Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 04:58 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0polis View Post
teacher is an idiot. shouldnt have tried removing the headphones. call the cops or get school security to take care of it.

touch me, i hit you. simple as that.
It was the principal, not a teacher. So you think the knee jerk reaction to a student refusing to take off earphones should be calling the police, which means they might end up being arrested?

Old 10-26-2016, 05:00 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I do agree it wasn't worth it. But just out of curiosity, what do you think the principal should have done instead?
Call the security guard/school police. That is what they are hired for. Any other staff member should refrain from any physical contact with students. This is the policy in the majority of public schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 05:04 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Call the security guard/school police. That is what they are hired for.
And they shouldn't have to be hired, that they are now almost standard in every high school is really sad. Frankly, I think anytime a student behaves in a manner that requires a security guard/police to be called it should result in an automatic 3-day in-school or out-of-school suspension. Students should not think they have the option of not doing as they are told by their teachers or administrators.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:17 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Quote:
This attitude is why we have out of control behavior in schools. In no way would there be justification for punching someone over this, regardless. The reaction does not match the initial action, in scope or nature.

I do agree it wasn't worth it. But just out of curiosity, what do you think the principal should have done instead?
that gang banger attitude has replaced the legislated law in some communities; not just in schools is this change revealed.

In a land where a wrong glance or wrong colored shirt is sufficient to get you killed, the reference point with the rest of humanity is lost. You are dealing with people from another planet.

I'd bet if someone posed a question...........

Can you physically attack someone if they call you a word that begins with the letter that follows, M, in the alphabet. will the law accept your retaliation or would you be prosecuted for physical assault?

most would say physical retaliation is justified.

the threshold for physical violence is now a fading line written in the sand and justifying it is another step toward anarchy.

Principal should have referenced whatever rules cover such a situation and followed them.......whatever they are. a video would have helped.

This is why public edu is failing. Schools have to seperate the thugs from the students who want to be in school. Times and culture have changed. Rules that were made in the early 1900s don't apply. Being sent to the cloak room for a transgression during class will not work today.

EDU must provide education to all but not according to social justice rules that demand thugs be mixed in with good students to retain the thugs self confidence and respect. NO! seperate schools. get teachers specially trained in dealing with thugs and give them a real shot at success, not just babysit. Don't deprive them of the op to learn, should they have a moment of clarity and convert.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:42 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,565,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
..."when tossman tried to remove the head phones..."

i don't know, i too might have punched him if he put his hands on me...but that's just me
This is the new mentality of thug behavior. Don't "dis" me in any way or I will punch you. No wonder nobody wants to be a teacher anymore. I am sure this thug will spend the majority of his life in the "graybar" hotel.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:16 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
This is the new mentality of thug behavior. Don't "dis" me in any way or I will punch you. No wonder nobody wants to be a teacher anymore. I am sure this thug will spend the majority of his life in the "graybar" hotel.

You are so correct, and it has to be broken somehow. That "don't dis" me mentality is what is causing the violence in our inner cities. How do you break it though ? This POS thug will eventually escalate from punching someone to shooting someone pure and simple.
And we can see from some of the replies in this thread that mentality is multi generational, not just in the current "teens", I bet it 3 or 4 generations of thug life. The principal asked him to remove them, he refused, I see nothing wrong with the principal ripping them off his head. Sounds to me like the kid needed an a$$ whooping many, many years ago.

Now fast forward a few years, that kid gets pulled over by the cops. He gets out of the car after being told not too, he reaches into his pocket after being told not to, well you know how this will end right ? Another dead "victim " .

Old 10-26-2016, 06:17 AM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
teacher is an idiot. shouldnt have tried removing the headphones. call the cops or get school security to take care of it.

OK - another Oct joinee - but we'll let that go.

By the time the cops or security arrived the kid would have been long gone. People use to have respect for each other - kids were taught to respect their elders and authority - now they are taught that certain careers representing authority are bad and it's OK to challenge them.

Put the scum to the curb with the other garbage - not worth paying taxpayer money for his upkeep in prison.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:21 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:

And the kid is a real work of art, hope he goes to jail for nice long stint.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:42 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Yep! Sorry to sound like a codger here but principles were beating kids with wooden paddles when I was in school and you better damn well believe that students would listen to them !

You know other school systems in countries with superior education systems do not have these problems. Now you can't touch a sullen disobedient student ? What a crock. Education or lack thereof is for ALL the students. When one acts out in a disruptive manner he needs to be quickly removed from the rest so work can proceed. Calling the police or security while the offender get's his desired attention is exactly the wrong way to handle it.
But by law you MAY NOT physically remove that person. You MUST call security or the police. Doesn't matter if he "gets his desired attention", that shouldn't be the concern here. Remove the dude from the campus. That's where all the focus needs to be.

Quote:
It was the principal, not a teacher. So you think the knee jerk reaction to a student refusing to take off earphones should be calling the police, which means they might end up being arrested?
Right. Unfortunately that is what we have degenerated into.

Look, either it is a big deal or it isn't.

If refusing to take off the headphones is no big deal then the principal shouldn't have touched them. Right?

If it is then you have to do things the right way, which means having him removed by security or the police. If he gets arrested over it, that is on HIM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
OK - another Oct joinee - but we'll let that go.

By the time the cops or security arrived the kid would have been long gone
. People use to have respect for each other - kids were taught to respect their elders and authority - now they are taught that certain careers representing authority are bad and it's OK to challenge them.

Put the scum to the curb with the other garbage - not worth paying taxpayer money for his upkeep in prison.

Not if you follow the person to their destination while waiting on security.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:10 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
But by law you MAY NOT physically remove that person. You MUST call security or the police. Doesn't matter if he "gets his desired attention", that shouldn't be the concern here. Remove the dude from the campus. That's where all the focus needs to be.

Right. Unfortunately that is what we have degenerated into.

Look, either it is a big deal or it isn't.

If refusing to take off the headphones is no big deal then the principal shouldn't have touched them. Right?

If it is then you have to do things the right way, which means having him removed by security or the police. If he gets arrested over it, that is on HIM.

Not if you follow the person to their destination while waiting on security.

And all this could have been avoided had the thug shown a little respect , and removed the headphones after being asked by a person of authority. That is the problem, these a$$hats do not respect any kind of authority. How will this play out in his future ? Probably not well I'm guessing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies