Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 05:04 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
If the teacher did choke the student then there could be bruises showing finger marks. If the student told the parents that day, the police should have been called to begin the investigation. At this point all we have is the statements from CAIR to the press. If true, the teacher should face criminal charges. If not true, the adult accuser should face charges.
Sounds like the little brother to Clock Boy looking for a nice payout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 05:22 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sounds like the little brother to Clock Boy looking for a nice payout.

...............you mean sounds like the family of a five year old boy.

Old 12-03-2016, 08:13 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,903,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
If the teacher did choke the student then there could be bruises showing finger marks. If the student told the parents that day, the police should have been called to begin the investigation. At this point all we have is the statements from CAIR to the press. If true, the teacher should face criminal charges. If not true, the adult accuser should face charges.
The teacher that physcially stopped this teacher from continuing to choke the boy should have reported it.

Old 12-03-2016, 08:13 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Absolutely inexcusable. That said, truth be known there are a lot of "teachers" out there who single students out because of a personal dislike. It's not just Muslims either. The stereotype "teachers pet" also has a antithesis student that is "teachers whipping boy" (or girl). I was the focus of such a teacher in the 6th grade. She was a complete witch, in looks and personality. She would daily find ways to humiliate me in front of the class, come after me with her favorite weapon, a yardstick, give me failing grades on assignments that were perfect, you name it.

6th grade was something I was quite happy to see disappear in the rearview. It's usually grade and middle school teachers you see this behavior in as well. These "teachers" are bullies and bullies favor victims that can't fight back. Had I experienced this from a HS teacher the results would have been far different.

So, that said, if your child comes home with a story of a "mean" teacher, picking on them or a classmate, I suggest that you not dismiss it out of hand as a childs wild imagination. Such stories are often very true. It's never not worth looking into. Especially with younger children because that's where these types are. They know that young children are easily victimized and that the tendency is for them not to be believed if they do say anything.

When a teacher like this gets outed the consequences should be very severe. Not just getting fired, or worse transferred or allowed to resign and go to another school. Their credentials should be permanently revoked and jail time done. There is NEVER an excuse to treat a child this way. And doing so by hiding behind being a teacher is even worse. The mask of authority is abused far to often.

Old 12-03-2016, 08:31 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Absolutely inexcusable. That said, truth be known there are a lot of "teachers" out there who single students out because of a personal dislike. It's not just Muslims either. The stereotype "teachers pet" also has a antithesis student that is "teachers whipping boy" (or girl). I was the focus of such a teacher in the 6th grade. She was a complete witch, in looks and personality. She would daily find ways to humiliate me in front of the class, come after me with her favorite weapon, a yardstick, give me failing grades on assignments that were perfect, you name it.

6th grade was something I was quite happy to see disappear in the rearview. It's usually grade and middle school teachers you see this behavior in as well. These "teachers" are bullies and bullies favor victims that can't fight back. Had I experienced this from a HS teacher the results would have been far different.

So, that said, if your child comes home with a story of a "mean" teacher, picking on them or a classmate, I suggest that you not dismiss it out of hand as a childs wild imagination. Such stories are often very true. It's never not worth looking into. Especially with younger children because that's where these types are. They know that young children are easily victimized and that the tendency is for them not to be believed if they do say anything.

When a teacher like this gets outed the consequences should be very severe. Not just getting fired, or worse transferred or allowed to resign and go to another school. Their credentials should be permanently revoked and jail time done. There is NEVER an excuse to treat a child this way. And doing so by hiding behind being a teacher is even worse. The mask of authority is abused far to often.
It's astonishing how often the adults follow the lead of the children in some of these situations. All too often, the child tagged as "unpopular" by peers becomes the scapegoat of so-called grown-ups, as well. Bloody cowards is what they are.

Also, I wish we could remove the word "Muslim" from this story, and see if that changes the attitudes of any of the people who would defend this alleged "educator."

Old 12-03-2016, 08:52 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
It's astonishing how often the adults follow the lead of the children in some of these situations. All too often, the child tagged as "unpopular" by peers becomes the scapegoat of so-called grown-ups, as well. Bloody cowards is what they are.

Also, I wish we could remove the word "Muslim" from this story, and see if that changes the attitudes of any of the people who would defend this alleged "educator."

Exactly! Take the Muslim factor out of the equation. Teachers like this don't just target kids for religious or racial reasons. They target based on weakness and vulnerability, and they do this because they get off on it. It's not driven by any ideology. Coward is to kind a term. And I take that term seriously.

There are kids being treated this way by teachers as we speak, who are not Muslims, Jews, Black, or other minority, they are just vulnerable. Singled out in some way. It could be some physical defect or disability, the way they dress, maybe even something as silly as an interest in some subject or another that's outside the group interest. Anything that sets them apart from the ...mainstream. In this case the kid was a Muslim. But this type of thing is NOT limited to such a factor.

If she didn't have a Muslim kid to single out she would have found something else in another kid. This is also not an uncommon thing. I'm betting there's at least one teacher like this in every single school.

Old 12-03-2016, 08:58 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
You can always count on a liberal to be wrong an backwards. What makes you think anyone would support assaulting a 5 year old? Crap like that is why you lost the election and are losing the nation.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:06 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Whenever a Muslim is the alleged victim of any crime, immediately cast doubt on the victim.

Whenever a Muslim is the alleged perpetrator of any crime, immediately attack the person and their religion, innocent until proven guilty never applies here.

Such are the double standards on City Data forum.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:08 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,592,812 times
If this story is true, then

let's be honest, even the "all-muslims-are-bad" crowd have to admit that the little dude is too young to be picked on.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:16 AM

4,794 posts, read 2,799,413 times
Default Some background

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I wonder what happens to Christian children who go to school in Middle Eastern madrassas?
Seriously? madrassas are religious schools, usually set up by a sponsoring mosque. The officiating iman may double as the instructor, too. A Christian child is likely barred from attending a madrassa - for one, the language of instruction would likely be Arabic. For two, any kind of elementary education in most Middle Eastern countries is @ a premium - given the prevailing sentiments about non-Islamics there, I don't think you could get a Christian into a madrassa for love nor money. (Very often, the madrassa is the only kind of schooling available. As such, the slots are considered valuable - if only in prestige among the believers.)

The madrassa may or may not teach anything we in the West would consider useful. Their first focus is what we would consider theological, with emphasis on the primacy of Islam. It's entirely up to the mosque - & in Saudi Arabia, the mosques are dominated by the Wahhabi (a severely radical Islamist religious group) - who are supported by the state, in return for not agitating on religious matters within the state. Church/state arrangements throughout the Middle East vary, from state to state.

Last edited by southwest88; 12-03-2016 at 10:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies