Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 09:38 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times

Advertisements

By every other account Trump is a breath of fresh air in comparison to the reclusive, inattentive Obama. He's being described as "charming".

But your 400 lbs nerd in his Mom's basement made this up and you are just running with it. Embarrassed for you.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:42 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
No. You misunderstand. The election's over and the next one's a long four years away. Still refuse to abandon hope that sane policies will prevail - for that's sure better than the alternative. Oddly enough, my take is "positive" policies may well come from Congress checking Trump's worst tendencies and Trump prevailing against the far right in Congress.

The discomfort comes not from politics or partisanship but from the very conditions that Trump himself creates. Let me say it's no fun at ALL to have gone through 911 (racing to get the kid from daycare with the reported incoming plane then the smoke in the background) only a decade or so later to see a tweet from your new President announcing his nuclear plans in a way that struck me as potentially confrontational right after a Putin announcement. Fortunately, Putin soon comments that he didn't misunderstand and it's all just fine.

Perhaps some have no uncertainty about Trump's abilities but please understand that once HAVING some that does not make for easy reading of the news these days. As for what's BS and what not? Darned if I know but what does it matter for the "truth" will come out - or not. And not to switch topics - but I had the radio on when coming home a few minutes ago from getting fried chicken because of a missed dinner (). The local news station (just basic headlines, weather, no politics) announced that there have been some Russian arrest(s) in connection with the DNC hacking. Just an odd coincidence.

The ignore or not issue does go both ways. But I do agree with you about the choice. So disliking the intense anti-Obama rhetoric, I refused to join my kid and eight - yes eight - house guests who were here for the Women's March. Too early to protest but fussing on a website? Nah. If it let's off steam - you're tough. I read enough crappy one-liner posts.
Wow. You seem really rattled. Take a breath.

If its any consolation, in his interview last night, something which does not appear in the transcripts because apparently whatever was said as they walked around the oval office and the hallways wasn't put in the transcript, David Muir asked Trump how he felt when he was given the nuclear codes. I'm paraphrasing, but Trump said, "It was scary, very scary, but ......I'm ok with that because I know I would do the right thing."

Old 01-26-2017, 09:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Alas, the daily news is driving me to it. That, or drink.
go for the drink, it might ultimately kill your liver, but you wont be driven crazy by the rhetoric from the daily kos, and it tastes better as well.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:49 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
go for the drink, it might ultimately kill your liver, but you wont be driven crazy by the rhetoric from the daily kos, and it tastes better as well.

Just don't drink the Kool-Aid!

Old 01-26-2017, 09:55 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
An anonymous next door neighbor of yours says you lick your arm pits.

What other evidence do we need?

The only people stupid enough to believe stories with no evidence already hate Trump.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:07 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

The only people stupid enough to believe stories with no evidence already hate Trump.
We have TONS of evidence of Gump "licking his armpits". Seriously there isn't a word contained within this article that sounds implausible.

If the leaker had said that:

-Trump likes to spend most of his free time reading Shakespeare.

-Trump is working hard on an Obamacare replacement.

-Trump wants to punish Russia for meddling in our elections.

THEN you can safely dismiss the article as fictional.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:10 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Alas, the daily news is driving me to it. That, or drink.
I don't drink, but I would choose drinking over reading the Daily Kos. One of the most liberal sites out there. You cannot take anything that they write seriously. Remember, these are the same people who were gloating with joy about the "mercenaries" being dragged through the streets and hung to their deaths in Iraq.

http://www.dailykos.com/comments/219...comment_390455
Quote:
Every death should be on the front page Let the people see what war is like. This isn't an Xbox game. There are real repercussions to Bush's folly.

That said, I feel nothing over the death of merceneries. They aren't in Iraq because of orders, or because they are there trying to help the people make Iraq a better place. They are there to wage war for profit. Screw them.
That's who you use as a source?

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 01-26-2017 at 10:21 PM..

Old 01-26-2017, 10:16 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

For heaven's sake, weren't you the poster who was so worked up about Pizza Gate?

Admittedly, it's all gossip. What's interesting is WHY certain folks choose to believe or at least entertain the possibility of one story over another.

A good, good conservative friend was convinced for all eight years that Obama was a secret Muslim but then perhaps her concern was intensified by deeply held and equally conservative religious views that feared Christian persecution here in the US.

Me? Irrespective of policy, I am much more comfortable with the studious approach of a Clinton and don't do well with the conflicting stories that comes from Trump.

So, yes, I find it quite possibly credible that Trump is struggling in his new role and find that "story" far more likely to be close to reality than hidden sex chambers in a DC restaurant.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:22 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Maybe Trump is a fool, maybe he ain't. We'll find out like as in real soon.

Hillary was def bad news and a bald faced liar, too. Sorry; Dems, you people GAVE this election to Trump.
were you on a bender the last year? Trump showed us what he was already, either you like it or you don't.

My view is that he is off his head. Whatever he started taking to get through the election must be strong. He looks addicted , and talks like he is on speed, coke, maybe something new. Whatever the dude comes off like a jackasss when ever he speaks without a script.

Trump in 8 days is making less sense than poor Ronald at the end of 8 years and struggling with dementia.. (that was sad to see him so bad)

as to giving the election , yeah we messed up. Obama should have ordered comey to **** and we should have called Trump out as the liar he really is earlier. Of course Putin should have been publicly called out when they knew. Comey should be up on charges of treason for burying the information on Putin .

Old 01-26-2017, 10:46 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Poor libs. Getting more and more unhinged by the day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies