Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2019, 11:48 AM

20,846 posts, read 17,186,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
If MOST worked with their own health alternatively and holistically, the medical world would be hungry for business....but the population does not and so medical and drugs thrive and people do not....bandaids.
Sorry that you had a rough time. you are not alone. bear in mind that many people have problems now which are solved due to the advances in medicine. Glad you got better.

Old 10-17-2019, 11:50 AM

20,954 posts, read 5,568,758 times
Quote:
If MOST worked with their own health alternatively and holistically, the medical world would be hungry for business....but the population does not and so medical and drugs thrive and people do not....bandaids.

Modern medicine in America is more like a religion, with untold millions who BELIEVE in the God-like power and benevolence of the man in the white coat. That's hard conditioning to overcome.

Old 10-17-2019, 11:54 AM

20,846 posts, read 17,186,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Modern medicine in America is more like a religion, with untold millions who BELIEVE in the God-like power of the man in the white coat. That's hard conditioning to overcome.
You my new friend have a very big chip on your shoulder. Countless people have been wronged and it's very very difficult to get past that but your post is cynical to the point of hurting others who are seeking help imo.

You should see the faces of people whose lives are made better by the caring compassion and training of the medical teams who are devoted to their welfare.

Old 10-17-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
You my new friend have a very big chip on your shoulder. Countless people have been wronged and it's very very difficult to get past that but your post is cynical to the point of hurting others who are seeking help imo.

You should see the faces of people whose lives are made better by the caring compassion and training of the medical teams who are devoted to their welfare.

Cynical? You bet, and very happy to be so. Cynical is NOT an insult in my vocabulary, so nice try.

Show me the faces of those who have been miraculously saved. They are absent among my loved ones.

Old 10-17-2019, 12:06 PM

18,943 posts, read 8,571,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Cynical? You bet, and very happy to be so. Cynical is NOT an insult in my vocabulary, so nice try.

Show me the faces of those who have been miraculously saved. They are absent among my loved ones.
My wife several times now, me just the once. And I as a doc might remember just a few of my patients over the years.

We have several naturopaths in our town and we use them. They are useful for many patients and first mostly do no harm. But they don't do hospital, emergency or surgical work as their tools are not strong enough for the seriously acute medical/surgical setting.

But then there's my wife, in honest eyes would have to be the admitted holistic, anti-oxidant, natural treatment failure.

Old 10-17-2019, 12:11 PM

37,293 posts, read 41,539,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
HE was a phenomenal physician. For women in the US who receive annual Pap smears the risk of dying from cervical cancer is less than zero. It WILL be caught during a Pap smear. That's why the vaccine is garbage. The risk/benefit for receiving it doesn't wash. For women in 3rd world counties who do NOT have access to annual Pap smears, it would be helpful.

Since he sees women every. day, all day and has access to what is trending, no, he doesn't think women are idiots. He thought the idiots were those pushing the vaccine as some sort of god-like substance. That was his opinion. Which makes a lot of sense, once you remove all the emotional manipulation that surrounds the trigger word: C A N C E R

There is no evidence that the HPV vaccine would have helped your friend. Vaccines, again, are NOT 100% effective. And virus strains? Mutate and change. To act as though the vaccine would've saved her from her horrible experience is not logical. There is no way to support or substantiate that.
The current HPV vaccine protects against the nine strains of HPV causing 90% of HPV associated cancers, so the odds are that Mikala's friend would have been protected. There is also some effect in reducing infections with related strains not included in the vaccine.

Pap smears are not infallible, so you cannot claim that "It WILL be caught during a Pap smear".

How did your GYN explain that cervical Pap smears detect head and neck cancers - in women and men? That would be quite amazing.

Old 10-17-2019, 12:37 PM

29,259 posts, read 16,880,843 times
I find more and more working with homeopathic medicine which MOST of the world does except the U.S. This medicine was thrown under the bus with the pharma explosion probably in the 80's...when it started or sooner. One can do a search on any health issue just about and homeopathy and remedies will come up. They take time but they work and NO HARM.

I just directed a person to a suggestion about Viruses and Homeopathy...she said she's tried everything but I'm sure NOT homeopathy.

Like Cures Like

Old 10-17-2019, 12:39 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,124,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
HE was a phenomenal physician. For women in the US who receive annual Pap smears the risk of dying from cervical cancer is less than zero. It WILL be caught during a Pap smear. That's why the vaccine is garbage. The risk/benefit for receiving it doesn't wash. For women in 3rd world counties who do NOT have access to annual Pap smears, it would be helpful.

Since he sees women every. day, all day and has access to what is trending, no, he doesn't think women are idiots. He thought the idiots were those pushing the vaccine as some sort of god-like substance. That was his opinion. Which makes a lot of sense, once you remove all the emotional manipulation that surrounds the trigger word: C A N C E R

There is no evidence that the HPV vaccine would have helped your friend. Vaccines, again, are NOT 100% effective. And virus strains? Mutate and change. To act as though the vaccine would've saved her from her horrible experience is not logical. There is no way to support or substantiate that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The current HPV vaccine protects against the nine strains of HPV causing 90% of HPV associated cancers, so the odds are that Mikala's friend would have been protected. There is also some effect in reducing infections with related strains not included in the vaccine.

Pap smears are not infallible, so you cannot claim that "It WILL be caught during a Pap smear".

How did your GYN explain that cervical Pap smears detect head and neck cancers - in women and men? That would be quite amazing.
HPV vaccine (this is for ntv) is as close to 100% effective as something made by humans can be.
How effective is the HPV vaccine?

Isn't that the truth?
"Conclusions: One-third of women presenting with LACC had appropriate Pap screening prior to diagnosis." [locally advanced cervical cancer (LACC)]
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6433450/

Just lost a good friend (male) to head and neck cancer.

Old 10-17-2019, 12:41 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,124,866 times
Quote:
I find more and more working with homeopathic medicine which MOST of the world does except the U.S. This medicine was thrown under the bus with the pharma explosion probably in the 80's...when it started or sooner. One can do a search on any health issue just about and homeopathy and remedies will come up. They take time but they work and NO HARM.

I just directed a person to a suggestion about Viruses and Homeopathy...she said she's tried everything but I'm sure NOT homeopathy.

Like Cures Like
In that case, you should support vaccines! Give yourself a little dose of germ to get big-time protection!

Old 10-17-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:

Like Cures Like

Homeopathic medicine was indeed thrown under the bus early in the 20th century.

https://www.cancertutor.com/flexner-report/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies