Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 10:26 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,755,561 times

Advertisements

It would have been so great if the press corps shut down their cameras and walked out in the middle of Sean Spicer yesterday. Kellyanne would be exploding right now.

Every time I hear Sean Spicer spit out "Period!" I think of Animal House and the "Pledge Pin!"

Old 01-22-2017, 10:28 AM

13,596 posts, read 10,015,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This reminds of the topic based on NBC punditry which made people think Hillary was going to win the election.

How did that work for you?
Lol. We didn't need no stinking punditry to disect for us what we saw and heard with our own eyes.

They L.I.E.D.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:29 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,587,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
"Alternative facts" = RWNJ PC speak for LIES.

SO obvious.

Poor Kelly Anne, having to smile and act like she's not lying when everyone on earth knows she is. And not little insignificant lies, but whoppers.

Let's see how long she sticks around. I'm thinking that somewhere in her being there's a tiny smidjen of integrity that'll lead her to do the right thing and resign.

Don't believe your own eyes! Believe Kelly Anne's lies!!

Don't believe your own eyes! Believe Sean Spicer's lies!

Straight outta the playbook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyPeopleAreSayin View Post
She look like retired ex meth addict/crack hoa who decided to take up heroin and prolly been thru a couple of "trains" here and there, and shes only 49. I cant hate her. She looks like she been thru it all.
Wow. She should stop giving interviews in the cruel daylight.

No amount of sparkly cover up helped today.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:31 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,755,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Don't believe your own eyes! Believe Kelly Anne's lies!!

Don't believe your own eyes! Believe Sean Spicer's lies!

Straight outta the playbook.

Wow. She should stop giving interviews in the cruel daylight.

No amount of sparkly cover up helped today.
Kellyanne needs her nutcracker outfit to distract along with her "Alternative Facts".

Old 01-22-2017, 10:31 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,227,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
There is not waking up from stupidity and lack of common sense. It's incurable but thankfully not contagious.
At the rate that stupidity and lack of common sense seem to be spreading, I'm not so sure that they're not contagious.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:40 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,818,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Well, this is the new normal. When you blatantly lie, like this administration is seemingly going to do, you have to come up with a new phrase for your lies. Today Kellyanne Conway, referencing the lies told by Press Secretary Sean Spicer on his estimates of inauguration crowd size, called them "alternative facts".

This is straight out of the Russian playbook, where the government uses propaganda in every press release.

Kudos to Chuck Todd for saying there is no such thing as an "alternative fact", it is actually a falsehood.

Kellyanne Conway: WH Spokesman Gave 'Alternative Facts' on Inauguration Crowd - NBC News
She's the stupidiest person in the world right now. Even 5 year old children are smarter than her.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:41 AM

5,054 posts, read 6,363,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Alternative facts? Oh dear, is it 1984 already?

"The party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

George Orwell, "1984"
Hey, hey, HEY!

Look in your heart. You know we've always been at war with Eastasia.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:49 AM

19,880 posts, read 22,788,323 times
Trump became enraged that the photo difference from Obama vs Trump inauguration showed (proved) that attendance at Trumps paled in comparison, and Spicer was instructed to flat out LIE.

Here's our new President, LIAR in Chief. What an utter embarrassment.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:52 AM

51,671 posts, read 25,923,250 times
Alternative facts? We're talking alternative reality here.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,970,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
KellyAnne used the wrong words to say what she meant unfortunately - and can/should be called out for that (and the fact that she was obviously ill-advised to go on that kind of a program at all - they need to stop doing that because even if everything they say on there is 100% true and supported by overwhelming evidence, they will be said to be lying by apparently half the country).

What I think she meant to convey was more along the lines of our information is quite different so we dispute these claims/allegations. That is IF she discussed it at all - which frankly I don't think she should have .. they pulled a Sarah Palin-like ambush on her and smart as she is, she didn't see it coming in time so she could react the proper way (which was probably to just walk the heck out of there).

This is such a stupid topic anyway. Who the heck cares how many people were there? It was a big set up - and yes, the media is VERY culpable in that - but I am sad to say that Trump and his team are still falling for it. They need to do better in that regard. But, have at it, kiddies ... I say if you 'feel' better when you poke sticks and self-defeat by worrying tiny details that are really of no significance in the long run, whether you are right or not about something that just does not matter one hoot, then Trump is doing you a favour by giving you yet another platform to strut your stuff on. Nice of him I would say. He DOES care about you. How can you possibly deny that?
there are some who just will not give up; they have nothing much to do but spend time blasting his staff for a mistaken remark. As you say, the left and especially the media is so biased they have nothing better to do but dwell on meaningless subjects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies