Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 07:25 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
They don't have the numbers/power yet. For our future with Islam, look to Europe. better still, look to Aremnia or Lebanon.
You just proved my point by using the same example I used. Look to Europe where they're from the Middle East. American Muslims are westernized - not the same culture you'll find in the Middle East.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 07:44 PM

39,199 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Absolutely an investigation must be done. The problem is it should have never been made a public circus
well, I don't think anybody disagree with you.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:12 PM

78,329 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D231 View Post
And that's an excuse for a teacher to choke a 5 year old Muslim boy solely because he's Muslim?

If people are starving in the world, is that an excuse to not feed your kids because there are other people who are starving as well?
Maybe you should calm down and wait for facts?

Old 12-04-2016, 08:46 PM

78,329 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
"alleged incident" Ya'll sound like a lynch mob
Great post.

^^^Rorhshack test thread. People that can't read, can't apply judgement or rational thinking just come rolling in with post after post.

Can't wait to get any facts....just plow forward trying to strap any incident into support of their world view.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:16 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I wonder what happens to Christian children who go to school in Middle Eastern madrassas?
Really? This is despicable. We are talking about a 5 year old child. However, this type of attitude is similar to saying since ISIS beheads people and burns them in cages, we need to retaliate by using similar crimes against humanity.

Tell me, how does this make America any better than the the people we denounce?

Old 12-05-2016, 03:07 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Poor Muslim children in infidel lands.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...protected.html

Old 12-05-2016, 03:15 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
"alleged incident" Ya'll sound like a lynch mob

This but after the election Trump just put in it's no wonder.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:12 AM

39,199 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
This but after the election Trump just put in it's no wonder.
You can pretty much blame Trump for everything.

Boy, does this discussion take an interesting turn!

Old 12-05-2016, 07:58 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I agree there needs to be an investigation and people instantly believing or doubting this occurred need to learn a little self-control when faced with stories from the internet.

I especially agree that we've all seen way too many stories where the accusation was true and way too many where it was a fabrication.

I prefer to remove the "Muslim" factor as well. Were I running the investigation here, I would be interviewing former students of hers as well as current. Teachers who bully stick to a pattern. They have a student they single out every year with every new class. Kids of this age are unlikely to "tell on the teacher". They're still in a phase of development that concedes everything to adults.

They will try to change the factor that singles them out before complaining about being singled out. Mostly, not in all cases. Abusive teachers don't have one single factor they p
look for, other than simple vulnerability. They are opportunists. If this teacher was indeed abusing this boy like this, others she did the same with are out there. It's more than likely anyway.

Another good reason to keep these things out of the media, rather than creating a mad stampede of other parents looking to file suit. The goal here is to find out the truth and make sure it doesn't happen again. For the KIDS sake. Not the parents financial situation. If the allegations turn out to be true, and a settlement is given, I'm not opposed to the idea that a caveat that requires the money be used for the benefit of the child, not the parents, be attached. A college fund or some such thing. It's the kid that gets hurt after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies