Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 03:43 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
Trump isn't the problem at all. It is what people are constantly saying about Trump that is the issue.
"People" including His Orangeness himself? The guy is considered a buffoon, and he has only himself to thank.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:44 PM

79 posts, read 92,492 times
I'm a member of a global travel group for women on facebook that has over 150,000 members world wide. A large number of the posters are expressing that they will NOT travel here to visit/vacation or travel through the US for any reason whatsoever and it isn't because of liberals or protests. Quite the opposite.

This link is from Canada about a Canadian citizen recently denied entry to the US because there were Muslim prayers on her phone.

Canadian woman turned away from U.S. border after questions about religion, Trump - Montreal - CBC News

Last edited by Buffalo Girl; 02-09-2017 at 03:56 PM..

Old 02-09-2017, 03:53 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Girl View Post
This link is from Canada about a Canadian citizen recently denied entry to the US because there were Muslim prayers on her phone.

Canadian woman turned away from U.S. border after questions about religion, Trump - Montreal - CBC News
A woman from Montreal says she was denied entry into the U.S. Saturday after being fingerprinted, photographed and questioned in detail about her religion and her views on Trump.

"U.S. border agents asked to see her and her cousin's cellphones. They asked for the passwords and then examined the phones for about an hour."

She was even questioned about the shooting at a mosque in Quebec City

What the hell is going on here?

She was Muslim and wearing a scarf. Surely, they didn't think she had anything to do with the massacre at the mosque in Quebec City.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Girl View Post
I'm a member of a global travel group for women that has over 150,000 members world wide. A large number of the posters are expressing that they will NOT travel to visit/vacation or travel through the US for any reason whatsoever and it isn't because of liberals or protests. Quite the opposite.
I don't think we realize how much attention those in other countries pay to what is going on here.

I have a friend who lives in Scotland and she says there has always been an undercurrent of resentment towards the U.S. but it is full blown disgust now after this travel ban fiasco.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:01 PM

79 posts, read 92,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
A woman from Montreal says she was denied entry into the U.S. Saturday after being fingerprinted, photographed and questioned in detail about her religion and her views on Trump.

"U.S. border agents asked to see her and her cousin's cellphones. They asked for the passwords and then examined the phones for about an hour."

She was Muslim and wearing a scarf. Surely, they didn't think she had anything to do with the massacre at the mosque in Quebec City.
The article also says she has family who lives here in the US that she has visited many times in the past and has never had any problems at the border. They were going to go shopping in Burlington. She is also Moroccan born, which is not one of the seven countries on the list.

I can't imagine why people don't want to come and visit?

Old 02-09-2017, 04:06 PM

Apparently, there will soon be a phone call between Trump and the Canadian Prime Minister and border crossings will be discussed.

Hope this call goes better than the one with the Australian Prime Minister.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:15 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Trumpholes live in fly-over states. They rarely leave home....certainly not to look for jobs after their factories closed...better to stay home, draw that welfare check and drink cheap beer and watch Judge Judy.

They don't understand how travel expands the mind, educates and rids people of prejudice.

I will spend at least 9 months outside of the US this year as a protest to living under a fascist. Spending all the $$$ elsewhere.
Well bye.

I have done my share of traveling in Europe. Time to spend my $ in the US.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:18 PM

11,800 posts, read 12,043,246 times
Quote:
Apparently, there will soon be a phone call between Trump and the Canadian Prime Minister and border crossings will be discussed.

Hope this call goes better than the one with the Australian Prime Minister.
They're meeting Monday in DC.

Justin Trudeau and Donald Trump to meet Monday in Washington - Politics - CBC News

Old 02-09-2017, 04:22 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,917,076 times
Quote:

Insanity. People that were disturbed by the Snowden leaks should be incredibly disturbed by this, too.

How soon until it goes from "people entering the country" to all people in the US. What if I go to Canada or Europe (or anywhere) for vacation - am I going to be asked what I think of our great Orange President upon my return? Because, if I'm honest (which I'd love to be), maybe I wouldn't be let back in for not falling in line.

I'm going to start telling my foreign friends to not come here for their own good - I wouldn't want to put a friend through that kind of hell. I'll just meet them somewhere internationally instead.

Slowly, slowly down that slippery slope we go.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:26 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
What do you think?

Quote:
She was Muslim and wearing a scarf.
There is your answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies