Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 10:25 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
THE main point check! --but just throwing executive orders like slinging burgers is NOT the way to run a country- many people affected around the world and HE totally dissed his DHS guy Kelly- Acting like a fool- does not make American strong or having their shyte together
Yeah, that's the biggest issue. It was like they didn't even bother to think of that at all.

You'd think his administration would want to make sure everything is in order before doing things. This just adds more fuel to the fire for his team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 01:05 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioToCO View Post
Not everybody in the world cares only about their own well being. Every person who supports the refugee ban and calls themselves Christian is a fake Christian.
Ill tell that to my pastor on Wednesday. Not sure how it will go over tho.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:30 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Ill tell that to my pastor on Wednesday. Not sure how it will go over tho.
I would find a new Pastor if he was preaching against refugees.
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me. (Matthew 25:35-40)

John answered, “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same." (Luke 3:11)

But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? (1 John 3:17)

Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. (Hebrews 13:2)

What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. (James 2:14-17)

Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. (Philippians 2:4)

Old 01-30-2017, 04:34 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Do you have ANY idea ho much vetting these people have already been through? Any?
Do you? I mean actually have onsite first hand facts? I'm betting no, you don't. What y'all have is filtered talking points from biased sources.
Nobody has the RIGHT to come here and we should look long and hard at anyone wanting to enjoy the largess and opportunity of the U.S., especially if they are coming from an area where residents have continuously threatened to wipe us out and mix in with immigrants...

Old 01-30-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakandEggs13 View Post
Y'all think terrorism is bad just wait. You off the wall Trump supporters y'all going to get just what you ask for. What he is doing I see another 9/11 happening. This type of stuff is going to cause more isis recruits domestically.
Yeah and being all nice here and bombing/drone strikes there like Obama has done has quelled the hate so far...
YOU CANNOT NICE YOUR WAY OUT OF THIS so give it up...

Old 01-30-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me. (Matthew 25:35-40)

John answered, “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same." (Luke 3:11)

But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? (1 John 3:17)

Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. (Hebrews 13:2)

What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. (James 2:14-17)

Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. (Philippians 2:4)
Yeppers, whip out that bible.... Nothing like a good bible passage to sooth the Radical Muslim bent on our destruction...

Old 01-30-2017, 04:54 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,234,121 times
It doesn't affect me at all. I'm just waiting to see if there will be this same level of outcry and backlash when nationwide stop and frisk gets implemented.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:00 PM

46,966 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Huh? There was a 'blanket denial of entry', at least until four federal judges issued injunctions
Apparently, the USCIS failed to implement what was in Trump's heart and went with his words instead.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:19 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,458,058 times
I see the crap that's going on in Germany, France, and Sweden and I think Trumps ban is going to affect my life positively.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:22 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,697,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post

Good job of cherry picking. Take things out of context and you can make them say anything you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies