Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 05:29 AM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
This is exactly what everyone who has dealt with him personally said about him before the election -- for years before he even announced his candidacy in fact -- so yep, this is probably quite accurate.
Come on now. Everyone? And he won the election with a clear mandate? Liberals in denial and it's only going to get harder for them once the reality filters through to their daily lives.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:39 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Liberals laugh at Trump.

While Trump changes their world and has the last laugh.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:19 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I'm a liberal who did not vote for Trump but honest to G*d I hoped for the best. Trump's early rhetoric about bridging the Congressional aisle made sense. He was a voice for the Rust Belt and those who have been overlooked by both parties. Unfortunately, the messenger isn't up to the message.

This may well be "fake news" and the source (Daily Kos) sure isn't up there on the unbiased index. Frankly, though, this may well be the state of affairs. Yellow showers no, this yes.

West Wing leaker goes dark after pulling back the curtain: Trump "irrational", staff "demoralized"

Highlights:

* Trump has no idea how to fix Obamacare. He still doesn't know what a high risk pool is.

* Trump wants to start leaking directly to wikileaks to corner opponents.

* Priebus wants to resign but Ryan so far has talked him out of it.

* There's no idea even how to begin to deal with the difficult terrain issues to build a wall between the US and Mexico.

* He has no interest in or ability to absorb factual background on issues that staff provides.

Hilarious-

One week into the Trump admin. It is going to be a long four years for libs.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:24 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hilarious-

One week into the Trump admin. It is going to be a long four years for libs.
Or rather, a long EIGHT years!

At which point Mike Pence becomes president for ANOTHER eight years.

And then there's Donald Jr. (eight more), Eric (eight more), Ivanka (eight more) and Baron (eight more)....

And then the Trump grandchildren....

Old 01-27-2017, 06:25 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
Only someone doing what they said they would do on the campaign be considered a madman in Washington DC.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:35 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times
Everyone who has any idea of how large organization leadership works, be it in business or government, understands the CEO (in this case the President) sets the agenda and the policy of the organization, then hires competent leaders who do not have to be experts in the specific field, rather just need to be good leaders, to drive the agenda and policy causing those further down the chain of command to implement the agenda and policy based on their expertise more specific to the task at hand. This is known as macromanagement as opposed to micromanagement.

Those of us who have worked in a large corporation setting would generally agree that the macromanagement method of managing is generally much better to work under than is the micromanagement method of managing.

Whether or not you agree with the method, Trump is doing exactly what most good leaders of government or business do. The fact that this has to be spelled out to some of you, especially those who seek any reason to complain about the new executive, is really concerning because it tells me you don't know what good leadership is.

Very seldom does a good leader, be they a CEO, a President or a Governor know the specific details of implementing most or any of the agenda and policy goals. These details are left to construction engineers, IT engineers, accountants, scientists, military generals and admirals, HR managers, etc., all working in their specific fields interpreting the agenda and policy while coming up with a professional plan to implement it.

Again, this is nothing but another attempt to bash Trump, but in this case it is obvious to me that this is coming from some who are ignorant on how corporate and government management structure works.

Take a deep breath and see what happens in the first 180 days. Then, even after that 180 days, many of the agenda items may not be accomplished, but you can damn sure bet the department heads and their senior management have a plan and are working toward accomplishing that plan.

Stop acting like a bunch of petulant, microwave generation children who demand instant results. Heck, he hasn't been in office but a week, in a new job and is still trying to set an agenda and policy yet you want result NOW or else you're going to have a tantrum and demand Trump be impeached based on no criminal charges at all. One can be sure that questioning his mental competence will go nowhere because he won the election and nothing he is doing or saying indicates that he is mentally unstable or incapable. He may be eccentric and he may view and express things differently than you would like, but no matter how many temper tantrums you throw, you could never convince a republican dominated congress to commit political suicide to impeach him absent some clear and provable criminal activity.

Again, that this need be said at all is a bad reflection on you, NOT Trump.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:57 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I'm a liberal who did not vote for Trump but honest to G*d I hoped for the best. Trump's early rhetoric about bridging the Congressional aisle made sense. He was a voice for the Rust Belt and those who have been overlooked by both parties. Unfortunately, the messenger isn't up to the message.

This may well be "fake news" and the source (Daily Kos) sure isn't up there on the unbiased index. Frankly, though, this may well be the state of affairs. Yellow showers no, this yes.

West Wing leaker goes dark after pulling back the curtain: Trump "irrational", staff "demoralized"

Highlights:

* Trump has no idea how to fix Obamacare. He still doesn't know what a high risk pool is.

* Trump wants to start leaking directly to wikileaks to corner opponents.

* Priebus wants to resign but Ryan so far has talked him out of it.

* There's no idea even how to begin to deal with the difficult terrain issues to build a wall between the US and Mexico.

* He has no interest in or ability to absorb factual background on issues that staff provides.
Off the bat, I didn't vote for President Trump & as always, I hope for the best for my Country of origin & Country of choice.

Having said, as a NYer, I've been familiar with our President for decades. In addition to being part of the environs, he's written books about himself, I still have at least 2 on my shelves, the first one I read was 'Art of the Deal'.

Aside from the missing 'Chapter 11' President Trump's 'Art of the Deal' written in 1987, describes his present-day worldview pretty well. Here, summarized:
  1. Academics: “My father could run circles around most academics.”
  2. The Academically Inclined: “It didn’t take me long to realize that there was nothing particularly awesome or exceptional about my classmates.”
  3. Quants: “I don’t hire a lot of number-crunchers.”
  4. Analysts: “I don’t trust fancy marketing surveys.”
  5. Committees: “Committees are what insecure people create in order to put off making hard decisions.”
  6. Consultants: “I like consultants even less than I like committees.”
  7. Public-Relations Experts: “That’s like hiring outside consultants.”
  8. Lawyers: “I don’t like lawyers.”
  9. Stockbrokers: “It’s ridiculous, when you think about it.”

What’s left? Your gut, of course. “Listen to your gut,” Trump intones, “no matter how good something sounds on paper.”

An Ethicist Reads "The Art of the Deal" - The Atlantic

My concerns about President Trump, aside from (from a NYer's perspective) his history of being untrustworthy, are similar to my basic concerns about those representing the American people. Essentially, they are often protected from the decisions they make, unlike the American people.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:09 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,524,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Everyone who has any idea of how large organization leadership works, be it in business or government, understands the CEO (in this case the President) sets the agenda and the policy of the organization, then hires competent leaders who do not have to be experts in the specific field, rather just need to be good leaders, to drive the agenda and policy causing those further down the chain of command to implement the agenda and policy based on their expertise more specific to the task at hand. This is known as macromanagement as opposed to micromanagement.

Those of us who have worked in a large corporation setting would generally agree that the macromanagement method of managing is generally much better to work under than is the micromanagement method of managing.

Whether or not you agree with the method, Trump is doing exactly what most good leaders of government or business do. The fact that this has to be spelled out to some of you, especially those who seek any reason to complain about the new executive, is really concerning because it tells me you don't know what good leadership is.

Very seldom does a good leader, be they a CEO, a President or a Governor know the specific details of implementing most or any of the agenda and policy goals. These details are left to construction engineers, IT engineers, accountants, scientists, military generals and admirals, HR managers, etc., all working in their specific fields interpreting the agenda and policy while coming up with a professional plan to implement it.

Again, this is nothing but another attempt to bash Trump, but in this case it is obvious to me that this is coming from some who are ignorant on how corporate and government management structure works.

Take a deep breath and see what happens in the first 180 days. Then, even after that 180 days, many of the agenda items may not be accomplished, but you can damn sure bet the department heads and their senior management have a plan and are working toward accomplishing that plan.

Stop acting like a bunch of petulant, microwave generation children who demand instant results. Heck, he hasn't been in office but a week, in a new job and is still trying to set an agenda and policy yet you want result NOW or else you're going to have a tantrum and demand Trump be impeached based on no criminal charges at all. One can be sure that questioning his mental competence will go nowhere because he won the election and nothing he is doing or saying indicates that he is mentally unstable or incapable. He may be eccentric and he may view and express things differently than you would like, but no matter how many temper tantrums you throw, you could never convince a republican dominated congress to commit political suicide to impeach him absent some clear and provable criminal activity.

Again, that this need be said at all is a bad reflection on you, NOT Trump.
I can't seem to rep you and do a comment (using scales where a comment can be left...my "rate this post positively worked though), but wanted to say excellent post!
The libs are losing their minds.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:13 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
So let's post this over and over because it perfectly depicts what an idiot is sitting in The Oval Office...
Quote:
TRUMP: It's— look, you know, I have my own ideas. He's not going into Ukraine, okay, just so you understand. He's not gonna go into Ukraine, all right? You can mark it down. You can put it down. You can take it anywhere you want—

STEPHANOPOULOS: Well, he's already there, isn't he?

TRUMP: Okay— well, he's there in a certain way. But I'm not there. You have Obama there. And frankly, that whole part of the world is a mess under Obama with all the strength that you're talking about and all of the power of NATO and all of this. In the meantime, he's going away. He take— takes Crimea. He's sort of, I mean—

STEPHANOPOULOS: But you said you might recognize that.

TRUMP: I'm gonna take a look at it. But you know, the people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia than where they were. And you have to look at that, also. Now, that was under— just so you understand, that was done under Obama's administration.

And as far as the Ukraine is concerned, it's a mess. And that's under the Obama's administration with his strong ties to NATO. So with all of these strong ties to NATO, Ukraine is a mess. Crimea has been taken. Don't blame Donald Trump for that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cf83b93b0bfc

Last edited by sickofnyc; 01-27-2017 at 11:13 AM..

Old 01-27-2017, 10:19 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It's a matter of DAYS!, I tell ya! The world will END!!
Then Y'all can attack Pence.
Which you would.

Liberals remain so "open minded" that their brains have fallen out.
What if Whitehouseleak IS Pence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies