Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2017, 03:34 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Everyone gets the same plan. Everyone pays taxes. Taxes are heaviest among the richest, lowest among the poorest.

If children are "dependent" then obviously that's a different story. There's plenty of special cases to really fully answer your question. Not everyone has your situation but they also need health coverage.

The bottom line is, as long as it's reasonable coverage for a reasonable price, the whole "fairness" question doesn't really matter.
So, do you think it should be the same percentage for everyone?

Old 03-13-2017, 03:35 PM

6,751 posts, read 3,372,535 times
I don't care what some stupid report says because nothing has been approved and finalized. The liberal left has their hair on fire over something that isn't even done yet.

I don't believe a plan would be put in place that would be worse than the Obamacare disaster.

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And how will that be funded?

Do you want the government to tax everybody a certain percentage, let's say 10%, of their income or will this be another program where I have to pay for myself and others to get the same care?
With most insurance, taxes, infrastructure, national efforts (space, military, GPS), we ALL pay for each other. There is no such thing as only paying for yourself.

Example - when you use an MRI machine - whether you pay $200 or $5,000+, you are only paying that "cheap" price because others are using that 10 million dollar machine, therefore bringing your price down.

The very basic fact that most americans don't understand is that the government is already paying 2/3 of all health care in this country! This has been going on for a while since almost no one can afford to pay it.

Example - a family of 5 would have to pay $45,000 - yes, 45K in premiums per year - in order to "Pay for themselves". How many here are paying over 30 or 40K a year for health insurance. If you are not - well, someone else is paying for you....

We need to get the money from various taxes. Maybe a VAT? But we also need to squeeze the health care providers for lower prices. We need to make sure people stay healthier....lots of work needed.

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
First off, among the purported 20 million who obtained health insurance through the ACA, 16 million are on Medicaid, and if ACA were repealed today, they’d still be on Medicaid. Also, of those 16 million, approximately 75% qualified for Medicaid before the ACA. The only reason they didn’t have Medicaid before the ACA was because they hadn’t applied for it. They had no healthcare needs and only applied after the ACA because of the proposed penalty. Among the nearly 5 million who have subsidized private insurance through the ACA, they have insurance plans with $6,000 deductibles.
These people are the poor and don’t even have a net worth of $6,000. It would
make more sense for these patients to stop wasting their money on their portion
of the insurance premiums and have no insurance. They could pay cash for their
healthcare needs and if they have a catastrophic illness, apply for Medicaid.

It's time to stop the lies. Obamacare is the biggest lie and POS forced
on us. We need to demand ALL citizens including those in the
government participate in the same plan.
Doctors Challenge Five Claims of Government-Run Healthcare Proponents - Breitbart

Quoted directly out of Breitbart.

2,940 posts, read 1,814,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You don't need to outlaw them....Create competition by having EVERYONE pay into Medicare, and private companies continue to exist and can have employer provides insurance like they do in Canada and the UK.
The reason why I say outlaw them is because of their lobbying. The healthcare insurance industry and pharma is extremely powerful, they have a ton of cash and can buy airtime to start a propaganda war if they wanted. Easiest way to get rid of their power? Dismantle them. I want to see them dismantled and run home crying.

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
24 million fewer covered over the next decade.

Trumpcare. It trumps actual care.
Care?

You do know the difference between health insurance and healthcare dont you?

Old 03-13-2017, 03:37 PM

1,985 posts, read 1,457,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I don't care what some stupid report says because nothing has been approved and finalized. The liberal left has their hair on fire over something that isn't even done yet.

I don't believe a plan would be put in place that would be worse than the Obamacare disaster.
I'm almost positive this is. It's a rollback of some entitlements so maybe reduces some tax burden but other then that everything else seems to be obamacare lite.

5,461 posts, read 3,237,301 times
The CBO was wildly off the mark when it released its report on Obamacare. I see no reason not to suspect the same here.

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post

Why don't you believe a plan worse than Obamacare would be put in place???

Higher premiums. Fewer insured. Bigger disaster.

2,940 posts, read 1,814,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, do you think it should be the same percentage for everyone?
Progressive tax... so no. Poorest pays less, richest pay more.

If you make 50K, you might pay an additional x percentage.
If you make 20k, you might pay several % off of the guy making 50K.
If you make 150k, you will pay several % above the 50K person and so forth...

However, benefits are all the same. Standardized across the entire country.

There's many ways to implement this. Everyone can have a base rate some x percentage. Then additional surcharges if you have a higher income. Is another way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies