Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 05:19 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I think this guy hits the nail pretty much on the head.

White people are tired of hearing of all the "privilege" they have, of being told we're all racists whether we know it or not, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 05:21 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
According to you. Unless you have some kind of evidence beyond your opinion, that's all it is.
thanks. my proof is that White Republicans elect black conservatives when we get a chance. While the vast majority of black democrat politicians are elected in black majority districts.

Guys like Allen West aren't just elected but when beat by a white democrat, he is widely accepted in Republican circles and is now running a conservative think tank in Dallas. Tim Scott is a black senator from a southern state elected by white republicans.
Dr. Carson was considered a serious candidate for President with zero political experience he was pushed forward by white republicans.

there are many examples of such. even in my own community at the local level my school board member is African American. this is a very conservative place. he didn't just get elected he has been reelected multiple times.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:22 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well, I read it.

there are parts of this that I agree with. It jives with Jim Webb's recent comments that white working class voters from PA WI and MI who voted for Obama twice, voted for Trump because they no longer felt welcome in the Democrat party.

I also agree that this cross over to Privilege Theory has done a great deal of harm.

what I don't agree with is that this has led to white tribalism. The fact is the democrat party created identity politics because they decided it was the path to power. that methodology by the left is the cause of all this. THEY created the tribes.

Even still I totally reject the idea that whites who were left out had to run to some all white tribe. The things that Mr. Trump has said are simply things that many of us identify with.

Consider Trumps view on illegal immigration. His view is indistinguishable from that of Caesar Chavez. Chavez was a very liberal Union Activist. He is a hero of the left. He hated illegal immigration from Mexico.

It isn't the white folk that changed. Its the LEFT that changed. identity politics became their winner.

there are dozens of examples

Until it became their loser.....

The thing about Identity politics is that in order to perpetuate it, you need a scapegoat, and they chose to scapegoat and effectively write off the biggest identity group of them all. They were artful at finding just the right balance for many years.... Scapegoat white people just to the extent that they could effectively consolidate all minority groups on their side of the political spectrum, but not to such an extent that they'd lose the moderate, liberal leaning white vote. In the last few years, they went overboard and forced out even the moderate liberal leaning whites. Apparently they forgot they needed them to win.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 11-17-2016 at 05:51 PM..

Old 11-17-2016, 05:25 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

The thing about Identity politics is that in order to perpetuate it, you need a scapegoat, and they chose to scapegoat and effectively write of the biggest identity group of them all.
my hope is white conservatives will continue to reach out to minorities and prove they desire the very best for those who have been trusting these PROGS. If we do that, we can prove by action what words will never prove.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:34 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
First, the Federalist and the article /author are far from SJW's, but neither of you even bothered looking before weighing, or you would have known that. Brilliant.
I was thinking the same. It's amazing how quick some people are to spout off. They might as well just paint "idiot" on their foreheads.
Quote:
BigDGeek, very interesting article. I know I've conveyed some of the same frustration in threads here, but have gotten a pat on the head and 'you're wrong' in response to them.
Yes, I've been saying some of the same things for years, that the rhetoric and actions of the left on race, the egregious double standards, would make a return to a racial mindset on the part of mainstream whites inevitable. And now that's happened.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:36 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,447,096 times
Quote:
White people are tired of hearing of all the "privilege" they have, of being told we're all racists whether we know it or not, etc.
Poor babies. Need a group hug?

Old 11-17-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
my hope is white conservatives will continue to reach out to minorities and prove they desire the very best for those who have been trusting these PROGS.
Let me know how that hopey-changey thing works out for ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUuhJ61tlpw

Old 11-17-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I've been saying some of the same things for years, that the rhetoric and actions of the left on race, the egregious double standards, would make a return to an racial mindset on the part of mainstream whites inevitable.
What a prophet you are.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:40 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:

The thing about Identity politics is that in order to perpetuate it, you need a scapegoat, and they chose to scapegoat and effectively write off the biggest identity group of them all. They were artful at finding just the right balance for many years.... Scapegoat white people just to the extent that they could effectively consolidate all minority groups on their side of the political spectrum, but not to such an extent that they'd lose the moderate white vote. In the last few years, they went overboard and forced out even the moderate whites. Apparently they forgot they needed them.
Good points. It will be interesting to see how this strategy is adjusted. The identity politics left might just double down, figuring that they can still win, but just need to try even harder and wait for more demographic change to kick in.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
thanks. my proof is that White Republicans elect black conservatives when we get a chance.
You do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dp6-KveQhw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies