Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you accept your child if they came out as LGBT?
Yes, I would accept them 213 72.70%
I might have difficulty accepting them, but I will try 24 8.19%
I would accept it if they were gay or bisexual, but not if they were trans* 11 3.75%
I could not accept it 45 15.36%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 04:21 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
Meet more of them than the 2 or 3 you know. When you've worked in the club business you end up meeting several. To assume they all have similar stories is patently ridiculous, as well as untrue. I mean really, to say all gay people are "born that way" is like saying all black people love "soul food". One idea is just as prejudiced as the other.
Weren't all Blacks born "Black"? Or did they turn Black once they were turned Black by other Blacks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

What you argued in talking about experimentation, is about sex, not sexuality. No different than the guy who wants to get laid at last call who takes home the ugly girl.

Therefore, there is no myth, you are simply using the broadest definition of "gay" as possible.
More females will admit to "experimentation" than males.

Very few are 100% Heterosexual in nature .. My estimate is about 15% of the total population is strictly Homosexual, about the same is strictly Heterosexual, 70% is somewhere in between, a small percentage is true Asexual in nature.

Old 12-25-2016, 04:34 PM

638 posts, read 310,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
...a small percentage is true Asexual in nature.
Leave my wife OUT of this!

Old 12-25-2016, 04:35 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
More females will admit to "experimentation" than males.

Very few are 100% Heterosexual in nature .. My estimate is about 15% of the total population is strictly Homosexual, about the same is strictly Heterosexual, 70% is somewhere in between, a small percentage is true Asexual in nature.
You subscribe to the Kinsey Scale Theory, thats fine, I do too. But in this conversation, im just trying to combat the sophomoric statement that sex = attraction, when in reality it clearly does not.

Old 12-25-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You subscribe to the Kinsey Scale Theory, thats fine, I do too. But in this conversation, im just trying to combat the sophomoric statement that sex = attraction, when in reality it clearly does not.
If you are talking raw Sex and Attraction then yes they have nothing to do with each other.

Old 12-25-2016, 05:29 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
I don't have a child, but I would accept it.

Old 12-25-2016, 05:58 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,835,116 times
If my child acted like a normal human being, I'd be fine. But if he / she acted like some stereotype like Magic Johnson's 'son', I'd have a hard time not looking at them like they are trying to be some cartoon type character.

Old 12-25-2016, 06:01 PM

638 posts, read 310,562 times
Quote:
Weren't all Blacks born "Black"? Or did they turn Black once they were turned Black by other Blacks?
That all depends. If they're mixed race are they really black? Are they really white? If you ask some folks they could spend days on it.

Are any of us really who we say we are? We can't be certain without proper DNA testing. I know I'm not certain. The proof required to get an ID in this country is laughable.

Old 12-25-2016, 09:33 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
"Work with", "on a board", and live next to. You know these people about as well as I know my mailman. That's precisely my point.
I'm 28, I don't have many close friends who are in their 50s which is the age range you gave. Stop moving goalposts.

I was quite close with my downstairs neighbors. We shared a two family house and we shared a porch, so we spent many hours chatting. As one of the couples' health declined, we spent more time visiting along with their family who visited frequently. When she passed away two winters ago, the funeral home was standing room only.

Again, what is your point?

Old 12-25-2016, 10:03 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post

Roaddog, if your child was schizophrenic (a true mental disorder), no amount of a healthy upbringing would have cured his ills. His tendencies would have still surfaced, controlled by medication, of course. If your child was born gay, they would still be gay now. They may play the part they want you to believe in front of you, but it would not change who they really are attracted to.
Nobody is born gay, no gay gene no dna test no nothing, it's a man created social mental disorder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies