Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you accept your child if they came out as LGBT?
Yes, I would accept them 213 72.70%
I might have difficulty accepting them, but I will try 24 8.19%
I would accept it if they were gay or bisexual, but not if they were trans* 11 3.75%
I could not accept it 45 15.36%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 04:49 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Government?!
What kind of business would that be?

FYI, it's already been that way. You doubt it? Walk your White a$$ down to a random bar in South Chicago. You'll find out where you are allowed.
My ass is not totally white, but it has been in blues bars in south Chicago and lived to tell the tale.

But a bar in a dangerous neighborhood is not the same as a bar that refuses to serve lesbians or libertarians or ....

That's what we are talking about. How some people think that businesses should have the right to refuse services to those they think are sinners or lesbians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 05:15 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,625,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I have only one child, and she will never have children, but not because she's bi, but because she should not for medical reasons and she is not sure she would want to raise a child anyway. That last part could change someday, and she might adopt, but my life isn't ruined because I won't be a grandmother, for Pete's sake.

And of course, unless you live some sort of isolated life in a remote area, you know gay people with children.
I tend not to associate with many homosexuals, either because we have vastly different interests/politics, or they keep it to themselves (thus I am unaware), and we never discuss their personal sexual lives, which is fine with me.
Remember, liberal PC hype has convinced many hetero people that homos make up a much larger number in America than they really do. A figure between 1-2 percent is a realistic estimate, not the absurd 10 percent that was proffered by the leftist media and homosexual apologists/activists.

As to your daughters situation, yes that unfortunately does happen, and it is a shame she either doesn't have the option, or it could endanger her own life/health.
That said, far too many people, especially affluent whites are choosing to delay having kids, or only having one or two at the most.
For a society to reproduce itself and just maintain it's level over 25 years, parents must have a minimum of 2.11 children.
Anything less, and it cannot survive. Needless to say female homosexuals are not typically reproducing, and males hardly ever do. So they are not contributing to society in that arena.
Remember, the reason government got involved in promoting marriage with tax credits and more for having children was a practical one. If not enough people of your culture are reproducing, other cultures will eventually overtake it.

Old 12-27-2016, 05:39 PM

778 posts, read 339,631 times
I have that issue in my life. I love my child and always will, but my heart is broken for them. I will never view this new person as the child I gave birth to and bonded with, because their views are too different from my own and those they were raised with. I will always love the child I gave birth to, but I cannot see how I could ever except this stranger who I shared 19 years of life with. I pray for their safety and solitude, but there is nothing about the LGBTQ lifestyle that I find that brings a person and the world spiritual value.

Old 12-27-2016, 05:40 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,965,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
I have that issue in my life. I love my child and always will, but my heart is broken for them. I will never view this new person as the child I gave birth to and bonded with, because their views are too different from my own and those they were raised with. I will always love the child I gave birth to, but I cannot see how I could ever except this stranger who I shared 19 years of life with. I pray for their safety and solitude, but there is nothing about the LGBTQ lifestyle that I find that brings a person and the world spiritual value.
See this is just sad. The things that holy lifestyle does to people.

Old 12-27-2016, 05:52 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,027,456 times
I don't understand the question

I would love them regardless

Would I accept any kind of unnatural homosexual activity he does? Obviously not.

I also wouldn't accept alcoholism, thievery, etc...

No I wouldn't just pretend it is ok because that would be living a lie

He wasn't taught to lie or be lied to

I am his mother and I love him!!!!

Old 12-27-2016, 05:56 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Our sexuality is not all of who we. There's lots of things that that your child probably is that is not LGBTQ. Cook? Garden? Volunteer? Got to museums? Scrapbook? Volunteer? Connect over that.

You may benefit from talking to a counselor about this. One of the hardest things to do is to let our children go and live a life of their own. Just because your religious views prevent you from seeing the value in your child, doesn't mean it's not there.

Try to find out.

Whenever I get mad at one my kids, I imagine who I want surrounding me when the time comes to drift off.

My heart goes out to you.

Old 12-27-2016, 05:58 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,977,497 times
My primary issue is more that someone who is gay learns to accept themselves than that others accept them, even their parents. I have seen first hand how destructive the self-hatred can be ... the need for drugs and alcohol to be able to engage in acts they hate themselves for taking part in, even if they feel compelled to participate. That kind of thing took the life of my step-son even though his father and I had no problem with his sexuality - he did though. He was truly tortured - but he never had to hide any of it from anyone so that was not the cause .. he was never 'in the closet' so to speak. No one could 'fix' him except himself and he chose not to .. he chose to self-medicate. I am convinced that even if everyone in society had knocked on his door and said we support you, we love you, we accept you, you are wonderful .. it unfortunately would have made no difference. I also know he was not alone in having to remove himself from the acts so he could do them. Very sad.

The second issue I have is with how many youngsters (some at amazingly young ages) are 'discovering' they are 'transgender' and begin conversion - even with hormones and surgeries - at an age when I do not think they can know their own minds. I know several and in each case the child comes from a very dysfunctional family - which leads me to believe that there may be a lot more to transgender-ism (at least when apparently displayed at very young ages) than meets the eye .. and that encouraging it (even if one 'accepts' the child for who he or she may be) by actively seeking medical assistance to make the physical changes is something everyone might regret some day.

My next door neighbour's granddaughter went from being a girly-girl 2 years ago to 'finding' a new 'friend' (a very off-kilter girl who rescued her from mental health issues that put this very gifted but fragile girl into hospital several times) and now has changed her name to Ray from her original feminine name that also started with an R .. and if her 70 year old grandmother doesn't use the appropriate pronoun or name she screams that she is being disrespected and rushes home to her alcoholic, promiscuous mother. Sorry I just don't believe that child IS transgender but she may take hormones or have surgery before she figures that out herself so it is hard not to be 'concerned' for her. She could do herself great harm before she is old enough to really understand what she has done.

And there are kids as young as 4 now on the cover of magazines paraded around as transgender .. you have to be kidding! There is madness here .. so would I accept a 'transgender' child .. well, I would always love them but would I accept their 'transgenderism' .. probably not easily!

So that being the case .. one can 'accept' a person for who they are (or in some cases, 'think they are') but if they endanger their own lives or those of others or insist on being activists in a flaming/nasty way, then I may not approve of or support their activities in that regard.

(p.s. I thought at one time that one of my sons might be gay but when I enquired (since no one had ever said as much to me but he avoided me quite a bit and I thought perhaps that was why) it turned out that was not the case - but had he been I would not have changed my views about him .. he was my son .. I would just want him to be happy. Additionally, it is quite possible that my very favorite aunt was gay as well though again that was a few years ago and no one talked about that sort of thing .. but frankly I would not have given a hoot .. again as long as she was happy. She was probably the most normal person I ever met however - and I had a lot of 'normal' people in my life. I have also known quite a few gay people working in the theatre and they were all amazing people. I have no bias against gays .. and yes, I voted for Trump if it matters - which I don't think it does).

Last edited by Aery11; 12-27-2016 at 06:07 PM..

Old 12-27-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
See this is just sad. The things that holy lifestyle does to people.
It has nothing to do with "being holy." It has to do with the understanding that there is a greater purpose in life than to indulge your baser instincts or demand that society operate within YOUR universe, because doing so makes you feel better about yourself.

I find transgender people to be very selfish and vain. They focus on themselves and how they feel, how they look, how they should feel, how people should view them and accept them and make THIER life easier. They dismiss the emotions of their families and view anything other than "rah-rah" yay my kid is gay and likes to dress like a girl and be called them and they as hatred and denial.

Regardless of your belief system or lack thereof, there are certain TRUTHS that are not opinions and are unchangeable those are called VIRTUES. There is nothing virtuous about transgenderism. There is nothing virtuous in homosexuality. There is nothing virtuous in promiscuity. There is nothing virtuous in hatred or blame or violence towards others.

Having a member of your family tell you that they are gay or trans or gender fluid, etc., is a tragic day because that is the day when that person publicly declares that there is nothing more important in this world (or the next, for those of faith) that is worth the struggle to deny their basest instincts.

I know that people will disagree with me, but that is their journey. Let them choose their path and live it, but don't expect anyone else to cheer you on and don't turn around and judge them because they don't.

Old 12-27-2016, 06:06 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,043,981 times
There is nothing that my children could do that would cause me to love them less or not accept them as my own. I couldn't possibly care less about their sexual orientation, they're my children no matter who they love and I'll stand toe to toe with anyone who threatens them or degrades them because of anything like that.

I'm not sure I could handle them growing up to be left wing democrats but that's just something a father has to deal with I guess.

Old 12-27-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Our sexuality is not all of who we. There's lots of things that that your child probably is that is not LGBTQ. Cook? Garden? Volunteer? Got to museums? Scrapbook? Volunteer? Connect over that.

You may benefit from talking to a counselor about this. One of the hardest things to do is to let our children go and live a life of their own. Just because your religious views prevent you from seeing the value in your child, doesn't mean it's not there.

Try to find out.

Whenever I get mad at one my kids, I imagine who I want surrounding me when the time comes to drift off.

My heart goes out to you.

Thank you for your kindness. You have struck a chord because my child is very artistic and has many facets to thier personality. At least until 2 years ago when he became a totally different person. At that point he came out as gay. But now they only speaks about trans and spends their days taking selfies of themselves wearing dresses and makeup. They only talks about getting sex. They have already been arrested for stealing and has been hospitalized for a breakdown. They were/is abusing alcohol and drugs and although getting "treatment" they have become a one note shell of their former self.

See how stupid it is to write about a person using they/them??? Does that not scream mental illness.

I have no issue with letting my children go and lead their own lives. I am heartbroken that this particular child has become someone I see as a tragic figure who has disconnected with reality and a future and instead has become nothing more than a shallow them/they with no joy, no desire to engage in anything outside of this LGBTQ lifestyle and has no interest in contributing to society or making a positive impact on anything or anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies