Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 01:38 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, this stuff is more normal than you think. I'm going to open a can of worms, but here goes.

There is more beating going on than you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-6xaxeYGlk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1MKTTr0KDs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGv9f25f93I
As I said, "I don't condone smacking the kid upside the head", but I do approve of them being up in their kid's business and wanting to correct their behavior. How they choose to correct is where I don't agree with them, but everything else...GOOD for them! That's what parents are supposed to be doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 01:42 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
As I said, "I don't condone smacking the kid upside the head", but I do approve of them being up in their kid's business and wanting to correct their behavior. How they choose to correct is where I don't agree with them, but everything else...GOOD for them! That's what parents are supposed to be doing.
I agree with discipline and being in a kid's business. However, this idea of "a beating will solve everything" is not really accurate. Now, I will only say this because it might get someone thinking, it is not meant to be used in any other way. On average, Blacks get more spankings/beatings than youths of any other race. Yet, Black men account for 1/2 of the nation's murder perpetrators and victims. You find some Black youths committing acts of mob violence, and acting up in school. If spanking/beating worked so well, Black youths would be the best behaved of any group.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:48 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Remember this?

That was on the news all over the place. It was such a big deal because it's not the norm. It SHOULD BE the norm.

I don't condone smacking the kid upside the head, but to be upset and embarrassed at your kid's disgusting behavior to the point that you march down there and start dragging your kid away from riots, embarrassing him in front of his friends because he's acting like a dbag...I'm all for that.

More parents like her, less parents that either completely ignore their kids or teach them to disrespect authority figures.

It doesn't take a boat load of money to solve...it requires that parents just do their damn job.
Thanks for reminding me of that. I totally forgot that episode. Unfortunately there is no money for community leaders in cajoling parents to parent.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:49 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Thanks for reminding me of that. I totally forgot that episode. Unfortunately there is no money for community leaders in cajoling parents to parent.
I would read the last post I made. Spanking/beating is more common than you think. Just go to youtube.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:51 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,281,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0polis View Post
teacher is an idiot. shouldnt have tried removing the headphones. call the cops or get school security to take care of it.

touch me, i hit you. simple as that.
He didn't 'touch' him; he beat him. I agree that nowadays everyone is nuts and he shouldn't have removed the headphones, but that kid, at best, should have pushed his hand away. The teacher is not an idiot. I can relate to wanting to do what he did as I work for a school system but to keep this from happening, we must not touch a student because many of them are downright violent. Or, they'll use the, "I'll sue you crap." Some of them are just sickening and it's only getting worse.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:40 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
I would read the last post I made. Spanking/beating is more common than you think. Just go to youtube.
At this point I want parental involvement of almost any kind. Even spanking is better than having an absent father and a mother zombied out on the couch from drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
He didn't 'touch' him; he beat him. I agree that nowadays everyone is nuts and he shouldn't have removed the headphones, but that kid, at best, should have pushed his hand away. The teacher is not an idiot. I can relate to wanting to do what he did as I work for a school system but to keep this from happening, we must not touch a student because many of them are downright violent. Or, they'll use the, "I'll sue you crap." Some of them are just sickening and it's only getting worse.
How else do we handle things then? Lord of the Flies?

Old 10-26-2016, 02:54 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
I agree with discipline and being in a kid's business. However, this idea of "a beating will solve everything" is not really accurate. Now, I will only say this because it might get someone thinking, it is not meant to be used in any other way. On average, Blacks get more spankings/beatings than youths of any other race. Yet, Black men account for 1/2 of the nation's murder perpetrators and victims. You find some Black youths committing acts of mob violence, and acting up in school. If spanking/beating worked so well, Black youths would be the best behaved of any group.
Great post.

Strict physical rule often breaks down when the kid gets bigger\stronger than the parents. With so many absentee fathers, most young men by 16-17 are physically well past their mothers abilities but not dads...but he's not around.

Most kids knuckle-head years wear off after their teens.

I feel that the old-school firm hand approach worked back in the days where most families had both parents or at least an uncle, older cousin etc around. but when you base your whole control system largely on being stronger than a young man...you're screwed if they get big before they get maturity.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:57 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
No politician ever got elected blaming their constituents, even if they were right to do so.

The problem is always caused by someone or something else....often the OTHER political party.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:57 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
I guess if he had just called the police, no one might ever have to deal with that kid again.

Old 10-26-2016, 03:09 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,612,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I guess if he had just called the police, no one might ever have to deal with that kid again.
Called the police for what? Because the student wouldn't remove his headphones? There's no indication that the student was making threats toward the principal; the principal had no idea what was coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies