Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 09:23 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
U.S. News & World Report
President Donald Trump gave a surprisingly conventional first speech to a joint session of Congress Tuesday night.

This is not an ordinarily high or even notable bar. But amid a first several weeks that have been marked by chaos, ineptitude and dark pugnaciousness, conventional can seem exceptional – and pundits immediately started praising this as his best performance. It may have been, but that is also not a high bar.

Republicans especially must be delighted at the appearance of a subdued rather than raving Trump. This performance might even revive talk among pundits of all stripes of a long-hoped-for pivot to a more presidential mien. But Trump has patterns and his brief bouts with a sober tone are inevitably followed by an eruption of the Twitter-troll-in-chief. You can't hope to stop Trump, merely to contain him.
Trump's Speech to Congress Was His Usual Nonsense in a Conventional Tone

Same-o, Same-o self-congratulatory lies, made-up numbers, the usual BS, oh but did include his flip-flop on amnesty now for illegal immigrants who have not created crimes and for children born of illegal immigrants! Wonder how Trump-Bots love that?
I, for one, was glad to see him act like a rational human being. It's a low bar, I know, but at least we know he is capable of it.

Trump's followers are ridiculously overjoyed that he didn't act like a lunatic. They need to have more faith in their guy.

The real test will be if he can actually pull this off.

Time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 09:27 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
I love to see CNN groveling at Trump's feet. So they told the truth this time to get the heat off?

They will be lying again and publishing fakes stories again soon enough.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:27 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
It's PATHETIC how you Trump-Bots are as thin-skinned as the NUT-CASE-IN-CHIEF is.... crybabies have to label everyone who disagrees with him. FYI I am no liberal, but I had enough principle not to vote for a CAPITAL-"P", nor would I have considered Clinton.

You ARE correct about each day with that nut-case ass in the WH is one more day too many!
Dude, it's over! Using so many boxes of tissues is bad for the environment. Become part of the solution, or go away!

Old 03-01-2017, 09:29 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Yeah the usual nonsense .

America First wow what a stupid idea .

What about the poor illegal alien MS13 gangmembers?

And China we should be helping China more too .

Old 03-01-2017, 09:32 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,279,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What do you mean homebuyers were not held accountable? Many lost their homes as well as their jobs in this banking scam. That happened after the movie ended though.
What do you mean what do I mean? The movie explicitly excused home "buyers" completely.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:47 AM

1,710 posts, read 1,464,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
What do you mean what do I mean? The movie explicitly excused home "buyers" completely.
Yeah they skipped over the part where the Stripper failed to read a 30 yr binding document that had variable interest rates. People that blindly follow are innocent right?

Either way, this is more Clinton/Greenspans fault than anyone.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:53 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,218,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Lets play a drinking game every time he attacks the media take a drink
Stayed pretty sober didn't you?

Old 03-01-2017, 10:02 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,218,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I, for one, was glad to see him act like a rational human being. It's a low bar, I know, but at least we know he is capable of it.

Trump's followers are ridiculously overjoyed that he didn't act like a lunatic. They need to have more faith in their guy.

The real test will be if he can actually pull this off.

Time will tell.
Yes time will tell. I thought he did well.(Amazed actually) If he can carry this over might there be some compromises somewhere. Younger folks may have to look up compromises. We have not seen much if any of that in government lately.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:05 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Trump promised massive spending programs and no explanation of how they would be funded, so I don't see the point in your post. Even Santorum said after the speech, there was practically nothing fiscally conservative about it.
Obama promised "hope and change" with NO specifics.

Speeches like this NEVER give specifics.

You SHOULD know this.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:06 AM

14,955 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Didn't watch or listen. Might today. But probably not.

Serious question: was there any mention of a new amnesty?

Less-serious question: were there any white-supremacist "gang symbols" or "dog whistles" thrown?
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies