Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2017, 06:53 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,960,223 times

Advertisements

There is a 25 page thread in the political forum arguing that blacks are a distinct sub species of humans, and you wonder why people have certain opinions about this forum.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:12 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
There is a 25 page thread in the political forum arguing that blacks are a distinct sub species of humans, and you wonder why people have certain opinions about this forum.
Exactly LOL.

There are a ton of racist, insufferable conservatives on here who do their best to mask their true feelings. But anyone with half a brain can see right through them. They used to annoy me, but now I'm embarrassed for them, mostly. Willful ignorance is a bad look on anybody.

Most Trump supporters on here are not pleasant people, they're nasty and rude just like Donald. I am thankful for City-Data and the nasty Trump supporters on here, they remind me every day that the world isn't all puppies and rainbows....that hateful people do exist.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:43 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
I find many Trump supporters voted for him because they found Clinton and her supporters to be white trash ..... lacking character and honesty.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:49 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Likely, that all is a combative cycle of spin, meant to try and diminish the fact that in the nature of genes,

Quote:
the African gene is stronger in studies conducted:

White Americans are both genetically weaker and less diverse than their black compatriots, a Cornell University-led study finds.
The doubly diluted genetic diversity has allowed "bad" mutations to build up in the European population, something that the more genetically varied African population has had more success in weeding out.
Quote:
All people are genetically BLACK. Color comes up through black. Black to black can produce any color. Black is a DOMINANT gene.
You can't get black from white, but you can get white from black .

How do we know what their skin tone was 5,000 years ago? The science of Genetics shows that Blacks can produce all races but it is impossible for a brown, yellow or white (or ruddy Red) race to produce a black race.
Quote:

HOW SLAVERY CHANGED THE DNA OF AFRICAN AMERICANS

Our genetic make-up is the result of history. Historical events that influenced the patterns of migration and mating among our ancestors are reflected in our DNA — our genetic relationships with each other and in our genetic risks for disease. This means that, to understand how genes affect our biology, geneticists often find it important to tease out how historical drivers of demographic change shaped present-day genetics.

Understanding the connection between history and DNA is especially important for African Americans, because slavery and discrimination caused profound and relatively rapid demographic change.
Moderator cut: copyright violation
Socioeconomic status and its impacts

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-27-2017 at 08:35 AM..

Old 11-27-2017, 08:16 AM

2,656 posts, read 1,374,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
It's hard to grow crops in the jungle. Europe had a favorable climate and selection of animals for domestication.
I watched "Guns, Germs, and Steel" by Jarrett Diamond. He cites the factors that you mentioned and also postulates that another factor at play is that the areas along the rivers in Africa are often malarial, preventing the development of cities in those areas prior to the introduction of modern medicine. Those regions had dispersed settlement patterns hindering tge spread if disease and they generally did not live right on the rivers in large numbers prior to colonization. Civilization develops near water both for purposes of trade and transport and as sources of drinking water for large concentrated populations. Europe, China, etc did not face this issue to anywhere near the degree that much of Africa did, allowing for the development of large urban centers and all of the innovation and prosperity that reslults from that . Even today the disease rates for many large African cities is very high and is a major impediment to economic growth.

Last edited by robertbrianbush; 11-27-2017 at 08:35 AM..

Old 11-27-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Since when has what I want been a consideration?

What I want is to get to the bottom of a job application and not see, "We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer", as though excluding white males somehow makes opportunities equal.

If you want equal opportunity, don't commit a felony that you'll have to list on every job application you complete for the next ten years.

Don't have a two and a half year void in your work history or list braiding hair as past employment.

Don't have three kids before you have an associates degree.

Don't leave the relevant skills, licenses/certifications and post secondary education portions of the job application open.

When they ask, "What can you do?" have something to say besides, "Like what?"

The only thing I am entitled to as a white male is being placed at a disadvantage in hiring and promotion based solely on my race and sex, and this with the government's blessing.

I can't sue because I was discriminated against because, as a white male, it is 100% legal to discriminate against me because I am white and because I am male.

Live in my world for a while, then preach to me about entitlement.
You sesm to have no understanding if the nature and impact of racism such has been faced by minorities in this country. Frankly I don't buy that you don't know more about the topic than you claim to.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I find many Trump supporters voted for him because they found Clinton and her supporters to be white trash ..... lacking character and honesty.
We lack character and honesty and are white trash because we support universal health care like that enjoyed by every other first world nation, fair and inclusive treatment for all, we support net neutrality, our top priority isn't handing out huge tax cuts to the rich on the backs of virtually everyone else and at the expense of ballooning the deficit, we care about the environment, etc? Who knew?!!!

Old 11-27-2017, 08:44 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
I watched "Guns, Germs, and Steel" by Jarrett Diamond. He cites the factors that you mentioned and also postulates that another factor at play is that the areas along the rivers in Africa are often malarial, preventing the development of cities in those areas prior to the introduction of modern medicine. Those regions had dispersed settlement patterns hindering tge spread if disease and they generally did not live right on the rivers in large numbers prior to colonization. Civilization develops near water both for purposes of trade and transport and as sources of drinking water for large concentrated populations. Europe, China, etc did not face this issue to anywhere near the degree that much of Africa did, allowing for the development of large urban centers and all of the innovation and prosperity that reslults from that . Even today the disease rates for many large African cities is very high and is a major impediment to economic growth.
60% of the world’s gold came from the Mali Empire circa 13-16th centuries.

The Mali Empire was so rich they even devalued the currency of Egypt during the time because they had so much gold. Over 700,000 books were published in Timbuktu, so its silly to assume West Africans didn’t value information.

The Oyo Empire was called, “A Black Byzantium” there is even a book by the name. Saying Africa didn’t have cities is so shallow. I’m sure these posters will believe anything about Africa given their opinions of black people.

I’ve read Guns, Germs, and Steel and this is not what he said in the book.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:47 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The typical African-American is only 74% on average of African descent, in some southern states 12% of whites have African DNA that registers -- we are all closer than we realize.
And in addition to this, Africans have the most genetic diversity of any other continent.

But racists, and racist eugenicists don’t like hearing this.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:51 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Since when has what I want been a consideration?
What I want is to get to the bottom of a job application and not see, "We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer", as though excluding white males somehow makes opportunities equal.
If you want equal opportunity, don't commit a felony that you'll have to list on every job application you complete for the next ten years.
Don't have a two and a half year void in your work history or list braiding hair as past employment.
Don't have three kids before you have an associates degree.
Don't leave the relevant skills, licenses/certifications and post secondary education portions of the job application open.
When they ask, "What can you do?" have something to say besides, "Like what?"
The only thing I am entitled to as a white male is being placed at a disadvantage in hiring and promotion based solely on my race and sex, and this with the government's blessing.
I can't sue because I was discriminated against because, as a white male, it is 100% legal to discriminate against me because I am white and because I am male.
Live in my world for a while, then preach to me about entitlement.
I'm a white female I have lost out to white males on jobs and promotions for most of my life and before it became illegal I was denied the right to even apply for some jobs because the employer specified 'males only' And I've actually been asked how many children I had and if I planned on having any more during a job interview, when's the last time that happened to you?

This will be my last comment on this because I think we are veering off topic, but it's interesting so maybe you could start a new thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies