Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 03:38 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510
Lemme guess, it was his fault for being here...
Indeed..... How can a 5yo BOY cause ANY type of harrassment that would borther someone??

Very sad.......I feel bad for him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 05:56 AM

88,591 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
The teacher should be punished and I feel sorry for the boy but it does nothing to mitigate the fact that he is part of a religion that will teach him:

A) He must kill the infidel beside him
B) He must never be a friend to Christians and Jews
C) It is his duty to fight against infidels even if he hates it
D) He may make sex slaves out of non-Muslim women.
E) He may marry and have sex with pre-pubescent girls so long as he follows the rules for returning them if he does not like them

And the sad part is that you really believe all this about every Muslim. Because you WANT to believe it...because it's YOU who has that sort of dark hatred in your heart.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 12-04-2016 at 06:06 AM..

Old 12-04-2016, 06:05 AM

88,591 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Seriously? madrassas are religious schools, usually set up by a sponsoring mosque. The officiating iman may double as the instructor, too. A Christian child is likely barred from attending a madrassa - for one, the language of instruction would likely be Arabic. For two, any kind of elementary education in most Middle Eastern countries is @ a premium - given the prevailing sentiments about non-Islamics there, I don't think you could get a Christian into a madrassa for love nor money. (Very often, the madrassa is the only kind of schooling available. As such, the slots are considered valuable - if only in prestige among the believers.)

The madrassa may or may not teach anything we in the West would consider useful. Their first focus is what we would consider theological, with emphasis on the primacy of Islam. It's entirely up to the mosque - & in Saudi Arabia, the mosques are dominated by the Wahhabi (a severely radical Islamist religious group) - who are supported by the state, in return for not agitating on religious matters within the state. Church/state arrangements throughout the Middle East vary, from state to state.
Agree that a Christian child would not be allowed in a madrassa, but your statement that "for one thing, the language of instruction would be in Arabic". What language do you think Christian children in Middle Eastern countries speak?

Old 12-04-2016, 06:35 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Then you are part of the problem .Use you head a five year old,who never complained?The parents let it go on???Sorry but people like you perpetuate stories like this and wreck real lives ,the teacher is a real person.Again answer like a grown up or take the heat.
Take what heat?

If the story is true, then yes, the teacher deserves to be punished.

The teacher is under investigation, not under arrest. Nobody is ruining the teacher's life here.

That is why I stated

If this story is true.. then even the All-Muslim-are-bad crowd have to admit this little dude is too young to be picked on.

Based on your posting history, it is pretty safe to assume you lean to the left, the only reason you single me out is because I am a conservative (this is my opinion) Even when I defend this Muslim boy and support an investigation of the teacher, you still attack me.

If you want an adult conversation, at least stay fair.

Yes, if this story is true, then the teacher deserves to suffer from the consequences of her action
That is why the teacher right now is under investigation. Nobody is ruining her life.

Old 12-04-2016, 06:40 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post

So it's ok for Cair to wreck the life of this teacher?
well, many of us don't believe Cair has much credibility, but in this case, the teacher is under investigation. She is not under arrest.

Don't know where the "wreck the life" part came from.

The teacher can also sue for defamation.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 12-04-2016 at 06:50 AM..

Old 12-04-2016, 07:02 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,940,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I wonder what happens to Christian children who go to school in Middle Eastern madrassas?
They are rightfully beat to death while Daily Communists cheer!

Being a Muslim he shouldn't even be allowed to go to school here.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:59 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Hillary supporters are recused from commenting here, seriously. Child abuse is not on their radar, its a foreign concept to them. The rest of us can condemn or try to defend the teacher. Actual physical assault by the teacher on the student is inexcusable. Kids can be crueler than any adult and if he was a refugee or immigrant adapting to a new environment, than he was bound to have confrontations with other students. Its the teachers job to try to prevent things from getting out of hand just as its every students responsibility to try to get along and behave in school.
I remember our jerk of a grade school principal that got his kicks out of being feared by the students. He grabbed me by the neck because I was uncomfortable with him standing behind me and I turned to see where he was.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:20 AM

4,800 posts, read 2,803,401 times
Default Mea culpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Agree that a Christian child would not be allowed in a madrassa, but your statement that "for one thing, the language of instruction would be in Arabic". What language do you think Christian children in Middle Eastern countries speak?
Good point, wearing my Western Civ. blinkers, I suppose. My bad. Lebanon has the highest % of Christians in the Middle East, @ 39% (vs. 58% Islamic). Official language is Arabic, with French, Armenian & English also spoken (all this from NYT Almanac). I can see French; Armenian & English are a surprise. Ethnically, it's 95% Arab, 4% Armenian. So the bulk of Christians there must be Arabic.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:25 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I wonder what happens to Christian children who go to school in Middle Eastern madrassas?
Since when is a NC public school a "madrassas," which is a seminary? Your logic is mind boggling and faulty.

How people can defend this truly disgusting behavior is beyond me.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:46 AM

4,800 posts, read 2,803,401 times
Default Teach a man to fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
They are rightfully beat to death while Daily Communists cheer!

Being a Muslim he shouldn't even be allowed to go to school here.
There aren't any Christian children in ME madrassas, TMK. Nor in any madrassa anywhere else - those are Islamic religious schools, & are reserved for Islamic children.

& of course he needs to go to school. This is the US, he isn't royalty, & even if he were, we don't allow children to goldbrick their way through life - it sets a bad example. Our Constitution doesn't set any religious test for office, nor for schooling.

I didn't see if the child in question is a US citizen or not - if he & his parents are citizens, then they have an obligation to send him to school. Even if they're not citizens, lots of parents temporarily in the US - to study or to work - or as college students - attend US schools & send their child(ren) to US schools. The US should take every opportunity to educate & influence & help form future Muslim leadership & citizens, just as we should do the same for any foreign students who come to the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies