Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2017, 02:05 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
lol, are you serious? That crap is from Richard Lynn, do you even know who he is?

"For 50 years, Richard Lynn has been at the forefront of scientific racism. An unapologetic eugenicist, Lynn uses his authority as professor (emeritus) of psychology at the University of Ulster to argue for the genetic inferiority of non-white people. Lynn believes that IQ tests can be used to determine the worth of groups of people, especially racial groups and nations. The wealth and power of nations, according to Lynn, is due to their racial intelligence and “homogeneity” (or “purity”). He argues that the nations with the highest IQs must subjugate or eliminate the lower-IQ groups within their borders in order to preserve their dominance."

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...l/richard-lynn

But wait..it gets better,
"The Pseudoscience of Race Differences in Penis Size - Richard Lynn embarks on a study of penis size as it relates to race and IQ
According to this theory, African men have the smallest brains and the largest penises, whereas Asian men are the opposite. This has been described as a ‘Goldilocks’ theory of race, in which European men are ‘just right’ having a combination of high intelligence and a reasonable genital endowment.
"
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-in-penis-size

I don't know how to break it to you but that is tin foil hat science
So instead of forming a counter-argument, you attack Richard Lynn, who I never brought up. Richard Lynn isn't the only person who studies IQ.

The fact is: northeast Asians perform higher on IQ tests than White Europeans do. Your argument that IQ tests measure intelligence by Western standards is false.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:05 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
The mean IQ of Finland is actually a point lower than that of the US.
It's almost as if IQ isn't as relevant to success as you think it is.
or that Richard Lynn, the whack job who made that claim is dead wrong Racial Reality: Devastating Criticism of Richard Lynn

Old 11-26-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
The mean IQ of Finland is actually a point lower than that of the US.

It's almost as if IQ isn't as relevant to success as you think it is.
You have it backward. Finland is a point higher than the United States.

As to your suggestion that IQ isn't relevant to success, are there neurosurgeons or engineers with IQs of 85? If IQ was meaningless then there shouldn't be a positive correlation between life success and IQ score, but there is. If IQ scores had no value, then we should expect to find numerous examples of people who score badly on IQ tests while at the same time excelling at tasks that take a high degree of cognitive ability. We don't.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:22 PM

6,475 posts, read 4,076,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Your understanding of math is terrible. You can't just keep hitting the 9 key over and over again and pretend you made a valid point.

Yes, even sub-Saharan Africans have genes in common with Neanderthals but these common genes come from the time before Neanderthals and homo sapiens split. Non-Africans have genes that originated in Neanderthals. In other words, these genetic mutations came from Neanderthals after the time that homo sapiens and Neanderthals diverged from one another. The number of 1 to 4 percentage points of Neanderthal ancestry for non-Africans isn't simply a comparison of genes in common.
I hit the 9 key to make a point, not because I did the math. But the point still stands even with my math wrong. Whites share 99.9% of DNA or higher with Blacks. What's a Genome?

Old 11-26-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
You have it backward. Finland is a point higher than the United States.

As to your suggestion that IQ isn't relevant to success, are there neurosurgeons or engineers with IQs of 85? If IQ was meaningless then there shouldn't be a positive correlation between life success and IQ score, but there is. If IQ scores had no value, then we should expect to find numerous examples of people who score badly on IQ tests while at the same time excelling at tasks that take a high degree of cognitive ability. We don't.
About IQ I don't trust most third world country numbers, even Europeans number vary. If you look at the collection of Data, how do you think they got the North Korean IQ? How do you think they got the IQ for most African Countries? The data by Richard Lynn is complete B.S for almost every country but the U.S and a few larger ones.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:29 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
So instead of forming a counter-argument, you attack Richard Lynn, who I never brought up. Richard Lynn isn't the only person who studies IQ. The fact is: northeast Asians perform higher on IQ tests than White Europeans do. Your argument that IQ tests measure intelligence by Western standards is false.
Of course you brought up Richard Lynn, that's where those numbers came from. I challenge you to find another researcher who by some miracle came up with exactly the same numbers.

Not only do I reject the idea that Asians are smarter, I think using a single number such as an IQ score to measure intelligence is useless and just serves to give some people bragging rights.

https://thecross-roads.org/race-cult...tual-supremacy

Old 11-26-2017, 02:34 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Finland has a laid-back educational culture that is low pressure on students, yet Finland scores at the top of Europe on international assessment tests. This has more to do with the Finnish people than it does with the educational culture.

East Asians score higher on IQ tests because they are more intelligent though they are mainly better on the visual-spatial subset of the IQ test. This is something that is often left out of the discussion of IQ tests. Different groups perform better on certain subsets of the tests. Blacks perform better on verbal reasoning than do East Asians or Whites when matched for overall IQ score.
I don't know of any international IQ testing, where the same test is used in all countries.
In PISA rankings Finland does clearly better than Sweden and Norway, which kind of shows that it has more to do with cultural differences than with genetics as the Scandinavians are very close genetically.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:45 PM

The only thing someone needs to do to dispel IQ myth is visit Mongolia, once then visit rural China were hundred millions are living on less than a dollar a day then visit a Mathcounts competition were the "IQ of eighty" Indians are competing with the East Asians and obliterating everyone else. Or visit Sierre Leone and Ireland which apparently have the same IQ. Or you can visit the NE Asians of Russia who are supposed to have the highest IQ because all the "dumb" ones died in extreme conditions. You could also visit Qatar and the D.R.C both countries with immense resources and see how people with the same IQ managed each of their countries.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I hit the 9 key to make a point, not because I did the math. But the point still stands even with my math wrong. Whites share 99.9% of DNA or higher with Blacks. What's a Genome?
The number of 99.9 percent is based on an average between all human populations. Between more divergent groups, the similarity is not as high. More closely related groups will share more genes in common than groups who have diverged from one another long ago. This is basic biology and would be true even if there weren't admixture from archaic species. But there is admixture so the differences are even higher than we would find just from genetic drift and selection alone.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:13 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
So the 100's of millions in S. and Central America and even Mexico who trace their ancestry back to Africa 400 years ago - are they just written off in the study?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies