Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2017, 06:29 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,843,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The US and Russia are on opposing teams ideologically and strategically. We can be friends but we are still in fierce competition with them. Most of a our allies will ask us to chose between them and Russia. It's simple in order for us to be safe globally we need to expand democracy and the expansion of democracy is something that Russia needs to stop in order to stay powerful or even relevant in world affairs.
Almost all war crimes of the US were committed by so called "the expansion of democracy". Take a look at Iraq, Lybia and Syria! Ask people of these states, are they happy with the expansion of american democracy?
Russia is on the right side of history resisting such satanic policy. Because forcible democracy is evil.
The epoch of missionary work (especially with the gun in your pocket) is over a long time ago. Today is the epoch of cooperation and mutual respect. And modern time shows it very clear to every sane people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Vladamir Putin HATES America, and he knows that Trump is the worst thing for our country.
Putin hates the US foreign policy with its warmongering, piratic and bloodthirsty behaviors. But I can tell you for sure that he doesn't hate american people at all.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
If Russia is paranoid and defensive, it's because the U.S. has done a lot to make it that way.

It's time for Cold War fossils like Senators McLame and Graham to be put out to pasture.

They're living in the past...
Agree 100%. I am applauding your post.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:21 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Because Osama and the Dogloafocrats wanted to topple Assad and install more whaaacked-out Jihadists in positions of power in the ME.

Russia did not want this, Russia evil.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:27 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,931,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
If that's what you'd like to believe.

Putin was very outspoken with his support for Trump. you really think Russia couldn't have hacked and leaked the RNC if it wanted to?

Putin wanted/wants what is worst for America, and that is Donald Trump.
Did you ever think about the possibility that they DID hack the RNC? And that they are holding back any damaging information in order to leverage Trump when the time comes? They aren't stupid.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:25 PM

26,789 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Can you please provide us with an example of such behavior of these "dang heads" of state?
I can provide you with plenty of examples.
Gorbachev for being an idiot as he was, trying to sit on two chairs at once - to "change the system" and to avoid unnecessary reforms at the same time ( which brought a LOT of hardship to the general population, and basically broke the system.) Yeltsin, - yet another useful for the West idiot, who, because of his ineptness and desire to enrich those close to him, struck all kind of wrong deals with the West, ( not to mention the American economists who were sitting in Kremlin, and whose "decisions" he was implementing, signing them as his own "decrees.") The results? Devastating economic reforms that followed, broken ties between former Soviet Republics ( where people voted to stay together by the way, ) with yet again terrible consequences for the economy. So more suffering for the population.
Putin, with his cleptocratic upper crust of the "new Russians". Endless corruption, nepotism, yachts and villas in the West for them, "patriotic songs" and the dogmas of Orthodox Church ( to keep everyone obedient and pacified) for the rest.
Various Russian tzars with their stubborn belief in their "divine rights" and refusal to implement the necessary changes in order to alleviate the suffering of the commoners.
Stalin with his "no man, no problem."
( I won't touch Khrushev and Brezhnev here, since put in the context of the Soviet system, they were relatively benevolent to the general population.)
So what else do you need here?

Old 03-02-2017, 08:31 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
All these accusations all over the left side of the media begs the question from me, what's wrong with being friends with Russia? They're not the worst country of the there, I mean, we're friends with Saudi Arabia for crying out loud . The US and Russia we're friends before during the Civil War, the US and UK were enemies until WWI and now both countries are joined at the hip. So what's wrong with being friends with Russia? Who doesn't want us to be friendly with them? The British?

You know what your best Republican President Ronald Reagan said that Russia is the " Evil Empire "......

Old 03-02-2017, 08:39 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It is simply suicidal not to be friends with Russia. That does not mean that we have to rubber stamp everything Russia does. But Russia has a larger nuclear arsenal than the US and all out nuclear WWIII would make most of the Northern Hemisphere uninhabitable. It is in humanity's best interest to negotiate, instead of moving the hands of the Doomsday clock forward; lets try moving them backward: Doomsday Clock ticks closer to apocalypse and 1 person is to blame.

By the way, in that USA link; they blame Trump's careless rhetoric for advancing the hands of the 'clock'. It is funny that many think Trump is a Russian puppet while still thinking he will start WWIII!

Russia never had the technology to put a man on the (moon what makes you think) that they have the technology to defeat the United States of America in a " Nuclear War"...?!?!?!?

Old 03-02-2017, 08:53 PM

375 posts, read 297,260 times
We should be friends with Russia. I have always felt this way. In fact, the two men most responsible for avoiding nuclear war between the USA and Russia over the past fifty years have both been Russians!

First time was in 1962 during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Which was, btw, pretty much our fault. One of our warships was dropping depth charges on a Russian nuclear sub. An act of war, btw. The sub commander wanted to unleash a nuclear torpedo. But the XO stopped it.

Second time was in 1983 during a cute little game Reagan was playing called Operation Able Archer. We were launching faux nuclear ICBM attacks on the USSR. Just to see how well they could respond. USSR thought one of these attacks was the real deal, and a silo commander was told by the Kremlin to let loose a nuke. He deliberately and flagrantly disobeyed orders and refused to do so.

WWIII avoided. Reagan was quite the idiot, folks.

We did many things to the USSR during the Cold War that had they done them to us, we would have considered them acts of war. And we always had a huge lead in them in nukes during that time. Trust me. Or look it up. I grew up in the DC area, my dad worked for the NSA. I grew up hearing those stories of how things really were. We had nukes as close to Russia at the time of the Cuban Crisis as they did to us in Cuba. But ours had been there....In Turkey...For months. But I guess we didn't like them to do the same as we did. The USA wax guilty of tons of hypocrisy like this during the CW.

Russia's arsenal today is about equal to ours. Combined we both constitute 90% of the world nuke arsenal! Putin would make an excellent ally. The main difference between us now and for the last few years has been that we tend to back different regimes in the Middle East. And we don't care for some of Putin's past expansionist policies and actions. But I think these differences in philosophies can be ironed out.
It would behoove both parties to do so and become partners. Together we would indeed run the World.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:53 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
You know what your best Republican President Ronald Reagan said that Russia is the " Evil Empire "......
I suggest you study history a bit more. Reagan was referring to the Communist, Soviet Union. Not Russia. And if you recall...liberals supported the USSR. It was only after Russia gave up on Communism that leftists turned on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies