Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 09:49 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That is a good story for the campfire, but unless we are both there to see for ourselves, statistics are being more comprehensive and the truth of the matter at hand.

Are we seeing the symptoms? Or are we witnessing the cause?
A badge, has become the flag of the enemy to the people in the Police State, government has created. Killing unarmed humans, is murder. Killing an armed human, is war.
Give me a break. How many police officers actually killed somebody ? Do you even know?

Old 07-18-2016, 09:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
The first step to ending the violence is self-reflection and personal responsibility. Before blaming someone else, it's wise to figure out if you may be part of the problem. This is what most don't want to admit. It's much easier to lay blame on everyone else (regardless of color, economic class, or job) to avoid admitting where the problem really lies.

This will never end as long as everyone (and I do mean EVERYONE) involved refuse to reflect on that. I don't dislike someone because of the money they make, or the color of their skin. I dislike someone who has proven to me that they have an agenda that negatively impacts society.

In this instance, we see racial relations stirred up because of BLM and similar movements. While the initial intent may have been noble, people have taken that to a much higher level and have now wrapped the movements up in violence. As such, LEO's have been put on the hot seat to somehow try to curb that violence, and in turn are being persecuted because of it. Eventually they too will become tired of dealing with it and even the good ones will turn bad. There is only so much a person can take before snapping. After all, LEO's are humans too. And on goes the cycle of violence.

When will people wake up and realize that is an effect of something else much deeper?
The morals, tolerance, responsibility, integrity and love of those different than ourselves, taught in the good book, has been silenced by government. So more "crime" makes them more revenue.

Government creates conflict that never existed before. Without conflict between people, government would have to go back to its original intent. Securing the rights of the people. We would not be citizens of government, but people with our own liberties and conflicts settled personally, remembering murder is not acceptable.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Give me a break. How many police officers actually killed somebody ? Do you even know?

The better statistic, is how many of those in the capacity of the special privileges a badge offers, have killed unarmed humans?

That number is greater than armed individuals killed, that have committed crimes.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/28301956/...nty-apartments

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local...86473102-story

You tell me that revenge is not on family and friends of these individuals, that got no justice for the murder of their unarmed community member.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:01 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
The better statistic, is how many of those in the capacity of the special privileges a badge offers, have killed unarmed humans?

That number is greater than armed individuals killed, that have committed crimes.
As has been pointed out on another thread about those "numbers", what they don't tell you is that "unarmed" includes those who threaten or assault cops with vehicles. Find some real numbers, not bs numbers.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:

.. and this does not change the fact that most office officers never draw their weapons in their whole career.

Kill somebody based on their career choices is wrong, plain and simple.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:

Naked man shot, killed by police - CBS46 News

Austin Police officer shoots and kills naked man - Story | KTBC

You tell me that revenge is not on family and friends of these individuals, that got no justice for the murder of their unarmed community member.
You tell me it is okay to target other police officers who have nothing to do with these killings. This is the whole point. man. You are smart, I know you understand the point I am making.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:06 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,659,943 times
Quote:
The morals, tolerance, responsibility, integrity and love of those different than ourselves, taught in the good book, has been silenced by government. So more "crime" makes them more revenue.

Government creates conflict that never existed before. Without conflict between people, government would have to go back to its original intent. Securing the rights of the people. We would not be citizens of government, but people with our own liberties and conflicts settled personally, remembering murder is not acceptable.

This, IMO, is 100% unequivocally true. Very disheartening, but true.

As a society, we are a much larger and greater force than the government. If we all worked together, it would be VERY easy to force the government to serve the people as originally intended. But, the government has the stronger mental game. By keeping us divided, we aren't strong enough as a nation to keep them at bay. We are too busy fighting each other over petty differences to see what is really going on.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
This, IMO, is 100% unequivocally true. Very disheartening, but true.

As a society, we are a much larger and greater force than the government. If we all worked together, it would be VERY easy to force the government to serve the people as originally intended. But, the government has the stronger mental game. By keeping us divided, we aren't strong enough as a nation to keep them at bay. We are too busy fighting each other over petty differences to see what is really going on.
well I agree with you, but that poster is part of the problem.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:10 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,659,943 times
I think just as with every other poster here, this particular one is fed up. This is the problem. We're all at a breaking point in society, and a stalemate. People become fed up with no direction for change. We could all change..... the problem is that we are now on sides.. And one side refuses to change before the other. Until we can reach an understanding, the problem will persist.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
.. and this does not change the fact that most office officers never draw their weapons in their whole career.

Kill somebody based on their career choices is wrong, plain and simple.

The 2nd amendment is there not to hunt for food. It is there to hunt tyrants and the agents that carry out the tyrants oppression of liberties.

Pick which side of the war you wish to be on. And the push to disarm the public of the very weapons government has, makes sense if you are working for government as an agent to put people in bondage to government. The entire reason there is a 2nd amendment in the first place, is playing out before our eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies