Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you accept your child if they came out as LGBT?
Yes, I would accept them 213 72.70%
I might have difficulty accepting them, but I will try 24 8.19%
I would accept it if they were gay or bisexual, but not if they were trans* 11 3.75%
I could not accept it 45 15.36%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 02:48 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,977,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
This has more in common with Satanism than it does Christianity. You are effectively saying that the Word of God is false, that it can be picked and chosen from like a buffet to fit the desire of the reader. This is contrary to the Word of God and creates numerous conflicts within the Bible itself to even proclaim. This means the Bible is worthless and man just makes up what they like about the Word of God and lives as they feel is best.

Warning to all, this is not the message of Christ, following this message will lead you away from God. You were warned.
I'd still really like to read the Word of God, through Christ, that mentions homosexuality. I'm not going to read the entire bible to find it. Can you quote some direct passages for those who have never seen such words? Again, curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 02:50 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
I'd still really like to read the Word of God, through Christ, that mentions homosexuality. I'm not going to read the entire bible to find it. Can you quote some direct passages for those who have never seen such words? Again, curious.
I would appreciate that as well. I've researched this several times and never found anything.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:09 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,656,423 times
Quote:
The New Testament barely mentions anything related to homosexuality, and nothing directly, apparently.

https://www.westarinstitute.org/reso...homosexuality/

You're not going to find Jesus saying anything about it in those books.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:19 PM

778 posts, read 339,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So your children are not charitable, diligent, patient, or kind?

I can see why you are heartbroken.

What are their qualities/virtues?
As of late, their qualities (speaking of only one child) is vanity, selfishness, sloth, hedonism and hatred.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

I implore you to find a way to come to terms with this as soon as possible. This is person is still the child you gave birth to and they need you because you are their parent and guide. Imagine getting a call in the middle of the night that your child has died in a car accident. Does their sexual preference seem so important then?

Praying for you and your child.
I have already gotten that call and was there with love. As I said, it is not about disowning my child. It is about the heartbreak of having given birth to a stranger. Someone who has no vestiges of the person I knew for the last 2 decades. I truly appreciate your prayers. Thank you.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:25 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,598 times
I'm not really supportive of homosexuality or transsexuality, but I wouldn't stop loving my children if they were of that type. That said, I'm thankful that my children are straight since I hope to have biological grandchildren one day.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
This is the saddest, most ignorant comment I've seen on CD forums, and I've been on for some 8 years.

"Baser Instincts"—?

I assume with this plum phrase that you go to bed fully clothed, and have sex with your SO under precise circumstances (to procreate), so as not to indulge your baser instincts.

If the world were made up primarily of nonheterosexual individuals, would you, as a supposedly "straight" person having a sexual encounter with the opposite sex, see yourself as indulging your "baser instincts"?

Perhaps Basic Instincts a more intelligent term?

And finally, exactly who is demanding that society operate within THEIR universe? Instead of spouting such ignorant claims, please elaborate with specifics.

ETA: I sincerely hope you have no kids.
I do have kids, I sincerely wish you a happy life and thanks for your "award." Your assumptions are purely that. I will take your divisive response as a disagreement with my terminology and little more.

Those baser instincts are within all humans, I never said differently.

Why are you so angry at my opinion? Nothing I have said is directed to you or about you, yet you pounce on me like I said "your mother wears army boots."

As usual, this issue is yours and projecting doesn't change that.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:

How did Jesus view the Old Testament? - bethinking.org

As you can see, Jesus viewed the word of God as "indestructible" and Jesus referred to the Old Testament when asking, "Have you not read that which was spoken to you by God?"

Sounds to me like Jesus knew what God has deemed an abomination and supported it fully?

I am not a Christian, but my understanding is that those who are have proclaimed that Jesus is the Messiah and that those who follow His words are "Christians."

Old 12-28-2016, 04:40 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I've posted several fact bearing links which you've chosen to ignore. Like I said, I've dealt with your type before. You can lead a horse to water...
But you can't force your BS down his throat

Old 12-28-2016, 04:43 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
As of late, their qualities (speaking of only one child) is vanity, selfishness, sloth, hedonism and hatred.
Then hang in there. You raised this child with love and that will eventually win out.

19 is a dreadful age. They are rebelling and trying to find out who they are separate from you. It seems as if the kids who know they are loved to the moon and back and nothing they will ever do can change that, that you will always be there of them... well, they seem the ones who are are the most dreadful because they are secure in your love. Roots and all, you know.

So the more this child is selfish, lazy, self-centered... the more they know that they can count on your love and that will never change.

I know it is discouraging. Our kids made fun of the way we lived, what we did, what we believed was important. I can tell you how many times I wanted to slap them.

Take heart, in a couple years they settle down and by their mid-twenties they come back to how they were raised.

When our youngest was filing out college applications, she asked me to write a reference for her. I am ashamed to say I wrote two pages about how she was self-centered, unkind, rude... Fortunately, we threw that letter away.

She's in her thirties now and practically my clone. (Don't tell her. )

Hang in there. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, but it takes awhile.

“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.
― Mark Twain

Hugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies