Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 09:00 AM

1,710 posts, read 1,464,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I'll believe that when I see it. Republicans have to pass those proposals onto the liar in chief. Trump has lied up and down since he became a candidate in June 2015. That is not including the birther crap from before...
And Hillary would not be the liar in chief? SHes as bad if not worse than Donald....Remember the sniper fire? Her stories are worse than Brian Williams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 09:05 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,279,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Dow up 240 pts.....HAHAHHAHAHAH
Selling opportunity.

(I'm a contrarian)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The Big Short is an entertaining move about the credit and housing bubble collapse of the mid-2000s.
It's mildly entertaining and wildly inaccurate. No mention of Barney Frank? No homebuyers held accountable? Please.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:07 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
I'll believe that when I see it. Republicans have to pass those proposals onto the liar in chief. Trump has lied up and down since he became a candidate in June 2015. That is not including the birther crap from before...
Team Trump folks are giddy with relief that he didn't sound like a lunatic last night.

It was an optimistic, broad-brush speech.

Whether Trump and the Republicans can dig in and get it done is another matter. If they can, they are the heroes and likely to sail away and be in charge from now into the foreseeable future.

According to Trump, nobody knew ACA and deportations were so complicated. I suspect that there will be a lot of matters that fall under the "nobody knew it would be so complicated" heading.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Selling opportunity.

(I'm a contrarian)It's mildly entertaining and wildly inaccurate. No mention of Barney Frank? No homebuyers held accountable? Please.
What do you mean homebuyers were not held accountable? Many lost their homes as well as their jobs in this banking scam. That happened after the movie ended though.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:12 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,499,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Whether Trump and the Republicans can dig in and get it done is another matter. If they can, they are the heroes and likely to sail away and be in charge from now into the foreseeable future.

According to Trump, nobody knew ACA and deportations were so complicated. I suspect that there will be a lot of matters that fall under the "nobody knew it would be so complicated" heading.
Don't forget ACA was passed without a full read-through or any debate, therefore companies and people like me spent hours, days, weeks, and months working to get in compliance with just the reporting piece and having to get 1095 tax forms setup as well as modifying plans and tracking certain employee's, it was a complete mess that we had to figure out as we went along because you had to basically hire a consultant to come help you decipher it.

So is ACA complicated, absolutely and I'm OK with them taking their time to ensure what comes after is vetted. We don't need another disaster, so people should be thankful.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
He talked a big game last night. He needs to back it up. Massive tax breaks isn't getting the struggling American a new job. Bank and Oil stocks can go through the roof but it means nothing to the average working class person.
Massive tax breaks will likely be spent on automation (see Carrier tale) to make American manufactured products more competitive and meaning even fewer jobs for struggling Americans.

Bank and oil stocks going through the roof will likely mean a collapse at some point, which has considerable impact on the average working class person.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:13 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Agreed but to me it is too little too late.
Seems like most people disagree with you.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:13 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,021,009 times
Default I was surprised the anti-white party had an old white southern guy give the response

in front of a bunch of old white rural people at a diner in Kentucky:

Entire Democratic response to Trump's address - CNN Video

Strange optics and messaging.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:15 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
And "you lie" by a Republican in Congress to Obama wasn't disrespectful? Neither side is great in the respect department. There are enough deplorables to go around.
And should be called out just as vociferously as it was when that "you lie" tacky,classless comment was.
The question is, will it be?

Old 03-01-2017, 09:16 AM

13,080 posts, read 7,523,914 times
His mannerisms, delivery, and superlatives wears me.
I sold some stock on Tuesday that have not been affected by today's big AM run-up. I plan to sell off more and wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies