Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2017, 06:52 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Why are you in a pis_ing contest against people with degrees when they aren't a pis_sing contest against you? Just do what you like but why try to take a dig at someone else that chose a different career path and chose to get a degree?

Everyone has different likes/dislikes/skills/talents/strengths/weaknesses. Quit looking over your shoulder trying to out-do the other person that took the college route.
I went to college. I didn't burry myself in debt like those who foolishly did for a piece of paper. I find it foolish to do. I'm not trying to out do. I've out done them. For example aside from my sister, I can use my cousin as a prime example. Studied law, has no real hands on experience he's a clerk for an attorney made 35k a year his first 2 years. Now he makes 40 something...

I made 45k starting as a diesel tech... And unlike most who had to go that route and fell hook line and sinker for that false reality, I'm not one of the millenials living with mom and dad...

What can't be opposed to foolish financial choices? Makes me look down on others because I'm a realist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 07:03 PM

421 posts, read 205,151 times
Trump bump

Old 01-19-2017, 07:05 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Where do all the millennial women live?

Old 01-19-2017, 07:13 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
They bounce from guy to guy.
Want a man who's driving a new car no payments their own house making 6 figures a year. What do they have to offer? Another mans kid to feed.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:23 PM

195 posts, read 161,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
These young men are remaining at home largely because their parents (especially mothers) permit and or even encourage.

Do not forget these "millennial" young men are part of the same "gold star for everyone" demographic. As such often parents have spent their entire lives ensuring lives of this kids goes smoothly as possible. They intervene ahead of and or on behalf of same when anything remotely isn't going the way they think it should. Rather like the way Marie Barone treated her "baby" Raymond.

These are the parents who call and make employment interviews for their kids, and also take care of the follow-up if not show up with them to the point of wanting to actually go into the appointment with their "kid". They hover, helicopter, molly-coddle, and otherwise almost totally absolve their kids (now young adults) of almost taking any personal responsibility.

What many of these young men need is a good swift kick in the pants, and told to grow a pair. You'd be surprised at how fast some young men can find a job and become pretty self-sufficient once access to "Hotel de Mommie & Daddy" has a no vacancy sign on front door.
What about the women that are older living at home? Do they deserve a kick in the pants to?

Old 01-19-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
That's a good question

They certainly have more "options" than a similarly aged young man, ESPECIALLY if they are attractive.

A lot of them also live at home, but the difference is there is no "stigma" against young women living with their parents.

It's an obvious (sexist) double standard, one "conveniently" ignored by the Liberal/feminist crowd

Old 01-19-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scend57 View Post
That's a good question

They certainly have more "options" than a similarly aged young man, ESPECIALLY if they are attractive.

A lot of them also live at home, but the difference is there is no "stigma" against young women living with their parents.

It's an obvious (sexist) double standard, one "conveniently" ignored by the Liberal/feminist crowd
Yeah, that's one thing I have noticed. Despite the economy being so bad it's only young men that are the ones with issues???

Found this interesting:

For First Time In 130 Years, More Young Adults Live With Parents Than With Partners : The Two-Way : NPR

Quote:
In that age group, 32.1 percent of people live in their parents' house, while 31.6 live with a spouse or partner in their own homes and 14 percent live alone, as single parents or in a home with roommates or renters. The rest live with another family member, a nonfamily member or in group-living situations such as a college dorm or prison.

Pew notes that this is not a record high percentage for the number of young people living at home — in 1940, for instance, approximately 35 percent of people in that age range lived at home.
Quote:
American men ages 18-34 live with their parents 35 percent of the time, and with a spouse or partner 28 percent of the time. For women, the numbers are nearly reversed; 35 percent live with a partner, while 29 percent live with their parents.

Last edited by Fratrock; 01-19-2017 at 07:51 PM..

Old 01-19-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post
Yeah, that's one thing I have noticed. Despite the economy being so bad it's only young men that are the ones with issues???

Found this interesting:

For First Time In 130 Years, More Young Adults Live With Parents Than With Partners : The Two-Way : NPR
Liberals/leftists are full of hidden racist/sexist double standards and contradictions that they have no defense for

It's interesting that the "usual suspects" are suddenly very quiet and strangely absent from this thread

Old 01-19-2017, 08:01 PM

31,915 posts, read 26,999,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post
What about the women that are older living at home? Do they deserve a kick in the pants to?

Girls are different, you know that.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Girls are different, you know that.
Uhh...Not sure if you're being facetious. But I thought we were supposed to be equal? But it's somehow more okay for women to be lazy/mooch than men?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies