Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 08:45 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,757,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump hit a YUGE home run with the speech last night.

If CNN says 70%, it's really 90%.

Democrats looked small and insignificant despite the fact they brought 72 virgins with them.
To me the Dems looked like little children sulking in their chairs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Well duh.

Notice how Trump's impromptu press announcement several weeks ago made Trump like foolish... Seems he stuck to a script this time and moved more towards the center. How do Trump supporters feel now that Trump is softening on immigration and illegal immigrants?
As much as I don't like the current state of affairs when it comes to illegals I've got no issue with Trump's stance when it comes to reform as our current system is totally FUBAR. I've got no real issue with giving dreamers a pass as our government is at least 50% responsible for them being here to begin with BUT the border must be sealed up first, or as close to it as we can get AND if along with giving these passes we institute the merit based system like most other countries have AND continue to remove with haste all those who commit crimes.

So, to sum it all up I think Trump is being rational and logical in what he's proposing.

9,727 posts, read 14,271,125 times
After President Trump's speech last night, and after seeing the democrats uncultured, rude, nasty, actions and responses.....I'm done with democrats. I can't stand the sight of one, and want nothing to do with any of them. I'm so proud I'm a Republican. Never did this before, but there's an "American Trump Rally" within driving distance of us. We'll be there, with bells on! I'm tired of sitting back and watching those liberal, hateful, idiots demonstrate over everything President Trump says, or does! They are just miserable whiners.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:47 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I actually want to see who is clapping and who is not. There are always subjects that all of them should be for and it is interesting (and telling) to see the ones that are so partisan that they sit on their hands.
We find ourselves watching that too - and we feel the ones who stand up in defiance of the majority of their party and clap are the TRUE brave thinkers: bi-partisans that BOTH sides need more of.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:49 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Fantastic. Cocaine, scotch, and Xanax makes America feel good again too. The follow through is the hard part.
Yes, Obama also scored sky high polls with his speeches, but reading scripts and making promises is very different from delivering.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:53 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,757,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
President Trump doesn't need all his promises to come true.
If you read The Art Of The Deal you'd know this.
The attitude is to reach further than any man has reached before, and then even if you fall short the results will be BIG LEAGUE.
The mere fact that he's doing everything in his power to accomplish everything that he promised, makes him the perfect President, and perhaps the first President ever to walk the walk completely.
He won't be losing any of the people who voted for him, that is for sure.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:54 AM

863 posts, read 1,197,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Not a fan of trump but I thought it was written well.
Not a fan of trump either but if he wants to be seen as the leader of our country, this speech was a definite step in the right direction. I think one of trump's major problems with many moderates is his cavalier approach to the Office. If the "alt facts", adolescent tantrums and "look how much people love me" comments can stay reined in, more people would at least attempt to give him a chance.

Maybe he's beginning to comprehend that he can pull all the usual Washington shenanigans if he can just act like a president. Too early to tell yet but he may save his own ass by becoming just what he claimed he'd fight against; a regular politician.

The American people are used to getting screwed by the government, but if it's done with a little decorum, they'll feel a lot less threatened.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:56 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
So Trump talked about a better Healthcare system, Better Education, Programs for Woman/Mothers/Childcare, Infrastructure spending, Defense Spending, Immigration Reform, Blue Collar Jobs.....Democrats are crying over what now?

I think the left collectively crapped themselves last night realizing they have a good shot of losing more ground in 2 years and if Trump makes good on 1/3 of what he talked about last night.....he would have accomplished 10x more than Obama did in 8 years.
I'll believe that when I see it. Republicans have to pass those proposals onto the liar in chief. Trump has lied up and down since he became a candidate in June 2015. That is not including the birther crap from before...

Old 03-01-2017, 08:58 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,279,394 times
Quote:
You should be thankful for the 8 yrs of Obama, or you'd likely be homeless now.
Hahaha, that's fantastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Saved, for just in case anyone in the future wonders why dems have ZERO credibility. And for a good laugh anytime.
Indeed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What I'm waiting to see is how Trump will reconcile what he said during the election to what he's proposing now with respect to the budget. He hammered on our 21 trillion dollar debt being unacceptable and IT IS, but now he's proposing a slew of big projects that cost serious $$$$$.
jimj on point as usual. Hard to have both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
...I loved seeing the Dems sulking in their chairs like little children.
Okay, I'm going to have to find time to watch the speech now...

Old 03-01-2017, 08:58 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
After President Trump's speech last night, and after seeing the democrats uncultured, rude, nasty, actions and responses.....I'm done with democrats. I can't stand the sight of one, and want nothing to do with any of them. I'm so proud I'm a Republican. Never did this before, but there's an "American Trump Rally" within driving distance of us. We'll be there, with bells on! I'm tired of sitting back and watching those liberal, hateful, idiots demonstrate over everything President Trump says, or does! They are just miserable whiners.
And "you lie" by a Republican in Congress to Obama wasn't disrespectful? Neither side is great in the respect department. There are enough deplorables to go around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies