Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2017, 06:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The dense one is you.

The fence envisioned by the secure fence act was barely started, and certainly not completed.
613 miles of 700 completed, which is nearly 90%. Feel free to call is "barely started". First you said it was not built at all, so I guess your view is evolving
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 06:13 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,450,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
So now that Nutty Don is asking the people of the US to pay for the Wall, 3 subcontractors have placed liens on his DC hotel. He did not pay his bills.

This folks is what will happen as the GOP and Nutty Don put a budget in place with a 1 Trillion dollar deficit.

He will use other peoples money (your money that is) to fund all sorts of BS, leading the country to financial ruin.
Look to protect those 401k's now. The GOP gave us 2008 after only 9 years, next one could come sooner.
Illegals will build the wall cheap -- and be allowed to stay here if they do.

I like that idea.

I'm sure there are many more possibilities.

All you have to do is have an imagination.

Liberals need not apply when it comes to that!

Old 01-06-2017, 06:14 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,590,175 times
Quote:
The fencing will finally get built, and many other actions will be taken against illegals.

Mexico will pay indirectly by not being so easily able to dump its problems on us.

That's good enough for me.

It certainly would not have happened under Hillary or Bernie, that's for sure.
Okay great for your xeno um, I mean immigration worries.

Now how about that 7 trillion (projected) deficit budget ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUVozPaCLXw

So much for fiscal responsibility.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:15 AM

8,446 posts, read 4,765,180 times
I thought the plan all along was to have us build and initially fund any border wall or barrier and then recoup those expenditures through taxation on remittances and various border fees.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:16 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,890,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
613 miles of 700 completed, which is nearly 90%. Feel free to call is "barely started". First you said it was not built at all, so I guess your view is evolving
613 miles completed but its not really "completed" because if it was truly completed, it would let zero people in.... the original plan squeezed the illegals through certain corridors which is good because the entire border was leaking out... now the "new" border wall is going to close those corridors which haven't even started yet...

Old 01-06-2017, 06:17 AM

16,766 posts, read 8,239,624 times
Quote:
Any wires going to Mexico get taxed.

Simple.

As for hiring, mandatory E-Verify is part of Trump's plan.
So any corporation sending funds to its Mexican subsidies will be taxed, that is a good idea. It will never happen.

Mandatory E-verify is the law of the land.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Okay great for your xeno um, I mean immigration worries.

Now how about that 7 trillion (projected) deficit budget ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUVozPaCLXw

So much for fiscal responsibility.
As an independent, this irritates me most about the GOP. They keep harping about the Dems spending, and EVERY TIME they are in power they spend the same, or more. At least Dems admit they plan to spend, but GOP always does it against their own principles. Hats off the Rand Paul. I always supported his father for making these kinds of speeches.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:19 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,450,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You all need to get a clue on the modern world of e-commerce and banking. If such an idiotic thing were ever done, all they would have to do is transfer via a third country.
When it crosses into Mexico from anywhere, it gets taxed. That shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
E-verify is OK, but in AZ they get around it in construction at least by using subs who don't bother.
They don't bother because it's not mandatory.

When it is mandatory, they will bother.

Quote:
There are not enough construction workers here even with the illegals.
Of course there aren't. Americans don't want to get paid what illegals get paid.

Quote:
No one but the bigots really wants to send the working ones back.
No one but people disloyal to this country, its citizens and its laws wants illegals to stay here lowering wages for Americans, taking their jobs, and burdening our schools, prisons and hospitals.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:19 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,816,346 times
Unless they have a rope

During a town-hall meeting in New Hampshire on Wednesday, Donald Trump said if elected president he would build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border so tall that no one could scale it—or would regret it if they did. “Once they get up there,” he said, “there will be no way to get down. Well, maybe a rope, but...”

Old 01-06-2017, 06:20 AM

16,766 posts, read 8,239,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I thought the plan all along was to have us build and initially fund any border wall or barrier and then recoup those expenditures through taxation on remittances and various border fees.
Kind of like tolls. Which never end and create a large bureaucracy which needs to be funded. Which creates larger Government, sounds like cut off your nose to spite your face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies