Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 07:22 AM

25,581 posts, read 17,304,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Bc they think like children. If they had been pro-Russia while Obama was in office, you could at least boil this down to another Left vs Right split.

They only turned pro-Russia when they found out how much Trump "supported" Putin........
Which they "found out" when you "reported" it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 07:23 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
The only paranoia I see are people worried about Trump and Russia with no concrete evidence to back it...

Show me proof of "Russia being in bed with Trump", otherwise, that's the classic example of paranoia.

*sips tea*
So his campaign manager resigning bc of his pro-Russian lobbying before the invasion of Ukraine doesn't count?

And his millions of $ in loans from the Russian oligarchs that make up Putin's inner circle don't count?

And the confirmation from one of Putin's aides that the Trump team had been in contact with them multiple times during the campaign doesn't count?

And his national security advisor having to resign because his illegal back channel discussions with Russia doesn't count?

And the intelligence community being in agreement that Russia hacked multiple parties to release information that would help Donald Trump win doesn't count?

When you ignore all that... What connection between Trump add Russia...

Old 02-15-2017, 07:23 AM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
how many Russians in the room ?

Old 02-15-2017, 07:24 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
The only paranoia I see are people worried about Trump and Russia with no concrete evidence to back it...

Show me proof of "Russia being in bed with Trump", otherwise, that's the classic example of paranoia.

*sips tea*
Rather than paranoia, I would describe it as people taking their marching orders from a dishonest and hostile media.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:24 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
how many Russians in the room ?
Just you.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:25 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,244 times
Who said typical Trump supporters believe Russia is an ally? There is a difference between hoping we can work with another nation on certain issues and them being our ally.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Who said typical Trump supporters believe Russia is an ally? There is a difference between hoping we can work with another nation on certain issues and them being our ally.
Exactly!

Old 02-15-2017, 07:27 AM

25,581 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So his campaign manager resigning bc of his pro-Russian lobbying before the invasion of Ukraine doesn't count?

And his millions of $ in loans from the Russian oligarchs that make up Putin's inner circle don't count?

And the confirmation from one of Putin's aides that the Trump team had been in contact with them multiple times during the campaign doesn't count?

And his national security advisor having to resign because his illegal back channel discussions with Russia doesn't count?

And the intelligence community being in agreement that Russia hacked multiple parties to release information that would help Donald Trump win doesn't count?

When you ignore all that... What connection between Trump add Russia...
Trade with foreign countries must be avoided at all costs!............ We must not speak to Russian officials!.... Trump only won because Russia tilted the table!......The only way to avoid war is to bomb them NOW!....

Old 02-15-2017, 07:28 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think anybody are saying Russia is an ally.

Having a working relationship with the Russians is not the same as "Oh, Russia is a great country." well, The country does not need to be glorified or demonized. It is just a super power we don't need to **** off right now (or never).

This country cannot afford a war with the Russians.

All these said, The US does not trust the Russians because of the legacy of the Cold War and competition over who controls flow of world energy revenues.

Because of this Russia persists in opposing US efforts in the Middle East to solve problems related to Syria and the Israeli/Palestinian situation so they can preserve a foothold in the region.

Both sides bear a lot of blame for the current tense relations between the two. It is everyone’s interests that this relationship be improved before it turns into direct conflict.

Plus, The world would be a safer place if American foreign policy would avoid the notion of democratizing everyone and just stick to the basics. One of these basics, would be to search for common ground and identical security issues that threaten our nation.

Hopefully, the new President will understand that a good working relationship with Russia is the key to global stability.
IMO we have had a "working" relationship with Russia since Gorbachev.

No one wants a war with Russia. But acting like Putin is a saint and going against the our actual allies and aligning ourselves with him and Russia is ridiculous and very odd for any of you to be wanting to occur. Even if Putin and Obama didn't like each other - so what. Putin liked GW Bush (I remember one of my favorite Bush-isms is that he called Putin "Puti" lol). They were rather chummy. But Bush to my knowledge never went on media campaigns for Putin.

Bush did all of the above you mention with Russia yet also had a good relationship with our European allies who also have a poor view of Putin. No matter what you all believe, Putin is a dictator. I personally would rather him stay the dictator in Russia, just like I would rather have had Saddam Hussein stay as dictator in Iraq. Stable dictators are better than unstable, chaotic war zones like in Syria right now and other parts of the world. However, to go on media campaigns for dictators and act like they are just the greatest of guys and make excuses for their aggressions in the world, is a step above regular diplomatic relationships. And to do this all without consulting our Congress and foreign allies, the UN, etc., especially on sanctions is something that is very suspicious and makes it more likely that more and more Americans will come to believe these Trump/Putin/Russia story connections.

I personally thought that that "report" of Trump in Russia with the golden shower orgies was rather ridiculous lol. But something is up with him and his administration with Putin and Russia. Trump is the president and needs to be a leader and if he is not in bed with the Russians, he needs to show evidence of this now. He has let it get out of control.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:29 AM

Putin cannot play at being a traditional power as Russia was a hundred years ago. His nation is a wreck, and the constant challenges he throws out to the United States and NATO and the United Nations risk the destruction of Russia and the deaths of billions.

I DO NOT believe Putin wants to be Americans' friend, I don't believe this at all. This said, if there is mutual interests, then working with each other is not a bad idea.

We need to work with the Chinese, Russians, we also need to work with the leaders in Middle east (if they are willing to work) It is good for everybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies