Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 11:44 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I value accuracy and precision to the point that many years ago I ignored some threats and took an errant employee to Court due to documents she falsified. My opinion of Trump went way down after the I-met-Putin-in-the-green-room fib for my take is that when folks lie about the little things they are more likely to move on to the big whoppers.

Dishonest media I can handle (again, research, fact-check) and move on to another source. We've only one President.
Being a native new Yorker, we have been privy to his lies and bloviated BS for many years. His birtherism was pathetic and then his HUGE lie abut sending private investigators to Hawaii was over the top. And it's not just the lying, it's his swindling people out of their savings at a bogus university that speaks volumes about this fraud.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:51 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Being a native new Yorker, we have been privy to his lies and bloviated BS for many years. His birtherism was pathetic and then his HUGE lie abut sending private investigators to Hawaii was over the top. And it's not just the lying, it's his swindling people out of their savings at a bogus university that speaks volumes about this fraud.
This brings to mind the comments of my 87 yo stepmother and her 85 yo son-in-law (yes, a May-December marriage in the family). My stepmother did not vote for Obama either time but this time supported Clinton. Likewise, the SIL detested Trump although sadly died before he could vote.

The reasoning? My stepmother was a New Yorker and the SIL from New Jersey. They had long exposure to all the shenanigans.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:52 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
I'm sure an anonymous mid level staffer, is privy to what Donald Trump and Preibus are thinking, knowing and doing, at all times.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:03 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I'm sure an anonymous mid level staffer, is privy to what Donald Trump and Preibus are thinking, knowing and doing, at all times.
Needless to say you need not accept or believe ANYTHING although I would counsel that prior to evaluating information - this or other sources - you apply the correct or accurate framework. The staffer noted in the tweets (all available in the link) that he had minimal direct contact with Trump but (at least for some items) was reporting his boss's comments. As the old expression goes, the devil's in the details.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:07 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
I'm telling you, it's Pence. He's a wily one. I could tell from the moment he accepted the spot on the ticket that he had designs on the Oval Office and a devious streak, and now he's taking Trump down. It's true. I heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend...who saw it on Twitter.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:08 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Reports of chaos in the Trump White House are so widespread and coming from so many disparate sources that they have to be believed.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:18 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Personally, I don't envy folks like Ms. Conway:

"You always want to go by what’s come out of his mouth rather than look at what’s in his heart.”

Old 01-27-2017, 12:22 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I'm telling you, it's Pence. He's a wily one. I could tell from the moment he accepted the spot on the ticket that he had designs on the Oval Office and a devious streak, and now he's taking Trump down. It's true. I heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend...who saw it on Twitter.
Have you seen Pence standing near Trump everywhere he goes with that sly little smirk on his face?

He's the Jedi mind trick of this outfit. (Those are not the Muslims you are looking for......)

Old 01-27-2017, 12:24 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Personally, I don't envy folks like Ms. Conway:

"You always want to go by what’s come out of his mouth rather than look at what’s in his heart.”
Conway is all about securing her and her husband's future employment..

Kellyanne Conway's husband on short list for top US lawyer job
Kellyanne Conway's husband on short list for top US lawyer job - CNNPolitics.com

Old 01-27-2017, 12:27 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,754,421 times
More fake news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies