Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 08:20 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
More insults and hysterics. Wow.

But let me take one phrase from your many and address it:
How can you say with a straight face that our immigrants numbers wouldn't increase by allowing these illegals to remain here? Not only would we have the 1 million allowed in here legally but the millions of illegals here also.
I never said illegals should be allowed to remain here.

But here's the thing: How you gonna find all the illegals living here? You gonna just walk up and ask every person in America? Door-to-door? You think they're gonna turn each other in?
Trump's got you believing they can be readily identified in some way. But they can't.

His "policy" is pure nonsense. It's intended as red meat for casual voters.

Insults and hysterics? No, you just can't handle the truth of my statements, that's all. Oh, so now you aren't for amnesty but for deporting illegal aliens? We don't have to find all of the illegals living here and round them all up en masse. All we need to do is remove all of the incentives for them to remain here and many if not most will self-deport.

Trump never said he was going to go door to door to find them. You don't seem to want any enforcement of our immigration laws to see that they leave and you want many more to be able to come here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 09:04 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
More insults and hysterics. Wow.

But let me take one phrase from your many and address it:
How can you say with a straight face that our immigrants numbers wouldn't increase by allowing these illegals to remain here? Not only would we have the 1 million allowed in here legally but the millions of illegals here also.
I never said illegals should be allowed to remain here.

But here's the thing: How you gonna find all the illegals living here? You gonna just walk up and ask every person in America? Door-to-door? You think they're gonna turn each other in?
Trump's got you believing they can be readily identified in some way. But they can't.

His "policy" is pure nonsense. It's intended as red meat for casual voters.
This (along with the thread topic) is the classic Liberal fallacy on the subject......the ultimate red herring.

It is not necessary to "round them all up" at once......but Pro-Illegal types use this line of reasoning over and over.

Since when does not being able to solve an issue in one sweeping motion or piece of legislation mean we should just throw up our hands and do nothing?

I wonder why Liberals don't seem to have the same attitude about gun control?

Old 09-10-2016, 09:10 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Originally Posted by Oldglory
White trash? There are no other races living on the dole? Your racism is showing. The millions of Americans who lost their jobs to cheap, illegal workers certainly weren't on the dole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Franz View Post
I'm white.
What does that have to do with anything? Some of the most racist people I know are white progressives who loath being white.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:22 AM

25,584 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Insults and hysterics? No, you just can't handle the truth of my statements, that's all. Oh, so now you aren't for amnesty but for deporting illegal aliens? We don't have to find all of the illegals living here and round them all up en masse. All we need to do is remove all of the incentives for them to remain here and many if not most will self-deport.

Trump never said he was going to go door to door to find them. You don't seem to want any enforcement of our immigration laws to see that they leave and you want many more to be able to come here.
Get it straight.
I am for amnesty. I am also in favor of deporting unwanted foreigners. I am in favor of abolishing the birth-right provision, and am favor of limiting immigration to a figure less than the 1 million we now admit.

I do not believe there is a practical way to identify people who are here illegally. During economic downturns many illegals do self deport. Then they come back. It's easy.

So here's the question:
Let's say I am an illegal. Things have gotten tough. Why am I going to self deport when you have built a wall that virtually guarantees that I can not come back?
Ans:
I'm not. I'm never going back to Mexico. I'm going to stay here forever and ever. You have walled me in, and by doing so have placed yourself in the impossible position of having to find me.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:26 AM

25,584 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
..........It is not necessary to "round them all up" at once......but Pro-Illegal types use this line of reasoning over and over............
You criticize others, but you don't address the issue.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:37 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
Immigration reform, properly done, would mean no change. Still one million a year, just like now. Most from Mexico, just like now.

As of now there is almost no way to get into the US legally unless you are joining a relative or are a refugee. That's a stupid policy and we all see the result.

The hysterical screeching of the send-'em-back, they-done-broke-the-law crowd will result in nothing good. The Wall would result in something very bad.
Only by your definition of proper. My definition of proper would be to lock the revolving door, and deport every alien felon living here illegally.

Quote:
Get it straight.
I am for amnesty. I am also in favor of deporting unwanted foreigners. I am in favor of abolishing the birth-right provision, and am favor of limiting immigration to a figure less than the 1 million we now admit.

Bus full of Louisiana flood workers crashes, killing 2, including fire chief, over 30 injured
The out-of-control bus blasted through, crashing into the fire engine that was blocking the roadway, swerving across traffic, smashing a Camry before hitting Chauvin and two firefighters over the side of a guardrail into the water about 30 to 40 feet below.

Police said the 37-year-old driver, Denis Yasmir Amaya Rodriguez, was from Honduras and in the country illegally. He did not have a driver’s license and should not have been driving the bus transporting recovery workers to Baton Rouge.
Crash in La. kills 2, including fire chief, over 30 injured - NY Daily News

Irony is that Rodriguez was doing a job that any out of work American with a license would love to do. Another fine example of debunking the "they do the jobs we don't want" theory.

I agree with you on all but one of those points. A blanket amnesty is rewarding people for breaking the law. They have to get back in line and do it the right way, or be deported.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump isn't going to do anything he has said. He's an egotist who only wants to win. If he is elected we are doomed because he has no idea how to run a country. It's all about winning for him

Hmmmm? Hard decision?

A know perpetual liar....

v.

A big talker, that has backed up his mouth, at least once or twice.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:56 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
You criticize others, but you don't address the issue.

How to address the issue should be obvious to anyone with half a brain and without a pro-illegal agenda.

How do you eat an elephant? ......One bite at a time.

Deport who you can, when you can......but don't let them back in.

(You could start at the Flea Market down the road from me on any given weekend, you could easily fill several buses lol)

Make use of e-verify mandatory and impose stiff penalties on businesses who knowingly employ Illegals.

Impose a heavy tax on money transfers to other counties and fine certain businesses like banks, check cashing services etc. when they are caught catering to Illegals.

End birth right citizenship to children of Illegals.

Deport any Illegal who commits ANY crime IMMEDIATELY....and if they come back, it's a felony.

A multi-faceted approach would be more effective and more practical than a "round them all up" attitude.
Just because you can't do it all at once doesn't mean you shouldn't do it at all.....

Old 09-10-2016, 10:04 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Before 1986, the OP asks?

The Mexicans did. They just walked across the border and went to work. Mexican immigrants have always done roofing, masonry, landscaping.... whatever.

No they didn't!! They hid on Farms and Ranches, where they worked. They only went into town with their guardian(ranch owner or foreman) to get what they needed, for fear of getting caught and deported.

They were paid $20 a day. $140 a week, plus housing and food.

They didn't show up on jobsites here in Central Texas, until 1988. That is when we got pushed out of framing houses, or take a big cut in pay.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:43 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Get it straight.

I do not believe there is a practical way to identify people who are here illegally. During economic downturns many illegals do self deport. Then they come back. It's easy.

So here's the question:
Let's say I am an illegal. Things have gotten tough. Why am I going to self deport when you have built a wall that virtually guarantees that I can not come back?
Ans:
I'm not. I'm never going back to Mexico. I'm going to stay here forever and ever. You have walled me in, and by doing so have placed yourself in the impossible position of having to find me.

So again, adding 11 million illegals permanently to our society does negate and increase our 1 million legal immigrants quota for several years.

Many illegals have been identified and deported over the years. Many come back because there is no wall to stop them and the incentives to come back are still in place. If they can't survive here by removing all the incentives to survive here why would they want to come back? No one gets walled in. Anyone who wants to leave on their own can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies