Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2016, 05:59 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,046,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
You see, here is an example of someone who probably blindly follows the media. This is what people mean by sheeple. Cannot except the simple fact that there is a very very very small minority in the USA that is responsible for a disproportional amount of violence.

"He is Hispanic, CNN told me that, like CNN said San Bernidino was white shooters." Even though the photo shows it is clearly possible to be Middle Eastern, even though details were very slow to come by, usually meaning it was probably delayed for a reason. Even though everyone should know by know many Muslims end up in rural areas of America now.

This still may not be an aloha snackbar attack, but my point is, think for yourself people. Think about the pattern we are seeing. Muslims make up about 1%, yes 1% if the USA population, they sure have made lys if trouble lately. Obama and Hillary want to make this population a larger percentage.
White people are not the problem, they make up over half the population. So bringing up the few examples of white terrorists is irrelevent. FYI I ain't even white, I just realize that immigrants like me come to the USA because most white Americans are really really good people. I didn't go to the Middle East, they would laugh at me if I asked for help immigrating. I didn't go to communist China. I went to the USA and assimilated like you freaking suppose to! What kind of nut job immigrates to a country, then talks trash about it, then votes for the party trying to fundamentally change the country!!

LOL sorry for quoting myself, haven't had coffee yet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 06:02 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,600,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
FYI, no one looks Spanish. Spanish is a language and Spain is a European country who's inhabitants look no different than those of other European countries. Spaniar of Spain are not overall a mixture of races, they are white and indistinguishable in appearance from other Europeans.
Thats my point. Spanish speakers include people of many nations.I mentioned various Latin countries. That is why I mentioned various Arab speaking countries. Now, I was responding to others who made comments about what people like Hispanics look like and I said its not good to generalize. To much overlap for people from various parts of the world. From Central Asia, the Mediterranean, South America, North Africa, and Arabia. Spaniards particularly the South was ruled by the Moors for hundreds of years. The Moors were a combination of Berbers, Arab, and Sub Saharan peoples, no doubt contributed to many Spaniards appearing middle eastern btw.

Old 09-25-2016, 06:34 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,987,069 times
I took one look at that still from the surveillance camera and knew the shooter was of some sort of Middle Eastern background -- not Hispanic. Nothing like blatant lies (er, "disinformation") from our news sources.

That's scarier than the shooter, if you ask me!

Still, it's just be yet another one of those pesky "lone wolves"! Watch and see...

Old 09-25-2016, 06:40 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I took one look at that still from the surveillance camera and knew the shooter was of some sort of Middle Eastern background -- not Hispanic. Nothing like blatant lies (er, "disinformation") from our news sources.

That's scarier than the shooter, if you ask me!

Still, it's just be yet another one of those pesky "lone wolves"! Watch and see...
There's nothing to see here. It's just another mass shooting, stabbing or bombing by a Muslim, this time of Turkish ancestry. Just move along people. This has become the norm.

Old 09-25-2016, 06:55 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
And that matters how? Our last shooter, Allen Ivanov in July, was Russian. Does that matter?

Allen Ivanov: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

What is interesting is he took his father's gun. The question is should the father be held liable as well. If gun owners can't keep their guns locked up, perhaps they should be held equally liable for the results.
I'll tell you how it matters - it matters because FACTS matter. And the fact is - he's not Hispanic. He's an immigrant from a largely Muslim country, and for some reason NO ONE is particularly surprised.

As for the gun, all I can tell you is this: I have a brother who is mentally ill, and he is not allowed to own or carry a gun. I have a gun. When my brother is around to my knowledge, I lock the gun up. But when he's not around, I sleep with the gun near me. I have a license to carry, so I might have said gun in my purse at any time as well. If my brother happened to drop by, and steal that gun while he was there unexpectedly, I do not think I should be liable. If he dug into my purse against my will and stole my gun, I don't think I should be held liable.

But if I gave him the gun, or allowed him open access to that gun, with my knowledge and consent, then I do think I should be held liable. And if he lived with me and it was reasonably easy for him to get the gun (say he knew the combination to the safe because I hadn't safeguarded that combo, or say I just left the gun laying around in plain sight) then I also think I would be and should be held liable for my carelessness.

When I say liable, I don't mean liable for murder. I mean liable for allowing him access I reasonably knew about to that gun.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 09-25-2016 at 07:09 AM..

Old 09-25-2016, 06:59 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
In Texas and California I guess your hispanics are mostly Mexican and central American. In NYC its mostly Puerto Rican, Dominican, Cuban, Colombian with Ecuadorian and Mexican as well, but all others and Spaniards as well. Many Hispanics doblook Arab and many Arabs look Hispanic. Caribean Hispanics are a weaving ofDominicans and Spanish ( its not narrowed to that its broader but for the sake of argument ) Every day you see hispanics mistakenly talking to an arab and the other way around. Syrians, Lebonese, Yemenites are easily confused with Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, and Cubans. An other group of people who look Spanish or Arab are people of Russia and people from Central Asian former soviet countries like Azerbaijan, and Armenia. Just saying. A glance at person is not enough.
You're right - a glance is not enough, which is why no one should have been running around saying they were looking for a "Hispanic" male.

And regardless of the truth of your statement, many of us took one glance at that photo and said, "Betcha he's not Hispanic. Betcha he's middle eastern."

Turkey is close enough.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:16 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,486,476 times
The problem is the national media will never apologize for misidentifying the shooter as Hispanic when he was Middle Eastern. They are all in for Hillary and know if terrorism is the main issue she can't win because of her pledge to bring in 400k more Muslim refugees (aka future Democrat voters for declining Blue state populations). What's really funny is how Hispanics who the media don't like suddenly become "White Hispanics", including George Zimmerman who is of Afro Peruvian and White ancestry.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:23 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
The problem is the national media will never apologize for misidentifying the shooter as Hispanic when he was Middle Eastern. They are all in for Hillary and know if terrorism is the main issue she can't win because of her pledge to bring in 400k more Muslim refugees (aka future Democrat voters for declining Blue state populations). What's really funny is how Hispanics who the media don't like suddenly become "White Hispanics", including George Zimmerman who is of Afro Peruvian and White ancestry.
It was local LE who said shooter was likely age 20-25 and may be of Hispanic descent.

Media posted his picture and and LE description.

Sounds like he was identified by his car left parked in the Mall lot. Nothing to appolgise for, here.

Media is reporting his ex girl friend once worked at Macy's. Unknown if there is a connection.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:25 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,162 times
And he's taken alive, as law enforcement usually do to non-black criminals.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Undergoing court- ordered mental health treatment

No mention if he had been diagnosed with anything specific.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies