Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 09:05 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,497,096 times

Advertisements

Operation was put in place well before Trump took office. The decision to "go" was not ordered by Obama because he and his members decided that because the operation needed to occur on a moonless night and that was not happening until Trump was in office to hold off and let Trump make the final decision. At that stage everything was in place and Trump reviewed the mission and was briefed by the appropriate staff and made the call.

Investigate which I am sure they will and nothing will come of it, there is risk in every military operation from transporting equipment to a raid such as this. The death is tragic but I see no need to politicize this one bit.

/thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 09:07 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
This guy seems like an old hippie leftist hack.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:22 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Will there be an investigation?

Not only AN investigation, The military has three separate investigations underway of last month's Yemen raid

Slain SEAL's Father Calls for Expanded Investigation of Yemen Raid | Military.com

The only issue is that this father might not get the investigation he wanted, it looks like he wanted to find out if politics was involved in the decision to order the raid.
Politics have been involved in all of it from the beginning. There is no involvement at all without politics.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:23 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Politics have been involved in all of it from the beginning. There is no involvement at all without politics.
That is correct.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:30 AM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
This guy seems like an old hippie leftist hack.
Insulting the father of the deceased soldier, real classy.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:32 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Insulting the father of the deceased soldier, real classy.
About as classy as publishing what a grieving father says right after the death of his son and using it as political points.

Disgusting is what it is. The man is going to regret everything he said. His son would not have wanted him to speak out against the President.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:36 AM

yeah, I kind of agree with pull on this one

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the father for acting this way. He is a grieving father and no pain is greater than the pain of losing a child. This said, in time, he perhaps would accept the fact that the son died of doing what he loved the most..he perhaps would not have wanted the father to speak out against the President.

I remember I told my combat Marine friends once that I hated the president for sending them to useless wars, they said they felt somewhat betrayed by me. I kind of understand now how they felt.. Saying "useless war" to them felt like a slap in the face. It almost implied they risk their lives for nothing. No need to do that. If you don't like the president, use your vote to express your opinion.

It is very very sad.. I wish the dad the best. Plus, no presidents WANTED dead soldiers. NONE.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
yeah, I kind of agree with pull on this one

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the father for acting this way. He is a grieving father and no pain is greater than the pain of losing a child. This said, in time, he perhaps would accept the fact that the son died of doing what he loved the most..he perhaps would not have wanted the father to speak out against the President.
Invading countries we have no business being in is something that he perhaps loved doing? Soldiers have to follow orders so in the end I do not blame him but bad things are going to happen when you do stupid things.

Quote:
I remember I told my combat Marine friends once that I hated the president for sending them to useless wars, they said they felt somewhat betrayed by me. I kind of understand now how they felt.. Saying "useless war" to them felt like a slap in the face. It almost implied they risk their lives for nothing. No need to do that. If you don't like the president, use your vote to express your opinion.

It is very very sad.. I wish the dad the best.
He did lose his life for nothing. We can't stop this unless more are willing to say that. It's not about this guy, he is dead. It's the next and the next and the next and the next and..........

For what?

Old 03-01-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Invading countries we have no business being in is something that he perhaps loved doing? Soldiers have to follow orders so in the end I do not blame him but bad things are going to happen when you do stupid things.

He did lose his life for nothing. We can't stop this unless more are willing to say that. It's not about this guy, he is dead. It's the next and the next and the next and the next and..........

For what?
well, I think you missed my point.

My point is that you can use your vote to express your opinion, you perhaps don't want to tell a combat sailor, airman, Marine or soldier, "Hey, you risk your life for nothing."

MANY of them don't think the way you and I do. Respect some boundaries in sensitive situation is my point.

No need to be confrontational all the time.

Also, I don't mean to be a know-it-all, but I think in time, this dad will accept the son's death. Many of my combat friends and family members have told me if they died on battlefield, they died doing what they loved to do, I could cry for them, but no need to blame. I am ONLY saying this is what THEY told me.

Having said all that, nothing changes my opinion that some wars are just not worthy fighting, but this is another topic.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
well, I think you missed my point.

My point is that you can use your vote to express your opinion, you perhaps don't want to tell a combat sailor, airman, Marine or soldier, "Hey, you risk your life for nothing."
I do though. I want everyone to hear that very loudly. We will continue to see the strongest die because we refuse to be honest.

Quote:
MANY of them don't think the way you and I do. Respect some boundaries in sensitive situation is my point.

No need to be confrontational all the time.
We aren't nearly enough.

Quote:
Also, I don't mean to be a know-it-all, but I think in time, this dad will accept the son's death. Many of my combat friends and family members have told me if they died on battlefield, they died doing what they loved to do, I could cry for them, but no need to blame. I am ONLY saying this is what THEY told me.
I can't even fathom the idea of someone loving to go into another country and start killing people that have done absolutely nothing to us. Does that really make sense to you?

That borders on psychotic.

Quote:
Having said all that, nothing changes my opinion that some wars are just not worthy fighting, but this is another topic.
It isn't. It's why we have this topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies