Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 07:27 AM

30,182 posts, read 11,821,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
The bill before congress now would legally define life as starting at fertilization. This would make most birth control, which has a secondary action of preventing implantation, illegal.
If you are talking about HR 490 the "heartbeat bill" it will never pass. Its patterned after a similar bill in Ohio. It would also not affect birth control, thanks for the fake news. It would ban abortion when a heartbeat can be detected, minimum six weeks after conceiving. So it would not affect birth control products. Its not up for vote, may never be up for vote and if it does will not pass.

These sorts of bills only do two things. It scores points for the congressman who introduced so he can look good to the voters back home. And it gives left leaning groups a fundraising vehicle to raise money to fight this bill

Old 01-23-2017, 07:34 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Sorry, Bill Clinton has been out of office for 16 years now, so no need to bring him up.
I disagree. His wife Hillary, who just ran for POTUS, actively silenced and sought to ruin the victims of her husbands sexual assaults and possible rape to protect her own political aspirations.

That... and she had the gall to recently say that every sexual assault victim deserves a voice with a straight face.

"Today I want to send a message to every survivor of sexual assault," Clinton said. "Don't let anyone silence your voice. You have the right to be heard. You have the right to be believed and we're with you."
Hillary Clinton: Women Should Be Believed When They Claim Rape; "Have To Increase Prevention" | Video | RealClearPolitics

Old 01-23-2017, 07:42 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,744,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
If you are talking about HR 490 the "heartbeat bill" it will never pass. Its patterned after a similar bill in Ohio. It would also not affect birth control, thanks for the fake news. It would ban abortion when a heartbeat can be detected, minimum six weeks after conceiving. So it would not affect birth control products. Its not up for vote, may never be up for vote and if it does will not pass.

These sorts of bills only do two things. It scores points for the congressman who introduced so he can look good to the voters back home. And it gives left leaning groups a fundraising vehicle to raise money to fight this bill
I am not talking about that bill, I posted a link to the bill I am speaking about, MULTIPLE TIMES. It defines life as occurring at fertilization, WHICH WOULD ABSOLUTELY EFFECT BIRTH CONTROL. And regardless of how well you think you can predict the future it is still a THREAT to our rights, which is what the OP asked about.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:43 AM

30,182 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Sorry, Bill Clinton has been out of office for 16 years now, so no need to bring him up.

They feel they lose the right to kill their babies at any given time simply because they decided they do not want it. Many of us feel they dont have the right to decide if an innocent unborn child should live or die. Maybe they should stop using abortions as after-the-fact birth control. (Don't bring up the fraction of a percentage of rape victims, danger of loss of life p and incest victims. No one feels they should be denied).

Other than that, they lose nothing. Trump loves women. He entrusted his daughter to run his. All of the women who work for him say he is a great boss. What he said about women in he past means nothing. He's a guy. That's how we are, even if we know we would never act out on what we say. Nearly every woman I know love him.
Billy boy was just a few electoral votes away from moving back into the white house and we all know what he liked to do in the white house. So its not really old news. The double standard here is pathetic.

I do agree that if you look at how Trump treated women in his companies should be no worry for women's groups. Plus Ivanka is very strong with women's rights and will have a strong say so in how Trumps deals with these issues.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:50 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,757,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
No, women do not have "the exact same choice", women have to worry about pregnancy and all of the negative effects it can have on their health.

Paying child support won't kill you, pregnancy can and does kill.
Just curious...what do you think of the s-l-u-t-s vs studs double standard?

Old 01-23-2017, 07:51 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,441,601 times
I hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
There's that, plus having an avowed woman-molester in office is pretty bizarre.
Funny, the dems didn't care about what Bill Clinton did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Not enough men in jail. Not enough dead babies.
And not enough alimony.

A local alternative newspaper interviewed a young woman -- a street person -- and she said she planned to marry her boy friend who worked in a mortuary because he made good money and she could get alimony from him after she divorced him. Which she planned to do after about a year of marriage.

Of course, she wasn't telling him that.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:55 AM

36,545 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Just this week the GOP introduced a bill that will state life begins at fertilization. Passage of that bill wouldn't just end abortion, it ends use of most hormonal contraceptives like the pill, whose secondary action is to prevent implantation of a fertilized embryo. Many married people also utilize other implantation preventions like the IUD.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...-bill/586?r=13

So the right that is being threatened isn't just access to abortions but our entire ability to control our reproductive lives.
Havent there been similar abortion bills and 100's of bills aimed to restrict abortions submitted to the legislature during the last administration.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:00 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times
The right to tell everyone else what they must do for them.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:31 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Havent there been similar abortion bills and 100's of bills aimed to restrict abortions submitted to the legislature during the last administration.
Yes, they introduced them every year. This is Just business as usual but now the liberals are using it to argue that they are losing rights under Trump.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:49 AM

13,407 posts, read 28,741,978 times
I'm female and I am not losing any sleep worrying about Trump sending me back to the dark ages.

Love him or hate him, Trump is our POTUS, and we should give him a chance. Cripes wait at least 6 months before moaning and teeth gnashing.

Wanting him to fail is like wanting the pilot of the plane you are on to crash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies