Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 12:23 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And I just wonder if those children in those superior education systems have the same amount of disrespect towards authority figures as our do ?

Discipline Problems, Unruly Behavior Seriously Threatening Student Achievement
Perhaps there is more respect for authority. I also suspect there is a feeling of covenant between authority and the people living there. It goes both ways.

I notice that Louisiana and Mississippi lock up alot of people. Hasn't stopped the violent crime issues in those states. New Orleans has severe gang issues, and corruption issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 12:27 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,769,893 times
He should not touch the student. Call security guards or something.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:32 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,565,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
What are your thoughts on the thug student? Is his behavior justified because someone dare touched his precious headphones?

Old 10-26-2016, 12:46 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,368,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
What are your thoughts on the thug student? Is his behavior justified because someone dare touched his precious headphones?
His behavior wasn't justified at all.

The principal shouldn't have put his hands on him either.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:00 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post

You are correct, the disrespectful student should have taken them off...instead, he played the tough guy escalated it and now will go to jail. Play stupid games win stupid prizes

Old 10-26-2016, 01:05 PM

35,083 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
His behavior wasn't justified at all.

The principal shouldn't have put his hands on him either.
The problem these kids have is that no one has ever disciplined them. Then at some point in their lives they die in a gang fight or are killed by law enforcement. Isn't there a better way, such as actually raising our children?

Old 10-26-2016, 01:09 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The problem these kids have is that no one has ever disciplined them. Then at some point in their lives they die in a gang fight or are killed by law enforcement. Isn't there a better way, such as actually raising our children?

Very well stated. I agree completely, instead we have people actually standing up for his actions...and I'm sure those are the same ones that whine the most when one of these kids get killed...."oh he was such a good boy" .... right.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:15 PM

30,271 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5aNhO7c4qw

That was on the news all over the place. It was such a big deal because it's not the norm. It SHOULD BE the norm.

I don't condone smacking the kid upside the head, but to be upset and embarrassed at your kid's disgusting behavior to the point that you march down there and start dragging your kid away from riots, embarrassing him in front of his friends because he's acting like a dbag...I'm all for that.

More parents like her, less parents that either completely ignore their kids or teach them to disrespect authority figures.

It doesn't take a boat load of money to solve...it requires that parents just do their damn job.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:23 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5aNhO7c4qw

That was on the news all over the place. It was such a big deal because it's not the norm. It SHOULD BE the norm.

I don't condone smacking the kid upside the head, but to be upset and embarrassed at your kid's disgusting behavior to the point that you march down there and start dragging your kid away from riots, embarrassing him in front of his friends because he's acting like a dbag...I'm all for that.

More parents like her, less parents that either completely ignore their kids or teach them to disrespect authority figures.

It doesn't take a boat load of money to solve...it requires that parents just do their damn job.
Actually, this stuff is more normal than you think. I'm going to open a can of worms, but here goes.

There is more beating going on than you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-6xaxeYGlk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1MKTTr0KDs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGv9f25f93I

Old 10-26-2016, 01:27 PM

35,083 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Very well stated. I agree completely, instead we have people actually standing up for his actions...and I'm sure those are the same ones that whine the most when one of these kids get killed...."oh he was such a good boy" .... right.
Thanks for the compliment. I couldn't rep you again.

I have two sons, one 20 1/2 and one 19. My wife and I ran a moderately strict household. One of the things we taught them was always to comply with authority, and to respect authority whenever possible.

In fact just last night my younger son, who is at a college for high-functioning special needs children called us upset. He had a 9:00 p.m. appointment at the academic support center but dropped in early. The 7:00 p.m. was a no-show. Drew started getting support at 7:10 p.m. and went till 8:00 p.m. When he returned at 9:00 p.m. for the scheduled appointment it had been automatically cancelled and re-assigned. Drew was upset and wanted to go back and yell at them. We convinced him to handle the problem in a more constructive manner.

I doubt that this schoolboy was taught to handle things through the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies