Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2017, 09:17 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
We have moved beyond truth, we are in a "post-truth era." It does't matter what is true or not, what there is evidence to support or refute. All that matters is what you believe in your heart?

Or haven't you heard?
Wise words sir/mam. It's who can give the best propaganda line and right now Kelly Anne Conway is the M Jordan of propaganda. Even a lefty like me wants one of those goofy hats now. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
And your guy is losing the Presidency even before taking office. The narrative of him being a poor choice and a weirdo, has now taken hold and the steady drip drip of this story coupled with all the other business conflicts stories/scandals yet to come, will be an anchor around his neck for 4 years, and do serious damage to both his reputation and ability to govern.

He is toast before he even occupies the WH!

By 2020 anyone not named Trump will be a shoo in.
All we need is the midterms..... All we need is one branch. Then it's on like donkey Kong.....

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
You seem pretty adamant that it is not true. What would be a good indicator is Trump's first news conference tomorrow. If he cancels it, you are going to be pretty depressed.
I'll be 'aight'. Though, I wouldn't personally use that news conference as evidence of anything, as this is a big deal whether or not it is true. CNN has gone all in, and all parties necessarily are going to adjust their behavior in response.

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
honestly this just sounds like more false hope to obstruct Trumps presidency.

They've been doing one wild allegation after another for the last 2 months now.

Trump followers don't care for wild allegations? Who knew?

Old 01-10-2017, 09:23 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,745,260 times
Love the liberal dopes lapping this up like manna from heaven.....4chan says hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump followers don't care for wild allegations? Who knew?
Pizza gate.... Tin foil. Emails. Be ghaziiii. Whatever works to win all branches of government.

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Wise words sir/mam. It's who can give the best propaganda line and right now Kelly Anne Conway is the M Jordan of propaganda. Even a lefty like me wants one of those goofy hats now. Lol
Kellyanne's shtick is wearing thin and not intimidating reporters like it used to.

If you want to wear the red hat, I see where you can get them with MAGA in Russian.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:24 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,588 times
I would obviously love to believe this but seeing as I'm a "pics or it didn't happen" kind of person, I'm not holding my breath.

You know how the news loves to lie about politics.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:25 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Stay tuned my friend. Republicans are in power and they dare not weaken themselves by cannibalizing their own . It would show weakness and they would get crushed in the midterms . Pissed off 30 percent (Trump dead enders) and a massive Obama, Clinton and Bernie coalition...... Trump is the leader of the party and they won't turn on him.
You are so right. Strike one would be that very few Republicans REALLY wanted Trump in there in the first place, he was shoved down their throats. They say they are behind him now, because they have no choice. They would dump him in a heartbeat if the conditions were right.

Strike two would be the GOP wanting to keep control of things and also lock up 2020. They do not want the American people to turn against them in large enough numbers to put a Dem or Lib back in the WH. We all know Trump had help winning by the apathy of Democratic voters.........we thought we had it in the bag, so tons of us never showed up to vote. Now that we have had our butts kicked, that will never happen in 2020........EVERYONE will be voting then.

Things are going to get very interesting here in the near future.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:26 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
Quote:
Same here. I'm into factual info and investigative journalism. I noticed a change in the country. Plenty of MAGA stickers and spray paint and intimidation of those who dissent. My Trump supporting friends don't care if is a Russian puppet as long as they WIN elections and hold power. Period. That's scary stuff.
Not so much. They're just refusing to play the lib game that would have them sacrifice their perceived interests because the libs have called them or their candidate a name.

First it was 'racist', then 'sexist, and now when that didn't work it's 'Russian agent'. The game is long over, and the only issue is that the libs keep upping the ante because they aren't getting the response that they are expecting from the people who have more or less stopped playing by their rules.

It's not that this sort of thing did not once work, as it did for decades, it's only that this particular game was relied on for too long and, to the consternation of the libs, it lost its effectiveness before they were ready for it to.

Think of it this way: if you really wanted your friends to flinch at the prospect of the opposition of accusing them of being supporters of a Russian agent, then perhaps the Hitler accusations aimed toward their candidates should have ceased decades ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies