Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2017, 07:53 PM

37,100 posts, read 41,233,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
No one is trying to control other people's lives. The problem is that some men think that it's okay to claim that they identify as women to be allowed into the women's change room at the swimming pool. That's is not okay, as it infringes on the rights of all the authentic women and girls who are changing into swimsuits at the pool.
How does it infringe on anyone else's rights? The folks (mostly males, it seems) who are so bent out of shape about transgender women using bathrooms and locker rooms seem to think that transgender women love to parade around in the nude and display male genitalia.

I have never seen anyone in a public restroom parading around nude, and my experience with locker rooms is that women change in the toilet cubicles. They do not parade around nude there, either.

The one case mentioned earlier was a person in a sauna, and if anyone saw her it was because the person looking was invading the privacy of the one in the sauna.

Quote:
Good point. Everyone using the female toilet needs to sit. Men are so messy with spray, and shaking on the walls. That's a disgusting addition to the female toilet that women should not be expected to tolerate.
I clean the bathroom at DH's office. Unfortunately, that situation is very true. Also unfortunately, it is a unisex facility. That means females have to deal with it.

I think you will find most transgender women sit to pee, even if they have not had surgery.

Quote:
It is politically incorrect today to produce research that demonstrates that adult men who want to dress as, or appear as, women are actually not women, but rather men who have a fragile mental states.
Nope, that is just where the science leads today. Their natal sex might be one thing and their brains tell them their gender is different. There is no psychotherapy that will change their gender identity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastion79 View Post
The sun rises in the east, sets in the west. Water is wet, the sky is blue, 2+2=4.......and people who are self-loathing enough to want their genitals surgically transformed into those of the opposite sex are inherently unstable emotionally. Mentally unstable people are best kept away from children.

Citation request granted. You're welcome.
That is your opinion. There is no evidence that transgender people are dangerous to children. They are transgender, not pedophiles. Conflating the two just demonstrates ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 07:55 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post
Which of the 2 words confuses you?
Ambiguous genitalia - Mayo Clinic
Were you confused too? Is that why you had to look it up? outed

As far as the tread topic is concerned here is the OPs point
"He, (and I will call him he) obviously seems to feel like being a woman, but assuming you believe it's really a legitimate thing, what is the difference between someone who should be considered transgendered and someone that just has other issues?"

Now do you understand why I asked the question? Go ahead pop off again, this is fun.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:03 PM

636 posts, read 392,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Were you confused too? Is that why you had to look it up? outed

Quote:
this is fun.
About as much fun as playing chess with a pigeon.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:10 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,083,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Take this person for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd3b3b8T2mQ

He, (and I will call him he) obviously seems to feel like being a woman, but assuming you believe it's really a legitimate thing, what is the difference between someone who should be considered transgendered and someone that just has other issues?

If, say, a guy such as in the aforementioned video who does a few things to look for like a woman and says they are a woman but is CLEARLY of the male sex albeit with no hormone replacements or what have you say they are female should we just go along with it? Should they have to do everything possible converting one's sex before they should be calling them what they say they are, or somewhere inbetween?

I may get some flack for this, but as a woman I know I would never accept at least what that person above a woman, no matter how much he may view himself female.

Tell you what...

I'd be willing to make a deal with the progressive lib's out there who think anyone should be able to declare themselves to be any gender, color, species etc to their little hearts desire.

Have at it.....marry your washing machine and make yourself eligible for spousal benefits from Whirlpool Corp. for all I care.

But this freedom comes with a price....

The end of all racial, sexual, gender and appliance based preferences, scholarships, quotas, hate crime victim status, affirmative action. rent controls, tax breaks, special bathroom facilities at taxpayer expense, mandatory sensitivity training for anyone who might not recognize which one of the 58 genders your are supposed to be and inadvertently calls you by Zir instead of Ze, HUD housing and any and all other benefits that are based on they way you look, feel, or imagine yourself to be that is in any way shape or form different than the average white male.

Deal?

Old 01-07-2017, 09:07 PM

88,978 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I have never seen anyone in a public restroom parading around nude, and my experience with locker rooms is that women change in the toilet cubicles. They do not parade around nude there, either.
As if schools with thousands of students have hundreds of toilet cubicles in the gym locker/shower rooms.

How deluded ARE you?

Old 01-07-2017, 09:17 PM

37,100 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
As if schools with thousands of students have hundreds of toilet cubicles in the gym locker/shower rooms.

How deluded ARE you?
There will be hundreds of transgender kids in the locker room at one time?

Are all of the toilets out in the open with no doors on them? Not in any school I have ever been in.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:20 PM

636 posts, read 392,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

How deluded ARE you?
You had much bigger gym classes than I did

Old 01-07-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There will be hundreds of transgender kids in the locker room at one time?
There are hundreds of students of a single gender in the school gym locker/shower room at the same time. Throw an anatomically opposite gender student into the mix, and you've got a problem. These are MINORS.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post
You had much bigger gym classes than I did
Illinois requires 4 years of gym to graduate high school, including at least one year of swimming in schools with swimming pools.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:28 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,084,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Take this person for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd3b3b8T2mQ

He, (and I will call him he) obviously seems to feel like being a woman, but assuming you believe it's really a legitimate thing, what is the difference between someone who should be considered transgendered and someone that just has other issues?

If, say, a guy such as in the aforementioned video who does a few things to look for like a woman and says they are a woman but is CLEARLY of the male sex albeit with no hormone replacements or what have you say they are female should we just go along with it? Should they have to do everything possible converting one's sex before they should be calling them what they say they are, or somewhere inbetween?

I may get some flack for this, but as a woman I know I would never accept at least what that person above a woman, no matter how much he may view himself female.
Well, you were right-on when Bush was prez, but Obama opened up the US to a different view. That view is if you got a penis and say your a woman, then your a woman. If you got a vagina and say your a man, then your a man. Thanks Obama for a job well done!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies