Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2017, 03:45 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I didn't say we are all the same, my point was IQ may correlate with developed societies but is certainly not the cause of developed society. Also IQ calculations are B.S, have you looked up how they got the IQ for most of Africa? How Richard Lynn got his average African IQ of 70?
Oh, I fully agree! It would be semi-impossible to get a western IQ for a large sample population of Africa.

Perhaps you could do with portions of it - Eqypt, Libya and even multi-generational developed other areas.

But trying to get an IQ out of a tribe "living the life" is certainly a reach.

As far as wealth, there is something to it - probably many factors. High IQ countries stole goods and enslaved populations of lower IQ countries and individuals and therefore increased their IQ's even more...while maybe even lowering those of the conquered.

Also, a lot of these tests are "online only" results. It would be better to study the Bell Curve than to just dig around for links.

The strangest thing about a lot of this back and forth is that it's the stupid or middle of the road trying to prove things. Those with the higher IQ's are actually doing stuff.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:48 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
In a general sense, Asians and Jews score higher than other populations, putting the white population squarely in the middle.

Russia, for example, is far down the list (USA also). So is Greece. Meanwhile, Greece invented modern civilization and Russia and the USA have build tens of thousands of nukes and explored space, etc.

This comes back to that you don't need EVERYONE to be smart, you just need a country that understands that even a small amount of smart people can advance a society or accomplish the impossible quickly.

It stands to reason that most innovation will eventually come out of Asia due to both internal intelligence BUT, more importantly the programs to assure that this flower is watered.

Here we might have thousands of geniuses working menial jobs and shooting up opiates nightly...because the public school in WV was unable to either recognize or so anything with the budding geniuses.

Russians seem to be some of the best liars (KGB, False News, etc.) in the world. It must be that when your IQ fails you, a population gets good at faking. I watch a lot of Russian Made movies and TV shows and they seem to revel in their ability to figure out lies, treason, etc.

That's indeed correct. Most people in ancient Greece were illiterate, just like in Rome, they didn't contribute anything to Greek civilization.
I think one of the reasons why Europe rose is that they had kingdoms that employed thinkers, artists, and scientists. The elite back then.

The Russians also have a long tradition of science, the entire region of the former Soviet Union actually. Small countries like Bulgaria, Hungary, and Romania are excellent at maths, also proven by their track record at those math Olympics.

Modern Jews are mostly a mix of European (mostly German) and Middle Eastern people (similar to Lebanese and Palestinians).

Old 11-26-2017, 03:56 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Another reason why I think being African or not has nothing to do with intelligence is that the "oldest" people in Africa are the Khoisan, who are considered pretty intelligent, though. They should not have any Neanderthal or other admixture according to migration models.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:59 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,079,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Yep, that's interesting..."For reasons not given, Lynn (2006) and Lynn and Vanhanen (2006) only used data from the two lowest scoring samples from Nigeria. Most of the remaining samples show higher scores, but those samples were not included in the estimation of the national IQ of Nigeria and Sierra Leone. Likewise, Lynn (and Vanhanen) did not consider several relatively high-scoring African samples from South Africa (Crawford Nutt, 1976; Pons, 1974)"
Racial Reality: Devastating Criticism of Richard Lynn
Not only that but he estimated the IQ of 80 nations by using the IQ of the nations they got that bordered them and he ended up estimating the IQ of Africa to be 67. Currently the IQ of Africa from other studies have gotten 82. He also shafted several European countries by using other IQ studies from the 1950's as if nothing has changed since then.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:59 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,920 times
Quote:
But whites and blacks aren't anywhere near the most divergent groups. Khoisan and Australoid seem to be the most divergent group from the mean, with Australoid apparently being the most divergent from Africans. Even then I doubt you could find a human that shared only 99.8% of his genes with another human.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-tha...Israel-Ramirez
Yes, you are right. Whites and Blacks aren't the most divergent groups. Australian aborigines are more divergent from Africans because not only do they have Neanderthal admixture, they also have admixture from Denisovans and another "ghost" species. They have the most archaic introgression of any human population. 6 to 9 percent of their genome comes from archaic species. Sub-saharan Africans and Australian aborigines are not 99.9 percent the same.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:03 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Not only that but he estimated the IQ of 80 nations by using the IQ of the nations they got that bordered them and he ended up estimating the IQ of Africa to be 67. Currently the IQ of Africa from other studies have gotten 82. He also shafted several European countries by using other IQ studies from the 1950's as if nothing has changed since then.
Exactly but we still have people quoting him like it's the word of God

Old 11-26-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't know of any international IQ testing, where the same test is used in all countries.
In PISA rankings Finland does clearly better than Sweden and Norway, which kind of shows that it has more to do with cultural differences than with genetics as the Scandinavians are very close genetically.
Finns are actually very distinct genetically. They are a genetic outlier within Europe. The only closely related group to Finns is the Estonians. Finns came from central Asia thousands of years ago and speak a central Asian language. On average, a Finnish person has about 13 percent central Asian ancestry.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Here is one very well sourced article that debunks just about every claim you have made in this thread.

How Science and Genetics are Reshaping the Race Debate of the 21st Century - Science in the News
That was a politically charged and poorly written opinion piece that didn't debunk anything that I wrote. It was full of stupid arguments and some incorrect science as well.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:19 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
That was a politically charged and poorly written opinion piece that didn't debunk anything that I wrote. It was full of stupid arguments and some incorrect science as well.
says the guy who quotes Robert Lynn

Old 11-26-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
says the guy who quotes Robert Lynn
If you were actually able to argue a point you would do it. All you seem to be able to do is post links claiming to debunk things that I wrote, yet when I follow your link it doesn't do anything of the sort.

It's not really clear to me that you understand much of anything that has been talked about in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies