Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2016, 10:46 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What a crock! And business owners who knowingly hires illegal aliens should lose their licenses, have a heavy fine imposed on them and serve some jail time. It is people like you that allow illegal immigration to continue. I ain't buying the lazy American BS and there is no right to come here for economic gain and take jobs from Americans. Americans have families to feed also.

Seizure of all business assets, including all stock, along with seizure of all personal assets, as they were acquired by illegal means.

I bet the word would get out like wild fire. Everyone would be doing their due diligence.
False information filed on an employee(red flags), would have the government right there at the employers, looking for this person using stolen Social Security numbers to work. No call. Not send a letter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 12:15 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
Whether or not you "buy it" doesn't make it any less true. I lived it and watched it change over the years. We didn't necessarily like it but we had our livelihoods to protect........and BTW, I didn't own the company, I merely ran the field operations but even if it had been my company, I probably would have done the same thing. In our area, it was the industry standard. If you wanted to stay alive, you had no other choice.

The picture isn't as simple as you paint it to be no matter how much you wish it wasn't so.

So Americans weren't ran off their construction jobs by illegal aliens and their greedy employers in the first place? You know better than that.

No business should be allowed to survive by breaking the law. It's really that simple.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:32 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
Whether or not you "buy it" doesn't make it any less true. I lived it and watched it change over the years. We didn't necessarily like it but we had our livelihoods to protect........and BTW, I didn't own the company, I merely ran the field operations but even if it had been my company, I probably would have done the same thing. In our area, it was the industry standard. If you wanted to stay alive, you had no other choice.

The picture isn't as simple as you paint it to be no matter how much you wish it wasn't so.

Maybe the illegals should've replace you and the company owner, since they're so wonderful. That's the logical conclusion. Actually that does and is happening. English speaking illegal alien general contractor or business owner and illegal crew putting American owned and ran businesses out. That's the logical conclusion of foreign workers and globalism.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:35 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
biggest talking point is that we need these people to do jobs others won't do.

biggest lie going, there's a lot more people than jobs, these jobs would have no problem being filled.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:11 PM

10,234 posts, read 6,319,495 times
I changed diapers of special needs children and MR/DD Adults. In public schools we were required to have a Degree. Jobs Americans won't do? Well, maybe UNCARING Americans won't do.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:21 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
The idea that illegals are “doing the jobs other people won’t do†is utter b.s.. Look at CA now where it’s overflowing with illegals, and there’s no way that they are just doing jobs others won’t do.

What this HUGE influx of illegals causes is the wages go down somewhat for the all kinds of jobs that other Americans actually would do. All of these jobs would get done without millions upon millions of illegals turning the country upside down. Like housekeeping. Normal Americans have done that for centuries, as well as legal immigrants, and the idea that this is beneath the dignity of legal citizens is ridiculous.

Farmers would adjust to the situation if there were not a flood of illegal labor available. By paying more. By adjusting to more profitable less labor intensive crops.

When unemployment rate is too high, you should even reduce the numbers of LEGAL immigrants, or at least, slow down the pace. Quota is important too. Let's have an honest discussion, shall we?

Old 09-08-2016, 01:21 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Amazing how the right wing "less government" crowd advocates more government when it is convenient to them.

Why not allow a true . A good conservative right wing Republican should be in favor of "laissez-faire" system at all times.
That is a more libertarian philosophy. A lot of conservatives have a nationalistic bent and would prefer to help their fellow citizens first if it would not bankrupt them. Libertarians are not patriotic.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:35 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That is a more libertarian philosophy. A lot of conservatives have a nationalistic bent and would prefer to help their fellow citizens first if it would not bankrupt them. Libertarians are not patriotic.

Not to mention "less government" and more enforcement of immigration law, a valid government function as it gets, is not mutually exclusive. Open borders does not result in less government.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:13 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Who did all these jobs before 1986 and the Green Card Act?

Were they not getting done?

People were different then. There were many more young American men who were in shape, mechanically inclined with a work ethic, fewer had college degrees, no real stigma to working blue collar jobs in most places. They got married and had families younger, and were willing to work hard to provide for them. Most people had a goal of home ownership and it was doable being a roofer or construction worker.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
People were different then. There were many more young American men who were in shape, mechanically inclined with a work ethic, fewer had college degrees, no real stigma to working blue collar jobs in most places. They got married and had families younger, and were willing to work hard to provide for them. Most people had a goal of home ownership and it was doable being a roofer or construction worker.

Where are the vocational classes in High School? Since the illegals invaded, those much needed skills for Americans, have been all but eliminated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies