Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 01:27 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
You have proven that one should NEVER expect a logical position from zzzSnorlax. Thanks for saving us all a ton of time reading any future posts by same!
Congratulations! You are responding exactly like I thought you would. Hooray for confirming first impressions. May I also assume you will fail to address any of the mildly challenging questions I asked you? Seems that is the angle > cant answer the points insult the person.

I am trying to fill out my irrational arguments bingo card.

With this one I got to fill in the center ad-hominem square, I only need you to put forward 2 more fallacies for a bingo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 01:27 PM

778 posts, read 339,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yet how many children in the US are in orphanages or foster care? About 400,000.
And there have been 50MILLION abortions since 1973. What's your point.

Are you saying that every one of those children should have been aborted? Are you saying that none of those children in foster care should have an opportunity to reach their potential, whatever that potential may be? Because, if those children were born after 1973, when abortion was legalized, then their parents could have "safely and legally" stopped their heartbeat if they had wanted to.

Why do you see life as something that results in happiness or else that life should be stopped before entering this world?

Old 01-30-2017, 01:29 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Please explain the logic. You have a group of individuals that want abortion to be illegal. They want planned parenthood (birth control to low income) to stop being funded, and the same group, are the first to tell a single mom that should not have had kids, she could not afford.

Life does not work that way. You can't take away someone's ability to prevent an issue, but then blame them when they have an issue.

Seriously, someone please explain the thought process because it really makes no sense.
How ironic, you say "Life does not work that way," when supporting the killing of unwanted babies.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
How ironic, you say "Life does not work that way," when supporting the killing of unwanted babies.
Considering abortion exists in reality that is indeed at least one of the ways that life does work.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
pro choice means supporting choice. all three. you can be pro abortion and never have one.
No pro-choice means supporting the stopping of a heartbeat and the ending of a human life and the potential that exists along with it.

No one ever said you have to have had an abortion to support it. Just like there are pro-life supporters who have had an abortion.

If pro-choice, truly WAS pro-choice, then PP would offer prenatal care and would operate like most crisis-pregnancy clinics do, by providing emotional support and assistance with access to government benefits and providing parenting classes, etc. But we all know that is not what PP does to make money.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:39 PM

Please observe the smearing, desperate deflection, and emotional arguments. Anything to excuse themselves from having to answer any of the difficult questions posed earlier.

Oh yea and: BINGO!

Old 01-30-2017, 01:47 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Pro-life for most people who claim to be pro-life, really means "pro-birth." They are everything BUT pro-life. They are protective and caring as long as you are a fetus. Once you are a "baby", too bad, so sad, there's no structure to support that life that the mother knew she couldn't support.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
You are very odd.

I am pro-choice and I support whatever a woman decides to do with a pregnancy. Someone else's pregnancy is none of my business. I consider myself a feminist and know many women who have not aborted. I have two children and have never terminated a pregnancy. Feminism is about supporting and trusting that a woman will make the best decisions for herself and her family no matter what she decides.

On the march and pro-life women, I know pro-life women who went to the march. I also don't hate pro-life women.
You are right. I shouldn't use such a broad brush to paint the pro-choice people as a monolithic group. My apologies. I did see videos of pro-choice marchers shouting and demeaning pro-life women who wanted to march with them but were told they were not wanted. That seems to be the norm, than the exception. I apologize.

I hate that both sides cannot have honest discussions about this issue, but as this thread shows, there are always people who just want to spew hatred about religious people or use things like pro-life women hate sex or want to control everyone else. All of which are untrue, but no one really wants to understand the other's viewpoint. I believe I understand both sides because I was indoctrinated into believing in the pro-choice viewpoint. I experienced a pivot point that changed my viewpoint - that and the growing technology that has proven some of the pro-choice arguments to be untrue. But, I can't control anyone and I don't want to. Abortion is legal and therefore, you and every other woman can abort your child regardless of my viewpoint or opinion, but the OP ASKED for opinions and explanations and that is what I have given.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:58 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Pro-life for most people who claim to be pro-life, really means "pro-birth." They are everything BUT pro-life. They are protective and caring as long as you are a fetus. Once you are a "baby", too bad, so sad, there's no structure to support that life that the mother knew she couldn't support.
This is exactly my point. I would rather the unwanted pregnancy be aborted if that is what the woman chooses.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
most people do.
Not really. I often hear people refer to an unborn fetus as just a clump of cells and until born, it should not be considered to be a human being. That is why pro-choice advocates are staunch in referring to unborn babies as fetuses. Absolutely a medically accurate description, but that allows for ignoring that the fetus is a human being.

I have heard the argument that a fetus is merely a blob of cells, just like a tumor. But no one would argue that a tumor should not be removed, so I don't see how this is an argument about controlling another person's body. The pro-life argument is only concerned about the life of the unborn. Does it suck because that body is relying on the woman who created it for sustenance? Absolutely, but the pro-life argument, at least from my point of view has nothing to do with shaming women or punishing them for having and enjoying sex. For me, it is the reality that every unborn heart that is stopped, society is deprived of the potential that life brings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies