Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2017, 09:26 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,036,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

Apparently, though it's not confirmed, Trump was fed all kinds of stuff on Hillary in return for some quid pro quo potential RE deals. That's treasonous, surely.
You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Please refer to Article III, Section 3, Clause 1, U.S. Constitution:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Constitution of the United States of America

Section 3

1: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Obviously, given the definition of the word "treason" as set forth in the Constitution, the United States must be in a state of war, and a person must either directly levy war against the U.S., or adhere to or render aid and comfort to the enemies of the U.S. during said conflict, in order to be guilty of that offense.

As no state of war exists between the United States and the Russian Federation, no charge of treason may be brought, at least in this particular case.

Didja ever notice how, for some people, every little transgression amounts to "treason?" It happens all the time nowadays, and it's getting a tad comical, even if it's causing the word to lose any semblance of meaning.

"That joker didn't signal before changing lanes! He's guilty of treason! He should be in Leavenworth!"

"I hate those treasonous people who failed to RSVP for Little Willoughdene's third birthday party! They should be strung up for the enemies of the state that they are!"

"Look, Tillie! That woman over there is eating her salad with her oyster fork! She should be brought up on charges of treason! Where are my tar and feathers?"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 09:26 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Pizza gate.... Tin foil. Emails. Be ghaziiii. Whatever works to win all branches of government.
Exactly. It makes no difference if it is true or not. It's whether people to believe it or not.

Trump followers believe he's being framed.

Everyone else is coming to the conclusion he's a Russian stooge.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:27 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Kellyanne's shtick is wearing thin and not intimidating reporters like it used to.

If you want to wear the red hat, I see where you can get them with MAGA in Russian.
I feel like I'm losing my rational mind when watch Conway and Guliani. I have never seen somebody so skilled at propaganda . It's like watching Phelps swim or LeBron James win a championship. She could convince an Eskimo to vote against ice. It's amazing to watch.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:28 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
Default DNC hackers were paid by Trump team as well as Russia?

Allegedly, his lawyers met with Kremlin contacts to work out ways to pay hackers.

Six major allegations levelled by Trump spy memos

Old 01-10-2017, 09:29 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Please refer to Article III, Section 3, Clause 1, U.S. Constitution:

Obviously, given the definition of the word "treason" as set forth in the Constitution, the United States must be in a state of war, and a person must either directly levy war against the U.S., or adhere to or render aid and comfort to the enemies of the U.S. during said conflict, in order to be guilty of that offense.

As no state of war exists between the United States and the Russian Federation, no charge of treason may be brought, at least in this particular case.

Didja ever notice how, for some people, every little transgression amounts to "treason?" It happens all the time nowadays, and it's getting a tad comical, even if it's causing the word to lose any semblance of meaning.

"That joker didn't signal before changing lanes! He's guilty of treason! He should be in Leavenworth!"

"I hate those treasonous people who failed to RSVP for Little Willoughdene's third birthday party! They should be strung up for the enemies of the state that they are!"

"Look, Tillie! That woman over there is eating her salad with her oyster fork! She should be brought up on charges of treason! Where are my tar and feathers?"

Yes, I am engaging in a little hyperbole. Your powers of observation are super. Shoot me.

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post

Seems a bit over the top.

Treason talk will come when Trump starts pushing for lifting the sanctions. You know it's coming.

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Allegedly, his lawyers met with Kremlin contacts to work out ways to pay hackers.

Doubtful. I think the 45 page memo thing is a bunch of false information to cover up actual occurrences. Common propaganda technique.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:31 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

If that's true it can be verified. If it isn't verified by end of this week it is all BS

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You are so right. Strike one would be that very few Republicans REALLY wanted Trump in there in the first place, he was shoved down their throats. They say they are behind him now, because they have no choice. They would dump him in a heartbeat if the conditions were right.

Strike two would be the GOP wanting to keep control of things and also lock up 2020. They do not want the American people to turn against them in large enough numbers to put a Dem or Lib back in the WH. We all know Trump had help winning by the apathy of Democratic voters.........we thought we had it in the bag, so tons of us never showed up to vote. Now that we have had our butts kicked, that will never happen in 2020........EVERYONE will be voting then.

Things are going to get very interesting here in the near future.
I agree 100 percent . Apathy crushed the left. That won't happen in 2018. No way the Republicans weaken the executive branch

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
So, we're saying that either Russia has some dirt on Trump, or that 4chan kiddies fooled the FBI, the CIA, and John McCain.

Either way, this is a cracking good story.

And believable, because Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies