Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 07:27 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
My wife and I use to spend a lot of vacations in Europe and especially going to London. We never booked flights. And also, never went at peak tourist times.

We found that the absolutely cheapest fights were those bought a few hours before the flight. Lots of last minute deals. Of course, you do have to be flexible on the exact date and time but so what, it was vacation time. I bet lots of people do it that way,

And we never took luggage, none. We just bought whatever when we got there, mailed it home the last day, so no luggage returning either.
That sounds like it could be fun.

My husband and I go to Europe ever couple of years. We do plan in advance - like three months in advance. Not five or six months in advance.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:04 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,543,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I did not have any firearms, yet they asked me several different ways about if I had any firearms.

This is not a big deal, there will be millions of people coming to the US this year, and many more trying to get here legally and illegally. If no one wanted to come here, then no one would be upset over any of these issues, but in fact there was an uproar even over the EO and even the wall.

Oh yes, as a few of my family members attempt to get tourist visas to the US this year, and again will be denied, will there be any uproar about this? Will you get on here and say how damaging this is that the US is unwelcoming? Anything come of it? Or do people get upset only when Muslims and illegals encounter barriers?
You are talking about two VERY different scenarios. People get turned back at borders for various reasons. Usually logical ones, sometimes it could be a border guard has a bad feeling about the people trying to enter.

The US and Canada pride themselves on certain values. Freedom of religion and a open and free practice of political beliefs. Asking someone's religion, and political beliefs in regards to entering EITHER country goes against those values.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies