Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2017, 04:41 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Finns are actually very distinct genetically. They are a genetic outlier within Europe. The only closely related group to Finns is the Estonians. Finns came from central Asia thousands of years ago and speak a central Asian language. On average, a Finnish person has about 13 percent central Asian ancestry.
From what I have read the Finnish (on the average) are 17% Southwest Asian, that includes Countries like Lebanon, Syria, Turkey, Jordan, Iraq etc. and 7% Northeast Asian, (Northeast Asia generally refers to roughly the area spanning Japan, the Korean Peninsula, Northeast China, and the Russian Far East between Lake Baikal in Central Siberia and the Pacific Ocean)

Old 11-26-2017, 04:43 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
If you were actually able to argue a point you would do it. All you seem to be able to do is post links claiming to debunk things that I wrote, yet when I follow your link it doesn't do anything of the sort. It's not really clear to me that you understand much of anything that has been talked about in this thread.
That's an odd statement given that this is how you responded to the source I provided.

Quote:
That was a politically charged and poorly written opinion piece that didn't debunk anything that I wrote. It was full of stupid arguments and some incorrect science as well.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:48 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
About IQ I don't trust most third world country numbers, even Europeans number vary. If you look at the collection of Data, how do you think they got the North Korean IQ? How do you think they got the IQ for most African Countries? The data by Richard Lynn is complete B.S for almost every country but the U.S and a few larger ones.
Most poor countries have depressed IQs due to both malnutrition and disease. South Korea had an average IQ of 90 shortly after the Korean War but it shot up in the decades afterward. It was actually one of the fastest rises of any country. The rise in IQ also matched almost perfectly with the rise in height which showed the effects of poor nutrition on IQ. An almost identical occurrence happened in Japan a few decades earlier. Average IQs of a country can and do rise but it isn't indefinite.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
From what I have read the Finnish (on the average) are 17% Southwest Asian, that includes Countries like Lebanon, Syria, Turkey, Jordan, Iraq etc. and 7% Northeast Asian, (Northeast Asia generally refers to roughly the area spanning Japan, the Korean Peninsula, Northeast China, and the Russian Far East between Lake Baikal in Central Siberia and the Pacific Ocean)
The Finns speak a Uralic language which comes from central Asia. I have never read anything showing the Finns to have Middle Eastern ancestry. The Finns are actually genetically unique because they are the result of a founder effect and genetic bottleneck. They are distinct from all other Europeans.

Finns Found to be Genetically Unique, Genes Vary Significantly From Europeans : Trending News : Nature World News

Old 11-26-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's an odd statement given that this is how you responded to the source I provided.
I don't plan on dissecting the whole article you posted. I already wasted my time reading it. If you felt that there was a specific point that the article made that warranted discussion then you could have made a point about that (in your own words) and then that could've been discussed. The article was politically charged. That should have been obvious if you had read the article.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:15 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,904,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
With the results from 3 major studies now in, there doesn't seem to be much doubt left about this. All non-Africans can trace the vast majority of their ancestry (96% or more) to a single small group of Homo sapiens who left Africa between 50,000 and 80,000 years ago. And members of this group also received a small amount of DNA from Neanderthals and/or Denisovans. Africans are not closely related to the out-of-Africa group and did not receive DNA from the other human groups.

Read all about it in the NYT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/22/sc...tory.html?_r=0

And watch a lecture from one of the main scientists involved, Carl Zimmer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxYb0QtN1WI

Here is a simple chart that explains it all:

https://twitter.com/carlzimmer/statu...638976/photo/1

Out of Africa - The Unz Review
This is nothing more than one piece of the puzzle. You placed too much weight on this. Basically most humans on the planet likely share at least a few ancestors in the last 3,000-4,000 years. Europeans regardless of country of origin pretty much all share a load ancestors within the last 1,000 years we're all related.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
This is nothing more than one piece of the puzzle. You placed too much weight on this. Basically most humans on the planet likely share at least a few ancestors in the last 3,000-4,000 years. Europeans regardless of country of origin pretty much all share a load ancestors within the last 1,000 years we're all related.
Yes, we are all related but we are related to other groups by different degrees. Saying that we are related, in itself, is a meaningless statement. How related are we? We're also related to Chimpanzees, Bonobos and Gorillas, also by different degrees. The differences are important.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:24 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,970,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
He’s a white supremacist grasping at pseudoscience to justify his beliefs.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
He’s a white supremacist grasping at pseudoscience to justify his beliefs.
Sure. Genetics are pseudoscience now. I knew that it would come to that eventually.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:38 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Ironic that time doesn’t help with advancing further in technology for earliest civilizations... I wonder what lead to the stagnation of those societies... food? Clean water?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies