Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2016, 10:33 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Guns are made to kill? You aren't biased at all are you?
They are manufactured for one reason. That reason is to kill. Like someone else said above - other reasons are incidental. Give a loaded one to a toddler since you don't think the purpose of a gun is to kill. Nothing will happen, right? Edit: do not give a loaded gun to a toddler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 10:34 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
I consider myself more of an independent but my view is that although both can kill you, autos are designed for mobility. Guns are designed to kill. Even knives serve other purposes like cooking or camping out. Some guns are ok for personal protection and hunting. Many liberals I know don't want to ban guns entirely (although some do), but they do want to greatly limit guns that serve no other purpose except to kill people on mass proportions in an instant.

There are by the way many vehicles that were designed for war that are illegal as well as some foreign ones that weren't designed for war.

And that is where the problem is. You state that a gun is designed to kill, but some are okay for self defense and others can kill on mass proportion in an instant. So one type of gun kills better ? Which one is that ?
Let me guess.... a semi auto handgun with a back pack full of magazines...no , ah maybe a revolver with a back pack full of speed loaders....again no, hmm a semi auto rifle .... no , ah the black colored semi auto rifle called the AR15, yeah that's the one. So it's a color and name thing ?

Old 08-11-2016, 10:34 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,342,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Nice, France.

Depends on whom, how many, and how they are armed that determines how efficient a weapon might be.

'nuff said.

CN
Primary function of a car is for transportation. Using a car to kill obviously can be done, but it is not what a car is designed for.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
They are manufactured for one reason. That reason is to kill. Like someone else said above - other reasons are incidental. Give a loaded one to a toddler since you don't think the purpose of a gun is to kill. Nothing will happen, right? Edit: do not give a loaded gun to a toddler.

Put a 16 year old in a 700hp Dodge Hellcat... nothing will happen , right ?

Old 08-11-2016, 10:40 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Is reading comprehension something that you aren't good with ? These are my direct quotes.

I had to pass a background check, takean 8 hour class , stand in front of a board (8 people) to get my license tocarry. Also have to take the class every 5 years to maintain my license. Justto purchase a handgun I have to pass a background check (not now that I have aCPL) , and at the moment of sale a call to the NICS is made. The call to theNICS is also made when I purchase a long gun. What more would you like me to do?

Wrong. I carry a firearm, and I hope Igo to my grave without ever having to pull the trigger on another human oranimal.

So can you explain what a "loophole restriction" is ? And what is a "better" background check as opposed to just a regular background check ?
And myself and my wife, and my dad are blood thirsty sociopaths because we embrace one of the rights of being a US citizen ? Wow, this country really is spinning out of control.

OMG. I am so sorry. Thought I was responding to a different poster, but clicked the wrong quote.

I know an apology is little, but I do offer it.

As for the loopholes, I am talking about the gun shows and the internet purchases that are not subject to the rigors you had to go through. I come from a family of responsible gun owners, life long hunters and firmly believe in the right to own firearms.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:40 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,305,664 times
Quote:
You're the one that stated "I'd be in the fight and loving it" ... sorry I misinterpreted that as you liking to fight.
Once the fight starts I'd be showin' some love to an intruder.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:42 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:
Put a 16 year old in a 700hp Dodge Hellcat... nothing will happen , right ?
IDK, is this Dodge Hellcat a gun manufactured to kill? If so, then it is as bad as giving a gun to a toddler.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
OMG. I am so sorry. Thought I was responding to a different poster, but clicked the wrong quote.

I know an apology is little, but I do offer it.

As for the loopholes, I am talking about the gun shows and the internet purchases that are not subject to the rigors you had to go through. I come from a family of responsible gun owners, life long hunters and firmly believe in the right to own firearms.

LOL, it's okay. I've done the same thing before.

As far as the gun show thing, it isn't a loophole. It is how the laws are written in whatever state that is in. Implying a loophole means that it is skirting existing law. And internet purchases I'm going to disagree with you on that, I'll give you the rest of the day to try and find an internet firearms sale sight to let you purchase and ship a firearm without going thru an FFL.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Once the fight starts I'd be showin' some love to an intruder.

Understood. But you have to understand not all can fight. I've done okay in the past but won't risk my life or my families on it. I have a friend , that sounds similar to you. I've seen him square off against 4 guys and come out laughing. Oddly enough, he just got his CPL, and I actually asked him if he thought it was a good idea....I didn't.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,566 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
What exactly do you think will lead to "reduction of preventable deaths"? People keep saying that but offer no concrete way to accomplish it other than the vague "more regulation".

If you are going to "rep" someone just so you can respond, at least give your name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies