Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2017, 01:21 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
For 90 days, LOL that's the end of April
And what would happen to you if you went on vacation, or went to visit family, and suddenly without warning your time away was extended by 90 days? Would you think its funny then? What would happen to your job, your house, the car you have parked at the airport...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You obviously have some political agenda, the Boston bombers, the shoe bomber, San Bernadino Terrorist, Florida night club assassinations of gay club members, Ft Hood muders were all Islamic atracks on Americans. Maybe we should believe Obama that these were all Work place violence
And how many of those were refugees from Trumps ban list?

Old 01-29-2017, 01:30 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I don't have any friends or family from that part of the world. They should all have been "extremely vetted" right after 9/11. So, it doesn't affect me personally.

A lot of today's Trump's supporters swore by GWB. DEFENDED him to no end. Parroted every excuse known to man to justify his stupidity. I got called all sorts of names because I was against going into Iraq.

Today, history is repeating itself. I don't want the POTUS acting like an ass because he's in such a hurry to put on a show, that he can't do things right.

So, please don't tell people that what Trump does with legal immigrants is none of our business. I don't care about any of them, but I do care about the law.
Legal immigrants? We are under no obligation to take refugees. We do it because we're nice. We don't have to be nice.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
After they killed every living person who lived these lands since before ships--- then stuck Them in a prison called a reservation worse conditions than let's just not go there. History starting to repeat itself with that old European mentality
They did not kill every living person.

One, most NAs died from exposure to diseases, two, many sold their land and voluntarily moved, and three, it was not kumbaya in the Americas before European arrival; there was no formal concept of land ownership as we know it today and tribes fought and killed each other all the time.

History is not repeating itself.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:35 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,037,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I see a bunch of people freaking out acting like this will have a negative impact on their lives. Unless you are a refugee who ONLY wants to go to the US, then why are you whining? Do you want more potential criminals pouring into the US? Syrian refugees have done more harm than good. What do you have to gain in life from letting in a bunch of undocumented foreigners?

If you want Muslim refugees so bad, then why don't you host them in your own home?
Your post is factual incorrect and demonstrates a staggering lack of empathy and understanding of how a civilized society functions.

First, "Syrian refugees have done more harm than good" is simply a lie - or an "alternate fact," if you're a Trump-sucker.

Second, your last line is idiotic. Based on your flawed "logic," the US should also not have a strong navy since none of us can afford to build an aircraft carrier on our own.

Third, if we're going to simply support any dictate passed down from the Molester in Chief so long as it "doesn't harm me personally," than we're simply walking straight into tyranny. If you studied history at all, you'd realize that society's don't collapse by first having civil rights stripped from everyone. No, they always start with the unjustly hated minorities and work their way up, depending upon people's ignorance and bigotry so that nothing is said until they come for you.

First they came for the Muslims, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Muslim.

Then they came for the gays, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not gay.

Then they came for the poor, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not poor.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Legal immigrants? We are under no obligation to take refugees. We do it because we're nice. We don't have to be nice.
Read the news. This isn't just about refugees. He is also keeping legal, permamt residents of the United States from entering back into the country. I know you may not like it, but yes, many have immigrated here legally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Read the news. This isn't just about refugees. He is also keeping legal, permamt residents of the United States from entering back into the country. I know you may not like it, but yes, many have immigrated here legally.
I'm talking about refugees, please keep up.

But we are also under no obligation to take legal immigrants. We also do that because we're nice. We could be as selective as we want, we could set strict quotas, we can bring back Ellis Island type of screening if we wished. We are nice, and have been too nice and accommodating for too long.

Last edited by JerseyGirl415; 01-29-2017 at 01:50 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
For starters, keeping those who come in from countries where its OK to beat and rape a woman from coming into our country.
Cool - can we get rid of Trump then and his supporters, since they are perfectly fine with the Molester in Chief sexually assaulting women and treating them like property?

Or, did Trump wave the flag around and yell, "JEEEESUS!!!" enough that he's "forgiven" and all the right-wing Trump-suckers are back to pleasuring him while pretending it's just "that other religion over there" that makes trouble and is full of hypocrites?

Old 01-29-2017, 01:38 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,769,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
It works great for ISIS recruiting, turning it into a very clear religious war instead of terrorists vs the US. As such, people I care about in the military are endangered.

Additionally it makes us less safe.
Do you mean they have not being able to recruit people until now? It could have fooled me.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I'm talking about refugees, please keep up.
Nobody cares what you are "talking about" - we're concerned with what Trump and his goose-stepping followers are DOING. He is also keeping legal, permamt residents of the United States from entering back into the country. That is simply wrong and is also one small step from a Nazi-style travel ban... which, by the way, can work BOTH ways. Would you be fine with NOBODY being allowed to come or go from the nation? Pay attention to history and learn how tyranny begins. It ALWAYS starts with "little, reasonable things" directed against unpopular minorities. Freedoms are ground down, bit by bit, but so long as it happens to "somebody else," nobody cares... until it is too late.

Trump says lots of things - pay attention to his actions.. and study history to see what is to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies