Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2016, 03:31 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
LOL. No company in the world would take the risk to hire illegals, had the consumers want ever higher price!

Yes let's blame the evil corporations while the consumers are driving the prices.
Top Corporate Executives Descend On Washington To Lobby For Amnesty... - Tea Party News
Top Corporate Executives Descend On Washington To Lobby For Amnesty…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 03:37 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
There's a reason factory job openings are at 15+ year highs, it's because none of them pay for crap anymore... if you want people to assemble your products and aren't starting them at at least $13 per hour, you might as well just outsource the whole thing to china.. the manufacturing environment in many places these days is a joke... low pay with a push you to work to the bone, at least this is what I hear from my father's friends who were laid off from their job they had 30+ years when they finally shut the plant down and looking at getting new jobs in manufacturing. My father was making $26/hour and he'll never find that pay again so he may just retire.

Me I'm lucky to make $20+ per hour in manufacturing with no college under my belt. I'll stay where I'm at. Lots of sit down time too!

Old 09-05-2016, 03:38 PM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Don't blame illegals, blame the companies who hire them
I agree, but it's gotten so bad this is the new reality ---> our friends had a painting company that refused for a decade to hire illegals and only hired Americans. Last year they finally had to hire illegals or go out of business.
All construction related companies hire illegals including painting companies -- our friends were losing way too much business because their bids always came in too high without having illegals.
It was that or go out of business. Very sad...
THESE STORIES NEVER GET COVERED BY THE MEDIA!

Old 09-05-2016, 03:46 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Citizenship is one of just a few jobs government is actually authorized to determine.

When government fails to hear the people, we get people like Donald Trump, saying things more than 2/3 are saying, that government has failed to hear, for the best interest of their bank accounts.

Government failing to listen to the people, got us Donald Trump in the position he is in today.
Liberals want the government involved in everything but the actual responsibilities of the government. Pathetic to say enforcing Americas borders is big government.

Old 09-05-2016, 03:57 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
You are really bad at reasoning things out. Burglary laws are enforced.
Illegal aliens ARE burglars. Period.

Old 09-05-2016, 04:04 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I blame those in government. I would be doing the same if I was an employer, because I would basically have to in order to compete. I can't blame the illegals for wanting a better life either. Government must have strict laws and enforce them.
Facts- the corporations have lobbied not to have criminal charges implemented on
failed I-9 inspections and also they can negotiate the fines. They cannot be forced to use E-verify. Cannot get Social security to give up those double entries. Like one employee working in Florida, and same social shows working same day in Texas and - cannot get IRS to give up shyte! They know ... Many unclaimed taxes - nobody ever files for them and employers have deducted the money.
Many people just refuse to deal in facts. The main culprits are employers- the aliens just hungry. Now the criminal element like drugs n human trafficking. See consumer

Last edited by tinytrump; 09-05-2016 at 04:13 PM..

Old 09-05-2016, 04:24 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I agree, but it's gotten so bad this is the new reality ---> our friends had a painting company that refused for a decade to hire illegals and only hired Americans. Last year they finally had to hire illegals or go out of business.
All construction related companies hire illegals including painting companies -- our friends were losing way too much business because their bids always came in too high without having illegals.
It was that or go out of business. Very sad...
THESE STORIES NEVER GET COVERED BY THE MEDIA!

Then they should have gone out of business. Breaking the law is unacceptable.

Old 09-05-2016, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You should face the reality that more Americans are dependent on the welfare state than ever. My contempt is for it.

I think you just made that up.

Note: I think people coming here for freebies are parasites.

No, I didn't make that up. Illegal Immigration a $113 Billion a Year Drain on U.S. Taxpayers

Old 09-05-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
You are really bad at reasoning things out. Burglary laws are enforced.

I see it went right over your head.

The point is that some in here only want to blame our government and the greedy employers when the illegal aliens are just as guilty. They are their willing accomplices.

Old 09-05-2016, 04:33 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
They are if you need a roof.
You don't seriously think that the contractors that employ illegal roofers are passing the savings on to their customers instead of pocketing the difference?

If you buy that argument, I'd like to talk to you about a bridge I can sell you....CHEAP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies