Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 12:30 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,249 times

Advertisements

cracks me up how liberals moan and cry about "LIES!" from Trump but will believe any and all anti-trump "news" that finds its way to the internet...

Old 01-27-2017, 12:31 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
More fake news.
The trouble is that it's completely, totally, entirely plausible. Seriously, we all, from the most liberal Democrat to the most conservative Republican, know he's half off his rocker.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:31 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
It must be horrible working with or for a serial liar, swindler and sociopath like this birther-in-chief.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:35 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Conway is all about securing her and her husband's future employment..

Kellyanne Conway's husband on short list for top US lawyer job
Kellyanne Conway's husband on short list for top US lawyer job - CNNPolitics.com
I guess, after all, she has the opportunity - motive - means, if that's her goal.

My comment was not all that deep though. I just think it's sad she has to defend his words, actions & past history by claiming to be able to look & perhaps know what's in his heart.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:36 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Have you seen Pence standing near Trump everywhere he goes with that sly little smirk on his face?

He's the Jedi mind trick of this outfit. (Those are not the Muslims you are looking for......)
This comment had my husband in hysterics!

Old 01-27-2017, 12:37 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
The trouble is that it's completely, totally, entirely plausible. Seriously, we all, from the most liberal Democrat to the most conservative Republican, know he's half off his rocker.
Everyone who knows Trump, and isn't bound by a nondisclosure agreement, tells pretty much the same tale.

He's a 70 y/o man and unlikely to change.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:38 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
I guess, after all, she has the opportunity - motive - means, if that's her goal.

My comment was not all that deep though. I just think it's sad she has to defend his words, actions & past history by claiming to be able to look & perhaps know what's in his heart.
Everyone has a price and many people are just void of a conscious and/or integrity. Trump is a POS and anyone associating with him will walk away with a moral stink.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:54 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I have been part of an executive team and I agree with your assessment of how a good exec team works. But I don't agree with your view that Trump is a good CEO. All the CEOs I worked with were good leaders - they communicated well, supportive of their team, instilled a sense of confidence that his/her vision was a good one for the company, took the long view on things, knew what was important and what wasn't, and were pretty thick skinned because things don't always go as planned and you have to roll with the punches.

Trump has none of those qualities. He bullies and berates people and rants and raves rather than communicates. It is unclear if he even has a strategy as he seems to just unleash diatribes about whatever he last saw on TV. I would also counter that he does micromanage - for instance this business about the 20% import tax should have been determined by the State Department working with congress to make sure it is workable and then communicated. It wasn't. Trump simply told Spicer what to say and it blew up in his face.

Trump may be fine as the head of a family run company that has nobody to answer to but he would never work as the CEO of a major corporation that has a board and has stock holders. And he is even less suited for this role in which he has to work with congress, governors, and foreign leaders.

But as you said, we will see. We will know in 180 days whether we can get through 4 years or whether someone needs to figure out if incompetence qualifies for applying the 25th Amendment.
"Trump has none of those qualities."

Have you ever worked for him?

If, not you are making some pretty big assessments without having any personal experience.

I have read of MANY people who have had business and working contact with him over the years and they say and ENTIRELY DIFFERENT STORY.

I wonder who we should believe, someone who has probably NEVER even met the man much less worked with or for him , or people WITH personal experience? Hmm! Tough choice.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:10 PM

5,997 posts, read 3,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"an anonymous mid-level staffer"

yea that's a go to source for me

You lost, get over it.
We haven't lost for long. Just wait, sport!

Old 01-27-2017, 01:12 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"an anonymous mid-level staffer"

yea that's a go to source for me

You lost, get over it.
LOL, OP is obviously listening to liberal fake news again. We should be keeping count and an account of every attempt to demonize Trump. Do they really believe they'll win voters over with fake news lol. It's entertaining though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies