Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2017, 08:40 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
Well for starters all the terrorists attackers have been MALE and not FEMALE.
With sole female attacker - Tashfeen Malik who was from PAKISTAN - one of the countries NOT ON TRUMPS LIST.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...9878012333.jpg

She looks like a strict adherent to Islamist belief.
Constrasts starkly with the americanized Iranian wife of my earlier post.

This was the 1st link that came up when I searched, "female terrorists in history".

Terrorists, Women
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 08:41 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
For 90 days, LOL that's the end of April.

Btw. the Tsarnaevs were once these exact same people, refugees from a conflict torn Muslim nation. Now there are five people dead, multiple people horribly maimed for life and our marathon will never be the same.

Excuse me if I don't give a damn.
You don't comprehend the issue.

When someone has been granted entry and they don't act on it in a certain time period, say 90 days - they have to reapply. That can take years and years. So the 90 days is not 90 says in practicality.

Is Chechnya on the list?

Old 01-29-2017, 09:01 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Don't reduce this to politics. There is a genuine difference of opinion on this.

I see the logic of the ban, and I see the reason for not having a ban. I am torn on the subject. But that doesn't mean that either side is taking a position for a purely political reason (for or against Trump). There really is a genuine difference of opinion.

Reasonable people can disagree, and both positions can be reasonable. This is a difficult subject. Or it SHOULD be. I would question that someone would find this an easy decision. Not to think deeply on our country's history and what the refugees are going through would show a callousness that is, frankly, unAmerican. Just as not to think deeply on what may happen when we admit Muslims from a war torn area, knowing that citizens in other countries who have admitted them have been killed by them, shows a disregard for our own safety.

This is a tough decision.

one is based on FALSE FEAR

Old 01-29-2017, 09:15 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Where do people come up with these idiotic lies? Refugees to the U.S. are some of the best, hardest working people you will ever meet. We are talking people like Einstein, Kissinger, Albright.

They have gone through extreme vetting, and a grand total of ZERO Americans have been killed by a refugee from any of these banned countries. Not even one. Zero!

In other words, the toddlers of the U.S. are far more lethal than these refugees. Every year toddlers kill a number of Americans (usually accidental shootings). Let's ban babies! If we can ban people from countries for committing ZERO homicides or acts of terror, certainly we can ban childbirth given the apparent lethal risk to snowflake Trump voters...

In 1938, two-thirds of Americans opposed Jewish refugees. They claimed they were "terrorists", and the Jews perished in the Nazi camps of Eastern Europe. Now history is repeating itself.

These Famous People Were Refugees | The Huffington Post
I've been to the middle east. Nobody is talking about refugees from Europe.

I don't believe that 99.99% of these Muslim refugees are dangerous, I just think their culture stinks, and I don't want it in my back yard.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:15 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
It's temporary. Calm down. Hysterical, hyperbolic and deranged liberal attacks seem really immature and unreasonable.

I am more worried about the percentage of Americans who think it should be a WHITE Christian America. The hatred and FEAR is spewing from its seams. From Mexicans to Muslims to brown people because whites not ever sure what anyone is if they do not look like them. For those that oppose their supreme being sorry the Prez- they are ready to say we do NOT stand for a true America.
I am afraid he will turn us into a police state and finally cause a divide as we have not see seen since the civil war.
I see Christians I KNOW well- not behaving in any way shape or form like Christ. I am convinced the spirit of delusion spoken in the bible is here- and the very elite will be sucked in- he might well be our last president as some predict. I can only ask that you look at the mirror and check your conscience and see if where we are headed, is really where you want to go.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:17 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
You don't comprehend the issue.

When someone has been granted entry and they don't act on it in a certain time period, say 90 days - they have to reapply. That can take years and years. So the 90 days is not 90 says in practicality.

Is Chechnya on the list?
Well maybe by then, their home country will be a wonderful place to be.

We are going to be letting people from these countries in. Its just going to take a little longer. Take a chill pill Meryl.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:21 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
How does it effect your life positively? Most Trump supporters live in areas of the country that have no Muslims or refugees; the only information they get comes straight from the fearmongoring right wing media.
Exactly. Too much fox and not enough interaction with those that look differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
It works great for ISIS recruiting, turning it into a very clear religious war instead of terrorists vs the US. As such, people I care about in the military are endangered.

Additionally it makes us less safe.
And that is my concern as well. It's a great recruiting tool for ISIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I often wonder that about the "pro-birth" people. How does what others do with their life have such an impact on their life, that they have to freak out.

And what makes that unborn fetus' life so important, but not a refugee's life?
Their position on each is so hypocritical, they have to twist themselves into a pretzel to justify it.

And it's certainly nothing that Christ taught.

As more and more young people turn away from organized religion. White evangelicals will be the instrument of their own demise. Hatred, fearmongering, and Donald Trump is what they are known for.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:26 AM

1,285 posts, read 592,198 times
While i can understand wanting to not intake people from countries where ISIS have supporters or where they recruit.
Why Iran?

Iran fights ISIS.
ISIS hate Iran because Iranians are Shia.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I am more worried about the percentage of Americans who think it should be a WHITE Christian America. The hatred and FEAR is spewing from its seams. From Mexicans to Muslims to brown people because whites not ever sure what anyone is if they do not look like them. For those that oppose their supreme being sorry the Prez- they are ready to say we do NOT stand for a true America.
I am afraid he will turn us into a police state and finally cause a divide as we have not see seen since the civil war.
I see Christians I KNOW well- not behaving in any way shape or form like Christ. I am convinced the spirit of delusion spoken in the bible is here- and the very elite will be sucked in- he might well be our last president as some predict. I can only ask that you look at the mirror and check your conscience and see if where we are headed, is really where you want to go.
It is you who should look in the mirror. Those aren't white Christians that are angrily protesting, burning buildings and acting like animals.

The nation is divided now and it didn't happen in the past month, its been happening for the past 8 years. Wake the eff up!

Old 01-29-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
While i can understand wanting to not intake people from countries where ISIS have supporters or where they recruit.
Why Iran?

Iran fights ISIS.
ISIS hate Iran because Iranians are Shia.
Trump is doing what he promised, he is bound by the promises that got him elected. But the promise that he made was that it was going to be TEMPORARY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies