Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 12:27 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,926,636 times

Advertisements

As a 64 year old curmudgeon, I can admit that the whole "trans" topic kinda creeps me out. However, I have seen enough and read enough to know that most of these people are in real pain, pain that we might not be able to understand. We are always learning new things about the human psyche. Forget the 19th century, just 25 years ago it was an accepted practice to mock "queers" openly. Now, gay marriage is the law of the land in most places. It is a challenge to our "normalcy bias" to have to make accommodations for trans people, just as it was and is a challenge for many to accept gays and lesbians. I always try to think about these things from the standpoint of "what if it was my kid"? That way we can bring a little more compassion to the conversation and realize that these are just people trying to live THEIR lives as best they can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 12:28 PM

649 posts, read 316,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
In the 21st century it is considered natural and normal for some boys to have vaginas, and some girls to have penises.
Good Lord , did you really just say that , natural & normal ???

Old 12-28-2016, 12:37 PM

243 posts, read 220,670 times
If you want to have a sex change I'm fine with that . If your gay I'm fine with that . If you want to have a sex change , just to be gay , I don't care, none of my bussiness.

But how does an 8 year old decide they want to be a different sex?? This I don't understand? 8 , thats maybe 3rd grade ????? This says alot about the parents if you ask me .

Old 12-28-2016, 12:39 PM

325 posts, read 153,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Basically the "boy" was born a girl. His/Her birth certificate says female. Boy Scouts says they make decisions based off the birth certificate.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cub-scout...171745383.html
Boy Scouts lost all my support when they decided to let homosexuals be leaders for a pack of boys...no way I am sending my kids into that group. We will join Trail Life USA when time comes IF it comes.

Old 12-28-2016, 12:42 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,985,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggerlee666 View Post
You belong in the 19th century, both of you.
Ill take that as a compliment.

Old 12-28-2016, 12:47 PM

17,003 posts, read 12,586,399 times
I feel for the kid as there are clearly issues but.. not a boy.

Old 12-28-2016, 02:07 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,086,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
As a 64 year old curmudgeon, I can admit that the whole "trans" topic kinda creeps me out. However, I have seen enough and read enough to know that most of these people are in real pain, pain that we might not be able to understand. We are always learning new things about the human psyche. Forget the 19th century, just 25 years ago it was an accepted practice to mock "queers" openly. Now, gay marriage is the law of the land in most places. It is a challenge to our "normalcy bias" to have to make accommodations for trans people, just as it was and is a challenge for many to accept gays and lesbians. I always try to think about these things from the standpoint of "what if it was my kid"? That way we can bring a little more compassion to the conversation and realize that these are just people trying to live THEIR lives as best they can.
If the problem is in their head, why is the approach to mutilate the body? Get these creatures the psychological assistance they need, not slice and dice them, put dudes in a dress, and demand the rest of us go along with the insanity. If the help doesn't work, then institutionalize them away from normal people.

As to the story, it is certainly not a boy and has no business in Scouting.

Old 12-28-2016, 02:10 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
Good Lord , did you really just say that , natural & normal ???
Do you contest the fact that Trans genders are abnormal/unnatural or do you just not understand the English language?

Old 12-28-2016, 02:14 PM

638 posts, read 310,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Basically the "boy" was born a girl. His/Her birth certificate says female. Boy Scouts says they make decisions based off the birth certificate.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cub-scout...171745383.html
Is that how the language goes? Because I've been lost since "Tootsie" first showed up in theaters.

"Transgender boy" means girl. Ok. You say "born a girl", I say "girl with mentally disturbed parents".

Old 12-28-2016, 02:18 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,988,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Why is that? Do people in the 19th century have brains that they actually use to logically establish a point?
It seems so. Clearly some people in THIS century have no such organ

Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
In the 21st century it is considered natural and normal for some boys to have vaginas, and some girls to have penises.
Maybe in your century, not in mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies