUCH worse for young black men.
Having been a 19 year old white female, I can tell you that you are WRONG, but you will never listen because it doesn't fit your narrative and agendas...and after all of your posts yesterday, I'm convinced you only have an agenda and do not care to hear reality.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
OP, the reason blacks are profiled for crime more than other races is because they
are the highest percentage of criminals.
What are YOU and other blacks doing about that fact besides blaming cops and racism?

Victimless crimes, made just to target black communities and incarcerate them at higher per capita levels than any other race in the USA. Different sentencing for blacks committing the same victimless crimes as whites or even hispanics and certainly different than illegal aliens.
The goal being to keep the black population unarmed, because felons cannot legally own a firearm. Not according to the constitution, but statutory unconstitutional laws.
If a person is not incarcerated, they have liberties we all have, until dead.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have been bullied once or twice when I was in Jr. High. I certainly don't want to hate that whole race, I don't even hate those bullies' families.

Maybe these cops are sick and tired being labeled as "redneck" or "bullies with guns." Not all cops are bullies with guns.

We all understand that NOT all minorities are criminals, that is why we get angry when innocent minorities become a target of police brutality. When a police officer never abused his power, why should he be more understanding that people want to kill him simply because of his career choices? Many police officers never draw their weapons in their whole career.

Put yourself in his shoes, you would understand why he was so angry at you.
In a war, sides and lines are drawn. It is that black & white.
Oppressed people, or person, will eventually lash out. That is natural human instinct, when they have had enough and are not going to take it anymore, there is going to be a battle.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Victimless crimes, made just to target black communities and incarcerate them at higher per capita levels than any other race in the USA. Different sentencing for blacks committing the same victimless crimes as whites or even hispanics and certainly different than illegal aliens.
The goal being to keep the black population unarmed, because felons cannot legally own a firearm. Not according to the constitution, but statutory unconstitutional laws.
If a person is not incarcerated, they have liberties we all have, until dead.
I have many personal friends who are LAPD officers, several of them are black and Latinos, majority of them are white. I know they don't "target" certain race. Many officers support legalizing marijuana and other drugs.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
In a war, sides and lines are drawn. It is that black & white.
Oppressed people, or person, will eventually lash out. That is natural human instinct, when they have had enough and are not going to take it anymore.
and if police officers cannot take it anymore, then what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies